Thread: SECCG: Auburn-South Carolina

All League

SECCG: Auburn-South Carolina

I got Auburn 38-28

I'll go out on a limb and call the upset.

SC matches up well here, and I think they can keep Newton and that offense off the field by giving Lattimore the rock 40 times.

SC 38 Auburn 35

All League
    Wow. Impressive start for the Tigers. That bomb was perfect from Newton. First round throw.

Nice answer from SC, but Garcia's not going to do that for 4 quarters.

Give it to Lattimore and control the game.

All Pro
    In terms of sheer size, Newton kinda reminds me of JaMarcus Russell at LSU. Of course he is playing in a different offense and has a completely different head on his shoulders... And he actually can talk english!

All Pro
    Jeffery = BEAST!

There are two safeties in this game that I like a lot. For Auburn it is Zac Etheridge and for SC it is Akeem Auguste, who started his career at corner but can play both positions.

All Pro
    Stephon Gilmore is having a brutal game... even though it is hell to defend that Auburn offense.

SC lost as soon as they thought they could win this thing in a shootout.

All League
    Jeffery and Lattimore would be NFL studs today on almost any roster.

All League
    HOLY SH**

Auburn was smart to know Spurrier wasn't patient enough to give the rock to Lattimore 40 times.

I think it was dumb to defer the opening kick, because the pressure's on them the rest of the way to "hold serve." Plus, Spurrier panics when he's down. He could have controlled the game from the start if he chose to receive.

Nothing Spurrier is doing here makes sense.

Andddd that's what happens when you rely on Garcia...

I know I look like an idiot for picking SC now, but at least I mentioned how f'ed they were when they weren't willing to give the rock to Lattimore.

SC will run the SEC east next year anyways so they'll be back to try again.

Newton + Malzahn means Auburn will be back also (helps Bama's losing McElroy, Ingram, Carpenter, Jones, Dares, Hightower, and Barron).

Can't wait to watch Auburn's fall from grace in 2012, though, when they're without both Malzahn and Newton, stuck only with Chizik.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

did nick folk kidnap the usc kicker and steal hius uniform??

Didn't know everyone was so sure Newton was going pro- looks like Auburn will be donzo next year.

Bye-Bye Newton, Chizik, their OL, and the only two talents on their defense(Fairley and Bynes).

Wow, Miss. St.- if Mullen is still there- has a legitimate shot of winning the west next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Didn't know everyone was so sure Newton was going pro- looks like Auburn will be donzo next year.

Bye-Bye Newton, Chizik, their OL, and the only two talents on their defense(Fairley and Bynes).

Wow, Miss. St.- if Mullen is still there- has a legitimate shot of winning the west next year.
    where's chizik going?

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    where's chizik going?
    I meant Malzahn.

Can't wait to see how he does without those guys- UF's former DL coach who just took over North Texas did better at Iowa State than he did.

It's amazing a former hotshot DC has a defense that can't stop anyone.

I'm willing to predict he gets fired in 2 years, 3 at the most.

Miss State - No one's getting as much out of so little as Mullen...and Miss. State's only going to get more talent...
    LSU - Miles always pulls wins out of his @$$, but losing Peterson, Sheppard, Tollivar, Nevis, and Barksdale will hurt a little
    Bama - Losing WAY too much talent, but they're always tough with Saban
    Arkansas - Arkansas's defense - Mallet = Drop-off
    Auburn- See above
    Ole Miss - Houston Nutt sucks and his coaching staff has turned Masoli into an average collegiate player.

SC - Only ? mark is QB, and it was a ? mark this year and they still won the East.
    Georgia- Love Murray, but who will he throw to?
    UF - Depends what happens with Brantley and Addazio, could challenge if they're both gone.
    Tennesee - Best WR corps in the SEC next year. Seriously. Start watching.
    Kentucky - Losing Randall Cobb will hurt.
    Vandy - Who cares?