Thread: Trading Back

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Trading Back

We need to get younger, faster and more depth on this team...and the best way to do that is to trade out of our #1 pick this year.

First off, we are losing a 2nd (possibly 3rd but not positive yet) for the Cromartie trade, which hurts a lot, considering we need to shore up 3 positions at least this year.

When Balt traded out of the 25th spot last year (around where we will be picking), they got 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks to do that. Probably more then average as McDaniels was overly aggressive, but we can expect a 2nd, 3rd and 7th for a pick in the 20's.

I also think we will wind up with a compensatory 3rd round pick for either one of the WRs or Cro being signed by another team. Id love to get more then that by using the franchise tag and trading one of them, but I thats probably wishful thinking.

If we can end up with a 2nd round pick, 2 3rds and 2 4ths...in a draft that is deep with Defensive lineman I think we can start to address some of the speed/age issues with our front 7 and safety.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    We need to get younger, faster and more depth on this team...and the best way to do that is to trade out of our #1 pick this year.

First off, we are losing a 2nd (possibly 3rd but not positive yet) for the Cromartie trade, which hurts a lot, considering we need to shore up 3 positions at least this year.

When Balt traded out of the 25th spot last year (around where we will be picking), they got 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks to do that. Probably more then average as McDaniels was overly aggressive, but we can expect a 2nd, 3rd and 7th for a pick in the 20's.

I also think we will wind up with a compensatory 3rd round pick for either one of the WRs or Cro being signed by another team. Id love to get more then that by using the franchise tag and trading one of them, but I thats probably wishful thinking.

If we can end up with a 2nd round pick, 2 3rds and 2 4ths...in a draft that is deep with Defensive lineman I think we can start to address some of the speed/age issues with our front 7 and safety.
    I don't think the Jets would receive the comp pick until 2012 draft if that were to happen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    neither Edwards or Holmes is going to sign for 6.5 mill a year which has been the value associated with a 3rd rd comp.

I sincerely doubt Cro gets 6.5 or better either .