Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could Condi Rice beat Obama in 2012?

JetsFan2012

Could Condi Rice beat Obama in 2012?

I was just watching this video (http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=hd6UuzkUSU) and thought to myself, "Here is one of the most intelligent, well-informed, articulate, and fascinating politicians in America right now, and she's a Republican."

I'm not saying she'll run (actually I'm pretty sure she won't), but if she did, do you think she could beat Obama? Why or why not?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    she embarrassed herself during the bush administration.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    How so?

All League
    Here she is on The Daily Show - she's definitely intelligent enough.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...zza-rice-pt--1

Part II is on the sidebar to the right.

But I agree with Bitonti that she played a big role in advocating for invading Iraq. People like that, to me, are on the wrong side of a big eff up. I don't know if the rest of America sees it like that...

But at the same time if she somehow convinced me that she's learned from the experience and now realizes that it was a mistake, I might even vote for her.

All Pro
    I think the better question at this point in time would be who can't beat Obama in 2012.

Rice did an admirable job under Bush. You can't blame her for policy as it was not her decision to make.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    Here she is on The Daily Show - she's definitely intelligent enough.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...zza-rice-pt--1

Part II is on the sidebar to the right.

But I agree with Bitonti that she played a big role in advocating for invading Iraq. People like that, to me, are on the wrong side of a big eff up. I don't know if the rest of America sees it like that...

But at the same time if she somehow convinced me that she's learned from the experience and now realizes that it was a mistake, I might even vote for her.

Yet, on the same side of the eff up were the likes of Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, and Tom Daschle. All supported the cause for going to war in Iraq.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Yet, on the same side of the eff up were the likes of Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, and Tom Daschle. All supported the cause for going to war in Iraq.
    Kerry and Clinton both paid for it - "flip flopper" and washington insider who does whatever is politically expedient at the moment.

But more to the point I'm speaking about their involvement in the process.

Our politics aside - Is it so unreasonable for me to say that Condi Rice had greater involvement and therefore greater responsibility in the US decision/planning/handling of Iraq than either of the then Senators?

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    Kerry and Clinton both paid for it - "flip flopper" and washington insider who does whatever is politically expedient at the moment.

But more to the point I'm speaking about their involvement in the process.

Our politics aside - Is it so unreasonable for me to say that Condi Rice had greater involvement and therefore greater responsibility in the US decision/planning/handling of Iraq than either of the then Senators?
    No, not at all. That's why she still clearly believes in the mission, she was there from the beginning and has a lot of accountability in it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    I think the better question at this point in time would be who can't beat Obama in 2012.
    Sarah Palin.

Get me someone else.

Hall Of Fame
    This is so typical of everyone on the hard left: "all your guys are stupid and suck, and our guys are brilliant and rock". Truth is regarded as something to be destroyed or manipulated to achieve goals.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    This is so typical of everyone on the hard left: "all your guys are stupid and suck, and our guys are brilliant and rock". Truth is regarded as something to be destroyed or manipulated to achieve goals.
    dont have to believe me... run Condi Rice and see what happens.

Hall Of Fame
    dont have to believe me... run Condi Rice and see what happens.
    A "single" "Black Woman" as president. Hmmmmmm that would satisfy a lot of special interest groups or make hypocrits out of them.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Ummm...Quantum? You realize the reverse is true, right?

This is so typical of everyone on the hard right: "all your guys are America haters who kill soldier's puppies, and our guys are patrio-fantastic and cum red, white and blue rainbows".

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Mr. Hankey could beat Obama in 2012. And do a better job running the country thereafter.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    A "single" "Black Woman" as president. Hmmmmmm that would satisfy a lot of special interest groups or make hypocrits out of them.
    there has never been a woman president of any color. It will take someone very special to break that barrier. Condi Rice isn't good enough to get 'er done. What is her resume? Having a Chevron Super tanker named after her?

Hall Of Fame
    there has never been a woman president of any color. It will take someone very special to break that barrier. Condi Rice isn't good enough to get 'er done. What is her resume? Having a Chevron Super tanker named after her?
    Sounds more prestigious than "community organizer."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Guys, haven't we seen the horrible disastrous consequences of electing someone primarily due to their minority status? I mean good God, we're living through the nightmare as we speak. Elect a goddamn leader and make America great again.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Guys, haven't we seen the horrible disastrous consequences of electing someone primarily due to their minority status? I mean good God, we're living through the nightmare as we speak. Elect a goddamn leader and make America great again.
    Chris Christie.

All Pro
    there has never been a woman president of any color.

It will take someone very special to break that barrier.
    So we need a "very special" woman to break the gender barrier...

but it only took took a clearly non-special "organizer" to break the color barrier ??

That seems racist to me.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Chris Christie.
    Are you saying he'd be a strong leader, or that he got in on the fat guy (minority) vote? Or both