Thread: Year to date.....

Year to date.....

The Jets have only beat one team with a winning record this year. That was my Pats in week 2 who I will admit sucked until about week 6 or 7 when all of the rookies and 2nd year players started to get a feel for their position and what was expected of them.

The other 2 teams with winning records that the Jets played lost both games. So other than the Pats the Jets have played and beat 8 teams that are sub 500 (bottom dwellers of the league)

The Jets have not played a good team yet this year

Are you worried that once you start playing good teams that you will find out that the Jets are only an average team even though they are 9 - 2 ?

I suspect this will be the case. What do you think?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by MACPAC View Post
    The Jets have only beat one team with a winning record this year. That was my Pats in week 2 who I will admit sucked until about week 6 or 7 when all of the rookies and 2nd year players started to get a feel for their position and what was expected of them.

The other 2 teams with winning records that the Jets played lost both games. So other than the Pats the Jets have played and beat 8 teams that are sub 500 (bottom dwellers of the league)

Are you worried that once you start playing good teams that you will find out that the Jets are only an average team even though they are 9 - 2 ?

Well we did manage to beat the Browns that beat the Pats 34-14.. What's frustrating is the 2 teams we lost to the D gave up just 10 to the Ravens and 3 fg's to Greenbay.. The Monday night game will be a good test to see where we are at no doubt.. As long as Brady and BB are together the Pats will always be a tough team..

How did you do against the Browns?

All League
    So the twisted logic is that its better to lose to a bad team than beat a bad team.

dump

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    So the twisted logic is that its better to lose to a bad team than beat a bad team.

dump
    Good point. The same goes for those two idiots on 1050 this morning at 10.

All Pro
    i think Rex said it best. "We know we're gonna get your best...."

Jets, for all the strengths and personality, are the kind of team that bring out the best in their opponent. DET, CLE, DEN etc etc, they all played some their best games (not statistically, but fundemental football) against us.

So i take their records with a grain of salt.

And after next Monday night this stat will remain intact.

Veteran
    The Bengals beat the Ravens
    The Texans beat the Chiefs (leading the west) and Colts
    The Browns beat the Patriots and Saints
    The Broncos beat the Chiefs

Some of those bad teams the Jets have played, have beaten good teams. There are no style points in the NFL, just wins.

The Jets lost to the Ravens by 1 point and to the Packers by 9 (they gave them 6 points with the fake punt and turn over on downs at the end of the game)

The Jets already beat the Patriots in the first meeting, so I dont think it would be a stretch to say the Jets can beat the Patriots again despite not playing their best.

The good news is that we will all find out real soon if the Jets are for real or not. The Jets have games at Chicago, New England and Pittsburgh.

Don't worry the pats wil show us on Monday.

not for nothing but the patsies have also been catching the "good" teams at the right time. they beat pittsburgh the week after two of their olinemen go down. they beat the vikings when favre was hobbled with a broken ankle, they beat the ravens when flacco has a deer in the headlights look. so while they have beaten a couple of teams with winning records, they have been timeley meetings. as the saying goes, timing is everything.

Sometimes teams catch good breaks...

You found out yesterday the Lions can play... You got them without their starting QB... Who knows what happens with Stafford in there...

You got dominated by a Cleveland Browns team that had a 5'9 rookie QB starting...

The Chargers beat themselves, Manning threw one of the worst interceptions of his career, entirely unforced and you're trolling us talking about beating good teams...?

It's cool to thump your chest but Shaun Hill forced a ball that turned the tide of the game yesterday...

It took your team almost 2 full quarters to figure out Alphonso Smith was going to hand you the game...

I wouldn't call what the Patriots have done very 'dominating'...

Your team will have its hands full in a little over a week.

I doubt your HOF head coach is sitting there thinking the Jets lead the division because they're lucky...

Not one negitive post in this thread but the mods felt it needed to be dumped

Instead of using your powers why not use your big boy words and tell me what you think

I guess I must have hit a soft spot