Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Videos: Top 5 Jets Home Games

Veteran
    Clark University, by way of West Orange, NJ
    Post Thanks / Like

NFL Videos: Top 5 Jets Home Games

[url]http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d81c5dc18/Top-5-New-York-Jets-home-game-moments[/url]

Hard to argue with the list, although maybe put the Jets beating the Pack in 02 ahead of the fake spike :cool:

As a younger Jets fan, I'm curious how many people on this board were at all 5 of these games?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Get the Fake Spike the hell off of that list and replace it with 51-45 O.T. win over the Fish in 1986 or the '02 clincher versus the Packers. I was on hand for both of those.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    seriously, wtf were they thinking putting the fake spike in that clip.

there's a reason why i didn't include this garbage in my earlier thread about NFL.com videos :mad:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3832115]seriously, wtf were they thinking putting the fake spike in that clip.

there's a reason why i didn't include this garbage in my earlier thread about NFL.com videos :mad:[/QUOTE]

+ infinity! boooooo NFL Network!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3832115]seriously, wtf were they thinking putting the fake spike in that clip.

there's a reason why i didn't include this garbage in my earlier thread about NFL.com videos :mad:[/QUOTE]

They wanted us to see Ed with hair...LOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=njherdfan;3831971][url]http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d81c5dc18/Top-5-New-York-Jets-home-game-moments[/url]

Hard to argue with the list, although maybe put the Jets beating the Pack in 02 ahead of the fake spike :cool:

As a younger Jets fan, I'm curious how many people on this board were at all 5 of these games?[/QUOTE]

I was at 4 of the five. I did watch the 69 game on TV and then became a life long fan the next week!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am only 37 so obviously the game at Shea i didn't see.. BUt i was at the other 4 games and the spike game was not a great home Jet game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fake spike game...in addition to sucking for obvious reasons, was probably the coldest game I have ever been to. I took a date...first date...very hot drug rep a friend of mine introduced me to who was a Jet fan.

So basically I froze her a&& off, and made her watch that crappy ending. No...I did not get laid.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was at all the games on that list but....

As stated..the 51-45 (OT) belongs on that list.

The 16-15 win at Shea over Dolphins (Todd-to-Barkum) as well.

IMO..The 2002 Packer game was a "better" game experience than the Colts game a week later.

And last Sunday !! :yes::yes::yes:

The Spike Game ?? :rolleyes:
    Last edited by Phoenixx; 11-24-2010 at 11:25 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I posted this last night, should have had the Jet/Dolphin shootout instead...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycdan;3832155]The fake spike game...in addition to sucking for obvious reasons, was probably the coldest game I have ever been to. I took a date...first date...very hot drug rep a friend of mine introduced me to who was a Jet fan.

So basically I froze her a&& off, and made her watch that crappy ending. No...I did not get laid.[/QUOTE]

That spike game was my birthday actually... But the coldest game i was ever at was the Jacksonville Playoff game... The sun was out but i think it was below 30 degrees out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=djaparz;3832147]I am only 37 so obviously the game at Shea i didn't see.. BUt i was at the other 4 games and the spike game was not a great home Jet game.[/QUOTE]

+1

Coldest Nov game I think I've ever been to. The Jets were in such control of the game that my 3 dolphin fans who I went to the game with left in the 3rd quarter. That ending made everyone sick... and I'll never forget the Jets getting the ball back after the fake spike, getting to mid field, and then Boomer throwing a hail mary well out of the end zone.. not even close

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycdan;3832155]The fake spike game...in addition to sucking for obvious reasons, was probably the coldest game I have ever been to. I took a date...first date...very hot drug rep a friend of mine introduced me to who was a Jet fan.

So basically I froze her a&& off, and made her watch that crappy ending. No...I did not get laid.[/QUOTE]

The final home game of last season was the coldest game I've ever been to...hopefully they crush the Bengals again tomorrow night!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shuler82;3832165]+1

Coldest Nov game I think I've ever been to. The Jets were in such control of the game that my 3 dolphin fans who I went to the game with left in the 3rd quarter. That ending made everyone sick... and I'll never forget the Jets getting the ball back after the fake spike, getting to mid field, and then Boomer throwing a hail mary well out of the end zone.. not even close[/QUOTE]

what about the meltdown vs Philly - Eric Allen is stil running back that INT

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shuler82;3832165]+1

Coldest Nov game I think I've ever been to. The Jets were in such control of the game that my 3 dolphin fans who I went to the game with left in the 3rd quarter. That ending made everyone sick... and I'll never forget the Jets getting the ball back after the fake spike, getting to mid field, and then Boomer throwing a hail mary well out of the end zone.. not even close[/QUOTE]

Can't have been colder than the Bengals game week 17 last year. Night game, in January?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=djaparz;3832207]what about the meltdown vs Philly - Eric Allen is stil running back that INT[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah! When was that, 1991? And besides the Jets having a nice lead, Randall Cunningham was knocked out of the game for Philly and they had to go with the immortal Bubby Brister for back-up QB. And we know what happens to SOJ teams vs. back-up QBs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parkwayjet1;3832263]Oh yeah! When was that, 1991? And besides the Jets having a nice lead, Randall Cunningham was knocked out of the game for Philly and they had to go with the immortal Bubby Brister for back-up QB. And we know what happens to SOJ teams vs. back-up QBs.[/QUOTE]

Vince Evans says hello.

[url]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199310100rai.htm[/url]

For some reason this game stuck with me as the worst example of what you are talking about.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;3832160]I was at all the games on that list but....

As stated..the 51-45 (OT) belongs on that list.

The 16-15 [B]win at Shea over Dolphins (Todd-to-Barkum) as well.[/B]

IMO..The 2002 Packer game was a "better" game experience than the Colts game a week later.

And last Sunday !! :yes::yes::yes:

The Spike Game ?? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Good call. That game -- though I was at home it my family's den rather than at Shea -- is a very vivid childhood memory. And the Wildcard against the Pats two weeks later was also an incredible game -- albeit with a worse result.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only been to a total of maybe 20 Jets games in my life.

But the fake spike game and the Cincy game last year are two of them...and I remember the Cincy game as MUCH colder.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycdan;3832321]Vince Evans says hello.

[url]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199310100rai.htm[/url]

For some reason this game stuck with me as the worst example of what you are talking about.[/QUOTE]

Dave Kreig is the one I remember most bitterly.