Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: decreased crowd noise?

decreased crowd noise?

from pfw

[quote]
    New Meadowlands Stadium is larger and more spacious than Giants Stadium was, but that extra room may be to the Jets’ disadvantage. Rex Ryan said the crowd noise hasn’t been as much of a factor this year in the team’s home games despite the increased attendance. Both Jets losses have come at the new building, and the coach wants to develop an edge heading into the stretch run of the season. AFC foes New England, Pittsburgh and Indianapolis all have well-known home-field advantages, and Ryan hopes New Meadowlands can become a place that opponents fear playing in as well, but so far that hasn’t been the case.
    [/quote]

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I'm against a dome, but we just might have to. lol.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3832374]from pfw[/QUOTE]

First, our fans have always been in the bottom five when it comes to making
    noise, even if the place is full.

However, I thought this past crowd was one of the loudest Jets crowds ever to come across my TV.

Rex took a shot some of the fans in his post game address when he said the only people who had faith in the team Sunday were the coaches, players, and fans that stayed in the stadium.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3832384]First, our fans have always been in the bottom five when it comes to making
    noise, even if the place is full.

However, I thought this past crowd was one of the loudest Jets crowds ever to come across my TV.

Rex took a shot some of the fans in his post game address when he said the only people who had faith in the team Sunday were the coaches, players, and fans that stayed in the stadium.[/QUOTE]

It was one of the worst in person.

All Pro
    New Meadowlands stadium sucks!!
    There is no hiding from the fact that it was built poorly .

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Apache 51;3832385]It was one of the worst in person.[/QUOTE]

I thought the crowd was pretty good up until the Jets 4th quarter collapse. The entire lower end zone sections were on their feet on every Houston 3rd down, and some 2nd downs as well..

[QUOTE=Apache 51;3832379]I'm against a dome, but we just might have to. lol.[/QUOTE]

To build that building without a dome was one of the worst economic decisions in history.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=shuler82;3832390]I thought the crowd was pretty good up until the Jets 4th quarter collapse. The entire lower end zone sections were on their feet on every Houston 3rd down, and some 2nd downs as well..[/QUOTE]

Were they stomping their feet? People had to be prodded to get into Shaub/Schwabs ear. The shape of the stadium does not help.

Hall Of Fame
    why isn't our stadium rocking? we are a fat and loud collection.

All League
    The Pats have a home field advantage but it certainly isn't because of crowd noise. That place is borderline sedate.

1. Rex never said that.

2. Rex has said several times how great the noise was against the Pats this year.

Practice Squad
    if our team does so well on the road, should we make noise when the offense is out there too?

we were (unfortunately?) pretty loud during that last offensive game winning run even if people had left already.

Maybe Sanchez likes noise?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3832394]To build that building without a dome was one of the worst economic decisions in history.[/QUOTE]
    after Xanadoots

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3832404]1. Rex never said that.

2. Rex has said several times how great the noise was against the Pats this year.[/QUOTE]
    this

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ozu;3832400]The Pats have a home field advantage but it certainly isn't because of crowd noise. That place is borderline sedate.[/QUOTE]

I'd say Jets fans and Pats fans make the same amount of noise.

All League
    [QUOTE=majormajor42;3832405]if our team does so well on the road, should we make noise when the offense is out there too?

we were (unfortunately?) pretty loud during that last offensive game winning run even if people had left already.

Maybe Sanchez likes noise?[/QUOTE]He actually said on the Michael Kay show that he was trying to quiet down the crowd while they were lining up on the 6 but it was no use. The crowd really needs to shut up on offense. Ever watch the Colts at home? That crowd doesn't make a peep while Peyton is working.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3832399]why isn't our stadium rocking? we are a fat and loud collection.[/QUOTE]

Rex was banking on it.

Is everyone ok? Its been 17 posts and no one has mentioned it must be because the "real fans" don't goto the games anymore. :zzz:

I guess everyone is in a joyous holiday mood.

[QUOTE=shuler82;3832390]I thought the crowd was pretty good up until the Jets 4th quarter collapse. The entire lower end zone sections were on their feet on every Houston 3rd down, and some 2nd downs as well..[/QUOTE]

it really wasn't that great compared to the New England and Baltimore games this year. there was A LOT of juice in those games. the GB game was pretty quiet for obvious reasons, and last game turned out to be pretty quiet due to the large lead. by the time Houston got back into it, i think the crowd was too shell shocked to make a lot of noise. before Houston's go ahead drive, it should've been crazy loud, but instead you could hear a pin drop. any time the Jets have a lead in the 4th quarter and the other team is starting what could be their last drive, it is always insanely loud regardless of the circumstance. in that case though, i think people kind of anticipated that we were going to collapse, and there wasn't much noise generated at all, that is, until we scored our unbelievable td!

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=ozu;3832440]He actually said on the Michael Kay show that he was trying to quiet down the crowd while they were lining up on the 6 but it was no use. The crowd really needs to shut up on offense. Ever watch the Colts at home? That crowd doesn't make a peep while Peyton is working.[/QUOTE]

good to know. I was at the opposite end zone so I doubt the sound of my heavily beating heart interfered but the day it comes down to it at the North/West end zone, I'll be sure to keep that in mind and help shush people.