Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Offensive Stubbornness Is Killing Us

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    242

    Offensive Stubbornness Is Killing Us

    I can see the offensive meetings during the week:

    Schotty: okay Rex, I wanna motion tony richardson to slot, have him sprint back to the FB position for no apparent reason, have an end around at our own 15 yard line to Cotchery who has one bad leg, lose 12 yards....

    Rex: just run it down their throats...

    As sad as this sounds and as much as i love me some rex ryan man crust, i really feel rex's input in the offense is simple "just run the ball, ground and pound baby"

    And i always feel like Schotty just focuses on making his gadget plays and creating new plays, and running the old ones that he likes and thinks are cute...INSTEAD of actually matching up certain players to certain defenders and trying to exploit their D.

    There were only a few times that i clearly saw that this season and when they did it, it worked. (first NE england game, braylon took advantage of a young secondary, Sanchez threw it a lot and even created a couple pass interference calls when he was scoring TDs and 2 pt conversions.) (Vikings game, injured secondary, i forgot who, someone on minn. got hurt late in the game and sanchez went after a rookie cb and took advantage) (buffalo game, a good friend reminded me that we actually played and beat buffalo bad this year lol, same thing matchups, dustin keller and braylon had a great day)

    other than that i cant remember too many times they jets seemed to target the other D's weak points. no they just keep motioning their fbs to the wr slot for NO REASON, make them run all the way back for NO REASON, it doesnt spread out the D, cause no ones scared of a f.uckin FB catching the ball!

    The Jets offense can take a couple f.uckin lessons from the patsies:

    - Why dont we have more routes with Santonio/Braylon lined up on the same side, have em run double slants (one a short 7 yardish pattern and the other a longer and deeper route) while this draws their CBs away from one side, Keller/LT go off to the now empty flank...and if the CBs are in a zone and dont bite, then we have our WRs matched up by LBs...but now we never see plays like that! We get "Braylon run as deep as you can, cause marks kinda shakey with the long throws already, and then when marks under pressure and youre too far to reach for a throw, DONT i repeat Braylon DO NOT run back toward the ball, stand there, waving your arm up like an immigrant coming into ellis island."

    - i dont get our gameplans on offense at all. they either run patterns where both WRs go DEEP, leaving us open to a blitz, or they run up and out 3 yard routes, which are useless, considering the route is directed at the f.uckin sideline most of the time and once caught theres no room for Y.A.C considering the sideline is used be defenses as an EXTRA DEFENDER !

    More crossing patterns instead of 50 yard sprints straight down field are to marks strength, while he has gotten better with the deep throws, theyre low % throws for any QB and crosses mix up coverages more are easier throws to make, and get the TE involved more, cause the LBs now have to account for the WRs. If our WRs just keeping running deep, the CBs and safeties can drop back and handle them, while the LBs can focus on blitzing/picking up keller/and LT on the check down

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,987
    Everything you said is pretty-much right... you're preaching to the choir bro. His offensive game-plan is pretty much terrible most games and he is the most predictable playcaller in the NFL.

    Que the HOMERS...They'll be here any second to come protect their poor little OC (Schitty).

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    29
    I would like it better if Mark just took over play-calling duting. I think he has a much better feel for the game.

    You know, now that I think about it, I bet just about any player on the offense except maybe the lineman have a better feel for it than Schoddy Schitheimer. They know what it takes to move the chains, Schitty just wants to make it all fancy and more complicated than it has to be. These guys have been on winning teams their whole life, just get them the ball and they will make stuff happen.

    Why doesn't someone just speak up?

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    780

    Ryan won't hold his coordinators accoutable.

    Play action might be nice.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    19,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobblingjetster View Post
    Play action might be nice.
    +1, Mark's play action is well above average.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,395
    *UGH* .............Schoddy.................

  7. #7
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    347
    Unfortunately, we're going to have to endure this for some time. Schotty's not getting hired as a HC anywhere and he certainly won't get fired. I guess you can never say never. Someone's trash is always someone else's treasure.
    Last edited by rayzor; 12-12-2010 at 09:25 AM.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    +1, Mark's play action is well above average.
    What kills me is when the jets play action in obvious passing situations. it doesn't fool anyone.

    Schotty feels like he has to fool the defense. sometime you hsve to line-up and execute a run when everyong in stadium knows it going to be a run and the pass when everyone knows it going to be a pass.

    he killing us in red zone. they don't get any rushing tds anymore. He refuses to pass the ball on 1st down in redzone.

    inability to score TD's is never addressed.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,426
    Quote Originally Posted by rayzor View Post
    Unfortunately, we're going to have to endure this for some time. Schotty's not getting hired as a HC anywhere and he certainly won't get fired. I guess you can never say never. Someone's trash is always someone else's treasure.
    Can't imagine any self-respecting GM thinking Schotty and "Treasure" in the same sentence, though....

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by rayzor View Post
    Unfortunately, we're going to have to endure this for some time. Schotty's not getting hired as a HC anywhere and he certainly won't get fired. I guess you can never say never. Someone's trash is always someone else's treasure.
    Hackett had a good year(For him) in 04 and was gone the next year..

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Hackett had a good year(For him) in 04 and was gone the next year..
    Herm brought in Dinger to open up the deep passing game with Chad coming off surgery. The back up plan was Feildler who might have been the only QB in the NFL with an arm as suspect as Chad's. I think Dinger got Chad and Feildler killed in a matter of minutes.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Herm brought in Dinger to open up the deep passing game with Chad coming off surgery. The back up plan was Feildler who might have been the only QB in the NFL with an arm as suspect as Chad's. I think Dinger got Chad and Feildler killed in a matter of minutes.
    That was a "Hum Dinger" of a QB killing plays alright..

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Herm brought in Dinger to open up the deep passing game with Chad coming off surgery. The back up plan was Feildler who might have been the only QB in the NFL with an arm as suspect as Chad's. I think Dinger got Chad and Feildler killed in a matter of minutes.
    Was that the time when Vinny returned...for the millionth time off his couch?

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Senny View Post
    I can see the offensive meetings during the week:

    Schotty: okay Rex, I wanna motion tony richardson to slot, have him sprint back to the FB position for no apparent reason, have an end around at our own 15 yard line to Cotchery who has one bad leg, lose 12 yards....

    Rex: just run it down their throats...

    As sad as this sounds and as much as i love me some rex ryan man crust, i really feel rex's input in the offense is simple "just run the ball, ground and pound baby"

    And i always feel like Schotty just focuses on making his gadget plays and creating new plays, and running the old ones that he likes and thinks are cute...INSTEAD of actually matching up certain players to certain defenders and trying to exploit their D.

    There were only a few times that i clearly saw that this season and when they did it, it worked. (first NE england game, braylon took advantage of a young secondary, Sanchez threw it a lot and even created a couple pass interference calls when he was scoring TDs and 2 pt conversions.) (Vikings game, injured secondary, i forgot who, someone on minn. got hurt late in the game and sanchez went after a rookie cb and took advantage) (buffalo game, a good friend reminded me that we actually played and beat buffalo bad this year lol, same thing matchups, dustin keller and braylon had a great day)

    other than that i cant remember too many times they jets seemed to target the other D's weak points. no they just keep motioning their fbs to the wr slot for NO REASON, make them run all the way back for NO REASON, it doesnt spread out the D, cause no ones scared of a f.uckin FB catching the ball!

    The Jets offense can take a couple f.uckin lessons from the patsies:

    - Why dont we have more routes with Santonio/Braylon lined up on the same side, have em run double slants (one a short 7 yardish pattern and the other a longer and deeper route) while this draws their CBs away from one side, Keller/LT go off to the now empty flank...and if the CBs are in a zone and dont bite, then we have our WRs matched up by LBs...but now we never see plays like that! We get "Braylon run as deep as you can, cause marks kinda shakey with the long throws already, and then when marks under pressure and youre too far to reach for a throw, DONT i repeat Braylon DO NOT run back toward the ball, stand there, waving your arm up like an immigrant coming into ellis island."

    - i dont get our gameplans on offense at all. they either run patterns where both WRs go DEEP, leaving us open to a blitz, or they run up and out 3 yard routes, which are useless, considering the route is directed at the f.uckin sideline most of the time and once caught theres no room for Y.A.C considering the sideline is used be defenses as an EXTRA DEFENDER !

    More crossing patterns instead of 50 yard sprints straight down field are to marks strength, while he has gotten better with the deep throws, theyre low % throws for any QB and crosses mix up coverages more are easier throws to make, and get the TE involved more, cause the LBs now have to account for the WRs. If our WRs just keeping running deep, the CBs and safeties can drop back and handle them, while the LBs can focus on blitzing/picking up keller/and LT on the check down
    C'mon man! You want sh!tty to actually come up with a new and original play. It's not n his 2 inch thick playbook of a$$ that he inherited from daddy dearest. He's so smart in his cutting edge play design that it has become stupid is as stupid does. Here come another test of what this team is. Are we a playoff tam or just he soj team. We all want a super bowl win so bad, but with all the publicity this team used all pre season, we have been distracted by the truth. We are not that good. I believe Ryan feels that if we make the playoffs that we can make another run. He's delusional, he still believes that we have a top notch D. I don't care about rankings and stats, it's about the wins and how his team should play with swagger and intensity, which has not showed up on the field. It shows when you watch the game a second time. No intensity, the other team is flying around everywhere and on every play, where the jets look slow, tired and old and I can't be the only one that's starting to get tired of Ryans mouth. Yeah yeah, he's trying to take the pressure off his players, nut he's not.
    The jets will loose the next 3 games against buffalo 50/50 shot.
    Last edited by srobjets; 12-12-2010 at 11:05 AM.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofNY View Post
    Everything you said is pretty-much right... you're preaching to the choir bro. His offensive game-plan is pretty much terrible most games and he is the most predictable playcaller in the NFL.

    Que the HOMERS...They'll be here any second to come protect their poor little OC (Schitty).
    Notice you we are seeing less and less of this, KONY. Even the delusional and dimwitted eventually have their epiphany.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,972
    Maybe we will catch a break and our stadium will have a cave in. Oh crap that would be like a bye week, that's not good. Oh crap no dome. Sorry I tried.

  17. #17
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    242
    A big major part of this problem I feel is def. Rex. He needs to get involved more...and involved more than "just ground and pound it" without any real specific input.

    I guess we'll see how today and the rest of the season turns out. But as much as Schotty is just nuts/blind, Rex needs just as much blame, hes the head coach. And i know this thread was about the offense specifically, but the D really has A LOT of holes and needs to be revamped (not completely tho)

    We have enough veteran leaders on D, hopefullly we can have a nice draft, maybe get a FA or two, young, athletic, GRINDERS. No more shaun ellis' (i know hes been good for us for a long time but i was never a huge fan really) we need some f.uckin ANIMALS, i dont care where they gotta get em! Undrafted, trade for some underrated guys, draft, get some speed and f.uckin beasts to rush the passer and who can actually put a body on a danny woodhead or a Maurice-Jones Drew (i remember how frustrated i was watching last years Jags game) And obviously our safeties have to be among the worst in the league, honestly. Even with Leonard he def means a lot in terms of communication and brains but he just isnt athletic enough to be in there every down.

    I really feel our nickel/dime problems stem from our lack of pass rush and that we're not really wanting at cb as bad as some ppl think. I remember when the giants won their last super bowl, their secondary was around below average talent wise if you ask me, but they got to the quarterback.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,284
    Our offensive troubles have nothing to do with play calling and haven't since the Baltimore game.

    The issue is execution. Drops killed us against GB.

    Against NE, Sanchez killed us by missing easy throws on third downs in the first half, and then by giving the ball away in the second.

    We have enough talent where we should be able to execute better regardless of the call.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Lima Zulu
    Posts
    6,664
    Watching the Steelers and Ben Rothlisberger. The Packers and Rodgers.
    Bengals and Palmer.

    And they all make in game throwing errors. Now these are NFL Qb's with some experience under their belts.
    So it really made me stop and realize that Mark Sanchez is in the middle of his 2nd year.....SECOND YEAR!! in the NFL and he only played SIXTEEN college games. I mean, thats like an Obama resume. And just like Obama,
    We expect so much out of Mark Sanchez that I think its unfair, really.

    I dont care if Bill Walsh was our Offensive Coordinator, he couldnt teach Sanchez experience no matter what Coach Walsh did. I know its hard being patient as a Jets fan, watching the Bucs, Pats, Saints...etc.. win SB's.
    But we only add to our angst by expecting so much out of Mark so soon.

    Now if this was Mark's FOURTH year with SCHOTTY and this is how our offense still looks, then, id have to demand everyone get fired.
    So lets be realistic and just hope for the best for now.

  20. #20
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    it's not the OC

    it's the QB

    average completion % is 60%

    mark is about 54% he's about 25th to 29th best QB in the league right now depending on what stats you use.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us