Thread: Iron Bowl

All League

Iron Bowl

Bama up 21-0. Pathetic Auburn defense getting exposed, but that was one of the worst penalty calls I've ever seen on Nick Fairley.

Fairley gets better every game. I'm in love.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    He is doing everything he can. That sack and fumble recovery near the endzone was epic, an all pro play.

This is nothing new, Auburn's defense has been terrible all year and they always relied on their offense.

A few notes on some prospects... Dont'a Hightower is a nasty ILB and perfect for the 3-4. Dareus and Ingram really havent been great this year. Mark Barron is a horrible cover safety. I like Dre Kirkpatrick for Bama at corner. Michael Dyer is gonna be the next great SEC running back.

All Pro
    Nice start for Auburn in the second half! Finally we might have a football game...

My god is Barron bad in coverage, he looked like a high schooler on that play!

All League
    Dude is a monster. Aubie can make it interesting here.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    He is doing everything he can. That sack and fumble recovery near the endzone was epic, an all pro play.

This is nothing new, Auburn's defense has been terrible all year and they always relied on their offense.

A few notes on some prospects... Dont'a Hightower is a nasty ILB and perfect for the 3-4. Dareus and Ingram really havent been great this year. Mark Barron is a horrible cover safety. I like Dre Kirkpatrick for Bama at corner. Michael Dyer is gonna be the next great SEC running back.
    I would agree with you on Dyer if Malzahn wasn't leaving soon...as soon as he and Newton are gone, Auburn's going to turn to **** under Chizik. Otherwise, sure...but I could run for 1,000 yards in that offense.

Oh yeah, an there's going to be Richardson and Lattimore next year- and he's not better than them. No one is.

Barron's a ****ty safety all-around. He's soft and dumb. Kinda like Will Hill...

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Dude is a monster. Aubie can make it interesting here.
    I don't buy the "he can't play in a 3-4."

He's obviously a better fit for the 4-3, but you can't tell me a 3-4 team would pass on him if he made it to #15 or so.

All Pro
    I would agree with you on Dyer if Malzahn wasn't leaving soon...as soon as he and Newton are gone, Auburn's going to turn to **** under Chizik. Otherwise, sure...but I could run for 1,000 yards in that offense.

Oh yeah, an there's going to be Richardson and Lattimore next year- and he's not better than them. No one is.

Barron's a ****ty safety all-around. He's soft and dumb. Kinda like Will Hill...
    Good points. Lattimore and Richardson are just nasty, I hope Georgia gets Isiah Crowell next year to finally give them a feature back again after Moreno.

Dyer looks like a great pro prospect though and he should get into the NFL with really fresh tires...

All League
    What a ****ing idiot.

All League
    Is there any doubt that Julio Jones and AJ Green will be perennial pro bowlers at the next level?

Auburn coming back.They have done this all year.Great game

Looking forward to Boise st Nevada tonight

Good points. Lattimore and Richardson are just nasty, I hope Georgia gets Isiah Crowell next year to finally give them a feature back again after Moreno.

Dyer looks like a great pro prospect though and he should get into the NFL with really fresh tires...
    Crowell's a monster.

I didn't know you followed HS recruiting...

James Carpenter is without a doubt a first day pick to me. All he does is wreck people and he gets no love because of all the playmakers Bama has...

All Pro
    Crowell's a monster.

I didn't know you followed HS recruiting...
    Well, just checking Scouts and Rivals on what's happening and catching a few vids in the process...

Great game to watch!

I'll be pissed if the NC is anybody except Auburn vs. Oregon.

However, those who sh!t on Boise haven't watched them play enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Is there any doubt that Julio Jones and AJ Green will be perennial pro bowlers at the next level?
    Best 1 and 2 at WR in the draft in a long time...I'm a Jones fan because I like the TO type guys with the size and physicality to dominate.

I don't buy the "he can't play in a 3-4."

He's obviously a better fit for the 4-3, but you can't tell me a 3-4 team would pass on him if he made it to #15 or so.
    +1 Fairley's size and athleticism isn't going to be ignored by 3-4 teams.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Barron's not sh!tty- he just got senioritis as a junior- which will kill him as he was preparing to enter...much better all around player in '09...

All Pro
    I'll be pissed if the NC is anybody except Auburn vs. Oregon.

However, those who sh!t on Boise haven't watched them play enough.
    Well, to me Boise State has to do more than win at a solid but unspectacular Virginia Tech team to be in the discussion. All those wins against crappy teams are fine but going through the SEC week and week out presents a much bigger challenge. You can't have down weeks and you face two or three legit NC title every year. Auburn faced LSU and Alabama which are both much better than anything Boise St. has seen. On top of that if you want to go through the SEC you will most likely end up playing in extremely hostile environments like Bryant-Denny, Death Valley, Between The Hedges or in the Swamp. Not even close to comparable to playing what, Hawaii in the sun....

This year is a moot point but this discussion will come up every year...
    Last edited by Flaming Mo; 11-27-2010 at 07:10 AM.

Well, to me Boise State has to do more than win at a solid but unspectacular Virginia Tech team to be in the discussion. All those wins against crappy teams are fine but going through the SEC week and week out presents a much bigger challenge. You can't have down weeks and you face two or three legit NC title every year. Auburn faced LSU and Alabama which are both much better than anything Boise St. has seen. On top of that if you want to go through the SEC you will most likely end up playing in extremely hostile environments like Bryant-Denny, Death Valley, Between The Hedges or in the Swamp. Not even close to comparable to playing what, Hawaii in the sun....

This year is a moot point but this discussion will come up every year...
    I think Boise St. moving to the MWC where they have to beat TCU every year helps. Nevada and Fresno St. are obviously always respectable. Hopefully Hawaii joins as them and Houston are scary for any team considering they put up 500 yards on the regular. Air Force and that option has pulled off some upsets and their coach has been in demand because of it.

I wish they would have kept Utah and/or BYU, but if they can add another legit team into the conference, I would let an undefeated- AND ONLY UNDEFEATED- team out of that conference play for a NC.