Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: If We Beat Miami We Help New England

  1. #1

    If We Beat Miami We Help New England

    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

    New England clinches a playoff spot with:

    1) NE win or tie OR

    2) MIA loss or tie + JAC loss or tie OR

    3) MIA loss or tie + IND loss or tie

    There are other scenarios in which New England may clinch a playoff spot if they clinch the strength of victory tiebreaker over certain teams this weekend.



    well that kind of sucks

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    Dump.
    no of course it's good we win

    it just sucks we help the patriots

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    sid-nee, os-stray-yah
    Posts
    144
    NE make playoffs?

    c'mon dude, this aint a surprise.

  5. #5
    Yea we should lose on purpose so that New England doesn't clinch a playoff spot.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Yea we should lose on purpose so that New England doesn't clinch a playoff spot.
    agreed 100%!!!

    and then while we're at it, we wanna root for New England to beat Chicago, because then that way we won't have to worry about New England having the tie breaker over us at the end of the year due to strength of schedule!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretzel M & M View Post
    agreed 100%!!!

    and then while we're at it, we wanna root for New England to beat Chicago, because then that way we won't have to worry about New England having the tie breaker over us at the end of the year due to strength of schedule!
    Well now you're being ridiculous

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Well now you're being ridiculous
    lol, somebody said that in another thread, so im just copying more or less. it may be true that Chicago beating them might diminish our strength of victory compared to the chowds, but let's cross that bridge when we come to it. first things first is the football gods smiling on us once more and just allowing us to be in a first place tie with the cheaters, then worry about possible tie break scenarios.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,155
    if we don't beat the stinking sardines


    we don't help OUR playoff chances, for chrissake

    DUMP this dumb thread

    thank you

  10. #10
    What's more important is we help ourselves with a win over Miami.

    New England will reach the playoffs, do not worry about them clinching a spot. Worry about them losing to Buffalo or Miami so that we can leapfrog them in the division with a 4-0 finish. If they lose to Chicago or Green Bay, they still win the division unless they get a second loss elsewhere.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Fl
    Posts
    3,230
    wow...

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    What's more important is we help ourselves with a win over Miami.

    New England will reach the playoffs, do not worry about them clinching a spot. Worry about them losing to Buffalo or Miami so that we can leapfrog them in the division with a 4-0 finish. If they lose to Chicago or Green Bay, they still win the division unless they get a second loss elsewhere.
    Jets are not sweeping the table to finish out. Sorry.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,517
    Quote Originally Posted by jetspodcast View Post
    no of course it's good we win

    it just sucks we help the patriots
    It is not helping the Patriots. They have the game advantage so on a week that we could clinch with different scenarios it makes sense that they can clinch as well. I am sure if we lose it helps them even more

  14. #14
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,215
    Quote Originally Posted by GronkWelkhead View Post
    Jets are not sweeping the table to finish out. Sorry.
    If I had to bet on that, I'd probably agree with you. But, do you think its such a far fetched proposition? Sure they looked like sh!t on Monday, but they've been able to win 9 games previously, no reason they can't start winning again. Its not like MIA/Pitt/Chi/Buf aren't flawed teams. Despite their records, there isn't much difference, talent-wise, between the Lions and the Bears.

    They probably won't, but it would hardly be a shock to see the Jets win out. Just curious, what % chance do you think the Jets have to win out? The Patriots?

  15. #15
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,377
    So we have to root for the Ravens over the Packers??! What?!?!

    oh, wait that was last year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us