Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets will most likely go 11-5

Undrafted Free Agent

Jets will most likely go 11-5

I know in football the phrase on any given sunday anyone can win, does definitely apply. But realistically and pessimistically as a die hard Jets fan you have to come to grips with the schedule and infer that those games will most likely be losses.

Look do you honestly think the Jets are going to continue playing this well on the road (5-0).. I see them losing the Pats, Steelers and Bears games, finishing the year 5-3 on the road and 6-2 at home.

11-5 will prove to be a devasting result for the franchise because not only will Rex not have his pre season wish come true in having the best record in the NFL, we will automatically become no better than the 5th seed since the Patriots will finish with more than 11 wins. We will host no playoff game nor will we have a first round bye, even though I think we will have the second best record in the AFC.

Yep the life of a Jets fan.. getting screwed again, I can see it now... After a season that has been better than any other since the '98 Magic under Parcells, the Patriots will screw us out of everything we worked for. Road to Dallas will once again require 3 Road games. Sorry but I was born Pessimistic.. Im a Jets fan...

Practice Squad
    A bit pessimistic there, 2121! We will win one of the Patriots/Steelers/Bears games, and go 12-4. Hopefully, it will be the Patriots game. Whoever wins that will win the division.

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=NYJETS2121;3831845]I know in football the phrase on any given sunday anyone can win, does definitely apply. But realistically and pessimistically as a die hard Jets fan you have to come to grips with the schedule and infer that those games will most likely be losses.

Look do you honestly think the Jets are going to continue playing this well on the road (5-0).. I see them losing the Pats, Steelers and Bears games, finishing the year 5-3 on the road and 6-2 at home.

11-5 will prove to be a devasting result for the franchise because not only will Rex not have his pre season wish come true in having the best record in the NFL, we will automatically become no better than the 5th seed since the Patriots will finish with more than 11 wins. We will host no playoff game nor will we have a first round bye, even though I think we will have the second best record in the AFC.

Yep the life of a Jets fan.. getting screwed again, I can see it now... After a season that has been better than any other since the '98 Magic under Parcells, the Patriots will screw us out of everything we worked for. Road to Dallas will once again require 3 Road games. Sorry but I was born Pessimistic.. Im a Jets fan...[/QUOTE]

Maybe I should just stick my head in the oven now. After all, I'm eventually going to die anyway.....talk about doom and gloom...Why don't you just let the season play out and enjoy the ride sparky...

[QUOTE=NYJETS2121;3831845]I know in football the phrase on any given sunday anyone can win, does definitely apply. But realistically and pessimistically as a die hard Jets fan you have to come to grips with the schedule and infer that those games will most likely be losses.

Yep the life of a Jets fan.. getting screwed again, I can see it now... After a season that has been better than any other since the '98 Magic under Parcells, the Patriots will screw us out of everything we worked for. Road to Dallas will once again require 3 Road games. Sorry but I was born Pessimistic.. Im a Jets fan...[/QUOTE]

[B]We're better then the Pats, Steelers & Bears[/B] and [B]will win a minimum 2[/B] of those 3 road games. The Jets will finish [B]no worse[/B] then 13-3 this season.
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 11-24-2010 at 06:04 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Jets won 8 of their first 10 games

but NYSOJFan2121 figures the team is going to lose 3 of the remaining 6 games and needs to start a thread to deliver this information to everybody

All League
    I just think winning the division is a must this year and its not going to be easy. If not we are going back to [B][SIZE="3"]SAN DIEGO[/SIZE][/B] but this time in round 1. And thats exactly what they Chargers and their fans want

All Pro
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;3831854]I just think winning the division is a must this year and its not going to be easy. If not we are going back to [B][SIZE="3"]SAN DIEGO[/SIZE][/B] but this time in round 1. And thats exactly what they Chargers and their fans want[/QUOTE]

No problem if that happens...we would just whip then again like last time, only with a bigger margin of victory.

Jets Insider VIP
    only one thing to say about this

JETS WILL BEAT THE PATRIOTS ON DECEMBER 6 WORSE THAN THEY BEAT THEM IN WEEK 2

put it in the books

All League
    I say 8-8.

All League
    8-6-2.

All League

damn. i shouldn't have opened this thread. i was really looking forward to watching the last 6 games. oh well. thanks for saving me sometime. :rolleyes:

I just checked with the league, and they said they are going to go ahead and play the games anyway.

How exactly are we going to lose to the Bears?

That's not going to happen.

New England and Pittsburgh? Yeah, maybe, but we're not losing to the Bears.

[QUOTE=MCBNY;3831858]I say 8-8.[/QUOTE]

Bull - we're going 7-9. Mark it down.

I know that we already have 8 wins, but that ******* Goodell will declare one of them null and void to help the Patriots get in, because, you know, the league office is against us and favors the Pats*.

Also, Mark Sanchez will revert back to his rookie season TD:INT ratio. He's just been getting lucky. Have you seen all his dropped picks? I see another 5 INT game coming against Buffalo

Stop trying to copy SAR's act. You're no good at it.

[QUOTE=124;3831868]How exactly are we going to lose to the Bears?

That's not going to happen.

New England and Pittsburgh? Yeah, maybe, but we're not losing to the Bears.[/QUOTE]

Jets can beat the Steelers!
    Jets have to let Sanchez loose in that game, Steelers secondary BLOWS!
    They need to go to the Pats tapes, spread them out, which forces the linebackers to play in coverage and GO FOR IT!

No one the Steelers can cover Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery & Keller
    Jets Defense will stifle big Ben & his posse.

Hall Of Fame

[B]11-5 will prove to be a devasting result for the franchise because not only will Rex not have his pre season wish come true in having the best record in the NFL, we will automatically become no better than the 5th seed since the Patriots will finish with more than 11 wins.[/B] We will host no playoff game nor will we have a first round bye, even though I think we will have the second best record in the AFC.

That has to be one of the most poorly constructed sentences I have ever seen.

Yes. Even on a football message board.

[QUOTE=FPAGS;3831849]Maybe I should just stick my head in the oven now. After all, I'm eventually going to die anyway.....talk about doom and gloom...Why don't you just let the season play out and enjoy the ride sparky...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3831867]I just checked with the league, and they said they are going to go ahead and play the games anyway.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=doggin94it;3831874]Bull - we're going 7-9. Mark it down.

I know that we already have 8 wins, but that ******* Goodell will declare one of them null and void to help the Patriots get in, because, you know, the league office is against us and favors the Pats*.
    [/QUOTE]

:D All excellent.

Sorry, Thread Starter...you deserve the thrashing that you're taking here.

[B][SIZE="2"]We need to win games like Pitt, NE, and Chicago if we want to win a Super Bowl. If we cant beat those caliber teams the record doesn't matter cause we will not reach the Super Bowl.[/SIZE][/B]

[QUOTE=dublinjetsfan;3831847]A bit pessimistic there, 2121! We will win one of the Patriots/Steelers/Bears games, and go 12-4. Hopefully, it will be the Patriots game. Whoever wins that will win the division.[/QUOTE]

I actually think we win 2 of those 3 and go 13-3 or all and win out...JMHO