Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Phil Taylor?

  1. #1

    Phil Taylor?

    Sorry I don't have too much time to watch and he's a small school prospect so not much on most draft sites. I know CBNY had been keeping an eye on him. Anyone have anything on how he's looked this year? Possible 3rd round pick with upside?

  2. #2
    He's not having a bad year statistically, but haven't heard much and haven't watched Baylor play.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Sorry I don't have too much time to watch and he's a small school prospect so not much on most draft sites. I know CBNY had been keeping an eye on him. Anyone have anything on how he's looked this year? Possible 3rd round pick with upside?
    mentioned him in October...significantly improved this year...came in about 30lbs lighter and it showed...much better movement skills and endurance..

    that said i posted something in a FA thread about two weeks ago everyone should keep an eye on- if there is free agency this year and the Browns don't tag him the Jets will target Ahtayba Rubin....and its not just me speculating...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    mentioned him in October...significantly improved this year...came in about 30lbs lighter and it showed...much better movement skills and endurance..

    that said i posted something in a FA thread about two weeks ago everyone should keep an eye on- if there is free agency this year and the Browns don't tag him the Jets will target Ahtayba Rubin....and its not just me speculating...
    Rubin has really improved in his short time in the league, turning into one of the best pure NT's around this year.

    he's practically unmoveable at the point of attack.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    taylor got a senior bowl invite....

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    mentioned him in October...significantly improved this year...came in about 30lbs lighter and it showed...much better movement skills and endurance..

    that said i posted something in a FA thread about two weeks ago everyone should keep an eye on- if there is free agency this year and the Browns don't tag him the Jets will target Ahtayba Rubin....and its not just me speculating...
    Can Rubin generate any QB pressure? I think Pouha is very stout against the run, but the team misses the push we used to get from Jenkins in the middle.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Can Rubin generate any QB pressure? I think Pouha is very stout against the run, but the team misses the push we used to get from Jenkins in the middle.
    i have not watched him much in cleveland, so all i can say is out of Ia St he was an occupy 2/3 blockers straight line guy that allowed others to do the work...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    taylor got a senior bowl invite....
    Sweet hopefully he doesn't raise his stock to the point that we can't get him. Sigh I remember when I was calling for the jets to take Raji in the high second or with their middle first... lol then draft season rolled around and poof he was gone.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us