Thread: OFFICIAL I wish the Jets drafted Josh Freeman thread!!

OFFICIAL I wish the Jets drafted Josh Freeman thread!!

Freeman is a better QB. Bigger, more mobile, stronger arm, disciplined, and makes big plays just as well as Sanchez. If we had him we would be talking superbowl.

Forgot to say accurate as well.

Freeman is a man compared to Sanchez, who once again looks lost in the NFL.

I was probably the biggest proponent of Freeman on this board.

Dassin and I argued with about 90% of JI who hated Freeman.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace Wright View Post

I liked him because of his name..

It doesn't matter who we drafted, these coaches would have ruined who ever was drafted.

Most Jets fans hated the idea of drafting Freeman because he reminded them of Culpepper...not that it matters, but talk about shallow analysis...sheesh!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    Freeman is a man compared to Sanchez, who once again looks lost in the NFL.
    I must agree with you. I watched him play against the REDSKINS and he was impressive in the cold and rain. GOLDEN BOY will shake, rattle and roll.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    Most Jets fans hated the idea of drafting Freeman because he reminded them of Culpepper...not that it matters, but talk about shallow analysis...sheesh!
    well, this is JI..

Yup, I remember it well.

I was hoping we'd draft Freeman at 17 and trade up to grab Hakeem Nicks (who went at 29)...imagine if we had those two. Sanchez is still dealing with a lot more attention than Freeman is down in Tampa along with warmer weather.

Sanchez also has won 2 playoff games to Freeman's 0. I am happy with Mark and don't agree with the title of this thread.

You guys are nuts. You just don't compare qb's early in their careers. It's pointless, both qb's are nowhere near their potential.

Compare them in their primes, years from now. Even now I'd prefer Sanchez, he's proven he can come from behind, and that he can win in the postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
    You guys are nuts. You just don't compare qb's early in their careers. It's pointless, both qb's are nowhere near their potential.

Compare them in their primes, years from now. Even now I'd prefer Sanchez, he's proven he can come from behind, and that he can win in the postseason.
    You can keep Freeman I will take Sanchez any day of the week. I love that Sanchez was lights out as a rookie in the playoffs yet you guys bash him. Then again you guys love him when he wins games so how much can you trust your opinions?

Guys, hindsight is always 20/20...! Let's just hope Sanchez developes

All Pro
    Okay, guys these threads are just stupid to begin with....

The draft is a crapshoot, and you just don't know.

But that is beside the point. This kid can play QB, put the issue is this: If you are going to draft a California kid who has never played in BAD BAD weather, it is the OC's responsibility to perhaps simplify the playbook for his QB.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post

But that is beside the point. This kid can play QB, put the issue is this: If you are going to draft a California kid who has never played in BAD BAD weather, it is the OC's responsibility to perhaps simplify the playbook for his QB.
    I'm not saying we should have drafted freeman as I was not a huge fan of his but your last sentence makes no sense at all. If the guy is a franchise qb you shouldn't have to simplify anything.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I'm not saying we should have drafted freeman as I was not a huge fan of his but your last sentence makes no sense at all. If the guy is a franchise qb you shouldn't have to simplify anything.
    It does make sense Beers.....it called having a smart Coordinator who knows his players strengths and weaknesses.

If Brady had Schottenheimer as an OC, who knows what happens? Never playing in a game below 50 degrees and then being thrown into New York weather should have singled to Schotty to completely shift his game planning and making it easier for Sanchez and emphasis his strengths. This just has not happened, and one of Sanchez' biggest problems is his inability (so far) to deal with scrutiny...he was great in one year of college, but when he makes mistakes in the pros and costs the Jets games, he does not handle it well, and tries to force things in one of the most complex offenses in the NFL....again, this is Schottenheimer's to deal with, and it doesn't appear to be happening.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    It doesn't matter who we drafted, these coaches would have ruined who ever was drafted.
    This, with a 1 and bunch of zeros trailing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post

Brady is a California kid that sat behind Hensen at Michigan..