Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Justin Houston

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Justin Houston

I have not watched Georgia play this year, but he has put up decent stats playing in the SEC and has experience dropping into coverage. What are your thoughts on him as a potential Jets draft pick?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I have not watched Georgia play this year, but he has put up decent stats playing in the SEC and has experience dropping into coverage. What are your thoughts on him as a potential Jets draft pick?
    Great pass rusher, not so good when it comes to coverage. Given our need for any sort of rush he might be a good option. He has a year of experience as a 3-4 OLB so that's pleasant, but he'll probably have a learning curve b/c he never really had to cover.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Great pass rusher, not so good when it comes to coverage. Given our need for any sort of rush he might be a good option. He has a year of experience as a 3-4 OLB so that's pleasant, but he'll probably have a learning curve b/c he never really had to cover.
    exactly- he's got sh!t between his ears when he's asked to play in space...to hesitant and indecisive....looks like singularly a one-gap DE at this point...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    exactly- he's got sh!t between his ears when he's asked to play in space...to hesitant and indecisive....looks like singularly a one-gap DE at this point...
    What players should the Jets be targeting in the draft that can help the pass rush?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    What players should the Jets be targeting in the draft that can help the pass rush?
    i like christian ballard of iowa who i mentioned in august- not a great pass rusher but an upgrade and a potentially outstanding two-gap end....JJ Watt of Wisconsin but i think he'll be gone in the top 20..maybe Cliff Matthews of So Car in the middle rounds or Markus White of FSU/Wayne Daniels/TCU in the late rounds as rush linebackers....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i like christian ballard of iowa who i mentioned in august- not a great pass rusher but an upgrade and a potentially outstanding two-gap end....JJ Watt of Wisconsin but i think he'll be gone in the top 20..maybe Cliff Matthews of So Car in the middle rounds or Markus White of FSU/Wayne Daniels/TCU in the late rounds as rush linebackers....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNTwvuZ3jMs

There is a video of Watt, looks pretty good.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    the other guy to watch now that Golden is leaving for miami is mohhamed wilkerson of Temple...

again- not a great pass rusher but would definitely upgrade the front seven...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need a true EDGE RUSHER and that is what we have in Houston. He was the best pass rusher in the freaking SEC as a junior and would be a tremendous upgrade with his speed and athletisism. He has played OLB atleast for a year which is something not a lot of players can say coming out of college.

I dont think anyone complained about Woodley in space or coverage. We have guys who can do a little bit of everything in Pace and Thomas but they scare nobody off the edge. That's what we would get in Houston...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    the other guy to watch now that Golden is leaving for miami is mohhamed wilkerson of Temple...

again- not a great pass rusher but would definitely upgrade the front seven...
    Like Wilkerson...Pretty damn good athlete and he's got great size at 6'5 305...points for being a Linden, NJ native too.

maybe Cliff Matthews of So Car in the middle rounds or Markus White of FSU/
    Fan of both guys...Matthews is underrated as hell...would love either one in the 4-7 range.

Houston is probably in their range but I like both White and Matthews alot better in this D...particularly Matthews.