Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidney Crosby Slew Foot

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBensAngel7 View Post
    Why is everyone picking on Sid???lol
    What's up with that thin-ass chain he's got on? Must be a gift or prop for that photo shoot. He can afford a bigger chain than that.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharrow View Post
    What's up with that thin-ass chain he's got on? Must be a gift or prop for that photo shoot. He can afford a bigger chain than that.
    i dont know.. that pic was when he was like 18 or so.. maybe he couldnt afford a bigger one.. and i am more worried about what he is trying to grow on his lip...lol

Veteran
    i dont know.. that pic was when he was like 18 or so.. maybe he couldnt afford a bigger one.. and i am more worried about what he is trying to grow on his lip...lol
    lol, I hope its just superstition and he'll shave it off when his points streak ends.

Jets Insider VIP
    what a ghey post.

Jets Insider VIP
    Cindy once again proves he's a dirty little POS. Low bridging Boyle well after Boyle passed the puck. Boyle is lucky he didn't get his knee destroyed.

Hall Of Fame
    well he didnt get hurt so it was a good hit..lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    well he didnt get hurt so it was a good hit..lol.
    Really? That's a joke right?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Really? That's a joke right?
    yes jordy its a joke. i thought it was kind of cheap of sidney to give that hit to boyle. but since i am a pens fan, i have to defend my guys right..lol

Jets Insider VIP
    yes jordy its a joke. i thought it was kind of cheap of sidney to give that hit to boyle. but since i am a pens fan, i have to defend my guys right..lol
    No because the integrity of the sport is more important than any one player.

And I think Crosby is taking advantage of his status and he's risking injury to other players with cheap hits and cheap moves (slew foot) and unfortunately he is, for the most part, doing so with inpunity.

Hall Of Fame

And I think Crosby is taking advantage of his status and he's risking injury to other players with cheap hits and cheap moves (slew foot) and unfortunately he is, for the most part, doing so with inpunity.
    its just a competitive advantage sid has...lol.

Rookie

How did you feel about Avery's blindsided hit on Malkin while he didn't even have the puck? Do you feel as if Ovechkin is taking advantage of his status as a superstar while he is constantly running players and go knee on knee with players?

On a side note, this is not an attempt just to troll on your comments. Despite your blatant and often times unwarranted hatred of all things Penguins, you are a true fan of the game and do offer good analysis and opinions on the NHL (when you're not blinded by hate) and I'm curious if this is a problem you have with all high status players taking advantage of their position or just Crosby?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    How did you feel about Avery's blindsided hit on Malkin while he didn't even have the puck? Do you feel as if Ovechkin is taking advantage of his status as a superstar while he is constantly running players and go knee on knee with players?

On a side note, this is not an attempt just to troll on your comments. Despite your blatant and often times unwarranted hatred of all things Penguins, you are a true fan of the game and do offer good analysis and opinions on the NHL (when you're not blinded by hate) and I'm curious if this is a problem you have with all high status players taking advantage of their position or just Crosby?
    We all know Avery takes liberties as does your Matt Cooke and former penguin Jarkko Ruutu. But Avery is a beacon and gets whistled and penalized for everything short of blowing air on his opponents. It's easy to hate Avery if you're a fan of an opposing team.

But you're missing my point. Yes Ovechkin is a dirty POS as well and he and Crosby both have been taking advantage of their statuses and one of these days someone will get seriously injured if their antics go unfettered.

You really think she watches hockey?

Don't even waste the breathe.

Veteran
    I'm not saying it wasn't dangerous or perfectly clean, but the guy is 6'7", I bet he gets hit low all the time. Its part of the game. Its a ****ing competition, that kind of thing probably happens every day in the NHL against tall players.

I remember seeing Hal Gill get hit low like that all the time and never heard a word of complaining. When they've got 10 inches or so on the guys hitting them, its going to be low sometimes. The "Crosby is a dirty player" was a hot joke of a story a couple weeks ago. Why don't I see even a peep out of anyone complaining about this anywhere? Because its a non-story.

I swear, this small handful of you Rangers fans are the whiniest bunch of fans I've ever seen. Its the refs, or its cheating, or they're playing dirty; its always something! Give the crying a rest, ffs. Lol, I get the feeling if you had your way, the players would be wearing sequin dresses instead of pads.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm not saying it wasn't dangerous or perfectly clean, but the guy is 6'7", I bet he gets hit low all the time. Its part of the game. Its a ****ing competition, that kind of thing probably happens every day in the NHL against tall players.

I remember seeing Hal Gill get hit low like that all the time and never heard a word of complaining. When they've got 10 inches or so on the guys hitting them, its going to be low sometimes. The "Crosby is a dirty player" was a hot joke of a story a couple weeks ago. Why don't I see even a peep out of anyone complaining about this anywhere? Because its a non-story.

I swear, this small handful of you Rangers fans are the whiniest bunch of fans I've ever seen. Its the refs, or its cheating, or they're playing dirty; its always something! Give the crying a rest, ffs. Lol, I get the feeling if you had your way, the players would be wearing sequin dresses instead of pads.
    Funny, that's kind of how I picture you.

But anyway, what do you expect, a running discourse in the media about Crosby's dirty play? Of course not, he's the Wonder Boy. Bettmann wouldn't allow it. But you listen to Brian Engblom and Keith Jones (neither one known to be clean players in their day) on Versus the other night (not 2 weeks ago) coming out and saying it was a dirty play, what else do you want? Has he done this his whole career so far? No. But it's starting to take shape. Maybe he sees Ovechkin and Droopy Face get away with it so he figures he can too.

And I've never heard a more whinier group of fans than pansie fans. There are more referees in the stands at their arena than in any NHL arena. Montreal being a close second.

Jets Insider VIP
    Thank you Islanders for ending Horseface's streak!

Veteran
    Pretty awesome; 50 points in 25 games. So much for Sid vs Ove, for now anyway. Imagine what he'd do with even one star winger.

Veteran
    Lemieux: Crosby's recent play tops his own

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11001/1114832-61.stm

Jets Insider VIP
    Crosby whines like Lemieux did but I wonder where Crosby learned his dirty play from. I don't recall Lemieux ever slew footing anyone.

Banned
    When you are the best... everyone is going to be bitting at your ankles