Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: After spending some time in MASS, New Englanders have every reason to be bitter.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

After spending some time in MASS, New Englanders have every reason to be bitter.

Born and raised in New York I never established any hate for another city. Hell where would I establish any hate for another city? I was too busy living my life and loving where I came from. The New Englanders have a lot to be bitter about and rightfully so. There's a lot of reasons to hate somebody coming from the great city of New York. I hope you guys take heed and try to understand why they hate us so much.

- First off there's a hill on every freaking block. Most of the houses are 2-3 family houses and they share those houses with neighbors they aren't too fond of but after their kids bang and the baby is about to be born, they are forced to become 1 family. Imagine if this happened to your family for about 3 generations how would you feel?

- Since there's a hill on every single block, little kids riding these bikes get very tired. In fact many New Englander kids just didn't have bikes at all and prior to the motor scooter were forced to learn how to ice skate. Imagine that? While you grow up watching movies like "The Sandlot" and "Do The Right Thing" and see kids playing on a street, riding bikes and having fun you have to wait for it to get freezing cold to play with your friends. When its warm the kids just walk around with a skate board and every time they are going downhill they start to ride. That initial ride downhill is fun no doubt about it but the sensation only last about 20 seconds. How would you feel?

- They love their "SAUX" .... These people love the Red Sox more than they love the Patriots. In fact most Patriot fans were strictly Boston College and Doug Flutie fans until Parcells arrived. This explains the lack of knowledge with certain aspects of professional Football. Most of them don't know that the 2 point play wasn't around in the 80's. Hell they didn't know the overtime rules until the Raiders game. Someone actually told me during the "tuck rule" game that the Pats staff put on the scoreboard "If we make this kick we WIN this game, Raiders don't get the ball back" ... and thats the main reason nobody was really cheering when they decided to kick the field goal. After the scoreboard lit up saying this the entire stadium stood up and actually understood the importance of the play . This explains a lot. So have some understanding when you hear them say something stupid, please.

- With them loving their "Saux" you can understand why they would hate anybody from the great city of New York. The Babe Ruth thing which about 100% of New Englanders weren't around back then but still hold an incredible grudge. I mean some Jews do still hold something against the Nazi's right? Then you have the 86 "Saux" team. (enough said) .. I mean the yankee's have won nearly 30 championships vs the Sox 2 championships. Well at least they have those Patriots right? Well since the NFL merger New York has won 4 championships altogether. 1 by the Jets and 3 by the Giants while New England has only 3. One of those Giants superbowls actually stopped the Patriots from completing the first undefeated 19-0 sweep. The greatest team in NFl's history to never have won a championship. Only in New England. Plus why does New York get 2 teams for every sport. Hell even the Nets are considered a Metropolitan team. How come New England doesn't get 2 teams? Not fair ... how would you feel

- The entire New England area is the land of ZERO opportunity. Add that with the fact that you have all these rich people on wall street and there's so much opportunity in this city. I mean even kids in the ghetto get to ride their damn bike and have fun and not have to worry about steep hills. I mean in New York kids from the ghetto ended up making millions in New York city just talking about their ghetto life. How does that happen? Meanwhile kids in in NE were trying to be like these ghetto kids from New York city who created this "Hip Hop" thing. Ted Kennedy once tried to ban it from the radio but knew he couldn't stop it when graffiti hit. In New York your talent can be discovered and it can turn you into a millionaire in less than a month. In Mass if you had any particular talent your parents told you to stuff it & stick to your books so you can hopefully hit one of those Ivy League schools close by. A crooked Politician is all you could hope to be. Its either that or working at the factory in Worcester. Or working for a Bank who's head quarters are in ... well New York. How would you feel?

- Last but not least ... The women there are terrible looking. They don't take care of themselves for the most part. I hate to generalize but there are a few cute waiters around the town (thats about it) and the night life exist of "get drunk now cause tomorrow I have to go to my sh*tty job" .. Truth be told nobody likes their job in New England. What jobs are their to like? Well when Halloween comes around they do these cool haunted hey ride things but aside from that there's no cool job you can actually have. If you want to marry the woman or your dreams in New England you better move. The men over there look at these hot looking woman on TV and whenever and out of towner says "Man I wish I lived in New York, a regular fella like ourselves can get one of the most attractive ladies on this planet" .. A New Englander contemplates suicide.. Most New England sports fans carry this stress and jealousy inside of them. It sometimes shows on a message board. The hatred in a man is something that is ambiguous and not easy to explain to folks. I hope I have cleared some of your ambiguity as to why the bitterness exist and where it evolves from.

Resources: Tom & Larry from the Irish Pub in Boston, Jack & Sean George from Bickford's breakfast spot in Leominister, Mike the loud mouth cab driver from Fitchburg, and Stacy, Karla, & Michelle the 3 below averaged women who were the hottest females in the entire state of Mass.
    Last edited by LadainianIMnotDONE; 12-01-2010 at 03:55 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I myself like hills.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, we should Hate New Englanders because of.....hills?

As somebody that lived in Southie for a couple of years and worked in Boston back in the late '90s, I gotta say, this is the weirdest thing I have ever read. There are truly so many more and better reasons to despise inhabitants of Massachussetts than this inane list cites.

Hills?? Bicycles??

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    I myself like hills.
    I got confused when the kids were forced to ice skate because they lived in multi family homes on a block with hills.

Is ice skating up a sidewalk easier than riding up one? In August?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I got confused when the kids were forced to ice skate because they lived in multi family homes on a block with hills.

Oh every now and again the anti-hillites come out and spew their venom.

It's sad really.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post

As somebody that lived in Southie for a couple of years and worked in Boston back in the late '90s, I gotta say, this is the weirdest thing I have ever read. There are truly so many more and better reasons to despise inhabitants of Massachussetts than this inane list cites.

Hills?? Bicycles??
    Oh so you LIKE hills??? Figures.

HILL LOVER!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post

Hills?? Bicycles??
    I'm explaining why they hate US. We've never had a reason to hate them. The only reason any New Yorker hates anybody from another city is cause they hate us. Any real New Yorker on this forum has never grown up or started hating any other city just cause .... Another thing ... I didn't once say I hate anybody from up there. Actually the people there were very nice and honest. Most of what I wrote would come off as sarcasm but I promise there's truth in everything I said. I'm a very sarcastic person but what I wrote was genuine and based on my references I can actually confirm some of the reason for their hate. Hell I spoke to people from age 19 - 60 on why they hate New Yorkers. Don't kill the messenger.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is totally football related.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree about the women part. They're not ugly per se, they're just a little rough looking -- like they drink too much and get no sleep.

In fact, the city of Boston deserves its own 1-10 scale, because their women are just that consistently below average. A Boston 7 is about a NY 5.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I myself like hills.
    What about hillis? Peyton Hillis?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Might be one of the dumbest posts I've ever read here.

Has nothing to do with football...

Mods - please move to the "Hills / Multifamily House" forum?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

this confused me too. But they learn to ice skate cause thats the only activity to do in these towns where they can play with their friends. Riding bikes with your buddies is a precious thing that you can't take for granted. They really don't do that over there, its very sad. Everyone there HAS to learn how to ice skate. Basically you have to wait til its freezing temp to actually play with your friends over there as a child. I mean how many TV shows and movies do we see kids riding bikes together? They try this over there and they actually have the bikes but the serious hill problem hinders them from experiencing the true pleasure in this activity. I mean I bought a old man a bike over there and took him to the park and he started crying. I was like "why are you crying" .. he said "in my day I could never get to this park with all the hills around me. I always wanted to ride my bike in this park. thank you son" ... It made my day

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are a lot of hills and ice skating and bicycles and two-family houses in those Islamic terrorist countries.

This explains a lot about their hatred for NY.

_

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    I'm explaining why they hate US. We've never had a reason to hate them. The only reason any New Yorker hates anybody from another city is cause they hate us. Any real New Yorker on this forum has never grown up or started hating any other city just cause .... Another thing ... I didn't once say I hate anybody from up there. Actually the people there were very nice and honest. Most of what I wrote would come off as sarcasm but I promise there's truth in everything I said. I'm a very sarcastic person but what I wrote was genuine and based on my references I can actually confirm some of the reason for their hate. Hell I spoke to people from age 19 - 60 on why they hate New Yorkers. Don't kill the messenger.
    New Englanders from 19-60 told you they hate New Yorkers because of hills and ice skating?

(Not to mention the Nets?)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    boston is all college girls, they women are pretty hot

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh so you LIKE hills??? Figures.

HILL LOVER!!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    this confused me too. But they learn to ice skate cause thats the only activity to do in these towns where they can play with their friends. Riding bikes with your buddies is a precious thing that you can't take for granted. They really don't do that over there, its very sad. Everyone there HAS to learn how to ice skate. Basically you have to wait til its freezing temp to actually play with your friends over there as a child. I mean how many TV shows and movies do we see kids riding bikes together? They try this over there and they actually have the bikes but the serious hill problem hinders them from experiencing the true pleasure in this activity. I mean I bought a old man a bike over there and took him to the park and he started crying. I was like "why are you crying" .. he said "in my day I could never get to this park with all the hills around me. I always wanted to ride my bike in this park. thank you son" ... It made my day
    That was YOU? I enjoyed our time together. Thanks for the Necco Wafers®

Damn those New Yorkers and their biking to the park with ease!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    boston is all college girls, they women are pretty hot
    They are mostly from south Connecticut and the surrounding Providence area. Most New England die hards are deep in Mass. If you see any women with a tan in Boston College chances are she's from Florida or the Carolinas.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why are you talking about places like Dorchester as if it were all of New England? This would be like going to Queens or some **** and using it to describe New York State.

It always amazes me how because of movies about Southie people don't understand that that's <1% of what New England is like. Go to Brooklyn or anywhere in New jersey and tell me those spray tan skanks don't look "rough" lol.

Boston is also one of the biggest financial centers outside of wall street and the job market here >>>>>>>> new York.

Weird post.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are mostly from south Connecticut and the surrounding Providence area. Most New England die hards are deep in Mass. If you see any women with a tan in Boston College chances are she's from Florida or the Carolinas.
    Exactly. Because there are no tanning shops in Boston and are abundant in Florida and the Carolinas.