Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slightly OT: Who you guys got as Miami's next coach?

Slightly OT: Who you guys got as Miami's next coach?

I've seen literally every name connected to Miami...

Who would you take? Realistically?

Keep in mind Miami will pay their HC bupkis and their fan support is ****. At the same time, they're getting a new facility and you can take 25 kids out of SoFla and compete for ACC Championships year in and year out.

I would take a hard look at Mario Christobal, FIU's coach and former Miami OL.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    I've seen literally every name connected to Miami...

Who would you take? Realistically?

Keep in mind Miami will pay their HC bupkis and their fan support is ****. At the same time, they're getting a new facility and you can take 25 kids out of SoFla and compete for ACC Championships year in and year out.

I would take a hard look at Mario Christobal, FIU's coach and former Miami OL.
    if they are smart they go balls out for randy edsall....

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    if they are smart they go balls out for randy edsall....
    edsall has done some serious work here at uconn, and id hate to see him leave

the names being connected to miami are crazy from gruden to even jimmie johnson (again)

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrebetCT1192 View Post
    edsall has done some serious work here at uconn, and id hate to see him leave

the names being connected to miami are crazy from gruden to even jimmie johnson (again)
    don't understand the infatuation with Gruden.....more NFL coaches to college have failed in recent times than the other way around....Wandstedt is going to get canned at Pitt...

the interesting story will be to see if rich rodriguez makes it through the week at UM...

don't understand the infatuation with Gruden.....more NFL coaches to college have failed in recent times than the other way around....Wandstedt is going to get canned at Pitt...

the interesting story will be to see if rich rodriguez makes it through the week at UM...
    Miami Herald is apparently saying Gruden to Miami done- $3.4 mil..

Agreed with your premise though. That's a lot of money(for Miami) for a guy who's going to jump at the first attractive NFL gig.

If I'm Miami, I would have much preferred a guy who would have built that program up over the long haul.

And RR is gotta be toast...If I'm Michigan, I throw $4+ million at Harbaugh.

I almost cried when it was being rumored that ND was trying to take edsall from us...he's our team up there...without him I shudder to think where our football program would be.

I really hope they don't go after him because if they do, he'd be a damn fool not to take it in a heartbeat...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Miami Herald is apparently saying Gruden to Miami done- $3.4 mil..

Agreed with your premise though. That's a lot of money(for Miami) for a guy who's going to jump at the first attractive NFL gig.

If I'm Miami, I would have much preferred a guy who would have built that program up over the long haul.

And RR is gotta be toast...If I'm Michigan, I throw $4+ million at Harbaugh.
    just a hunch, but Harbaugh will be the coach of the SD Chargers next year...

He's sure going to be in demand for a bunch of NFL teams. That's why Michigan needs to pay him elite college money and try to appeal to his sense of duty of his alma mater.

If they whiff on Harbaugh, IDK who they look at. Dan Mullen shouldn't be stuck in Starkville after this year.

Denard Robinson in his offense would be nuts- pending his ability to stay healthy.

Malzahn would certainly make Denard pretty sick also.

Then there's the usual suspects of Peterson, Patterson, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    I almost cried when it was being rumored that ND was trying to take edsall from us...he's our team up there...without him I shudder to think where our football program would be.

I really hope they don't go after him because if they do, he'd be a damn fool not to take it in a heartbeat...
    I'm hoping a UCONN or Syracuse type job comes available so they look to Steve Addazio. He's got ties to the area so I'm sure he would be in the running...

Indiana just fired their head coach and there's speculation Addazio could be a candidate there.

I'm praying to the collegiate football gods this happens.

False reports on Gruden to Miami...

al golden's done a good job with Temple...

Hall Of Fame
    If that happens and I'm Ron Rivera, I'm telling Spanos and Smith to go eff themselves on my way out.

All League
    Thought this thread was about the heat

I'm hoping a UCONN or Syracuse type job comes available so they look to Steve Addazio. He's got ties to the area so I'm sure he would be in the running...

Indiana just fired their head coach and there's speculation Addazio could be a candidate there.

do you want him to get a hc job so he'd be out of florida or because he deserves a shot as a head coach? i could be wrong but ive heard alot of UF fans hate on Addazio alot this year

Lol this post made no sense to me until I saw that you were from FL. Now I understand...

Keep him away from Uconn.

Quote Originally Posted by chrebetCT1192 View Post
    do you want him to get a hc job so he'd be out of florida or because he deserves a shot as a head coach? i could be wrong but ive heard alot of UF fans hate on Addazio alot this year
    BECAUSE HE SUCKS AND IVE NEVER HATED SOMEONE SO MUCH IN MY LIFE!!!!

BECAUSE HE SUCKS AND IVE NEVER HATED SOMEONE SO MUCH IN MY LIFE!!!!
    hahaha ooops

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    If that happens and I'm Ron Rivera, I'm telling Spanos and Smith to go eff themselves on my way out.
    haha I'm sure he wouldn't have the opportunity because he will get canned too.

This is the guy who couldn't figure out how to use one of the most gifted CBs in the NFL. He has no place to complain.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    haha I'm sure he wouldn't have the opportunity because he will get canned too.

This is the guy who couldn't figure out how to use one of the most gifted CBs in the NFL. He has no place to complain.
    Rivera has the #1 ranked defense in the NFL. If it finishes that way and he isn't considered for the HC job (if Norv is fired) I bet he'd get the gig elsewhere (provided Gruden, Cowher, Dungy, etc. stay put).

I'd really like us to get Richt, Malzahn, Gruden, or Edsall.

I like most of these names though. We don't draw too well, but the USF thing is being overblown. Most of us students were home at Thanksgiving.