Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you fix the offense in the offseason?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    only a fool is going to throw the towel in on Sanchez at this point because a second year quaterback is hitting bumps in the road...the horror

1- the Jets need a true thrid down back and use hims correctly...a leon washington type of player but use him on toss sweeps, quick screens, etc...

2- the Jets need to play to the strength of thier offensive line- straight ahead, between the tackles blocking is not their strength...get mangold, ferguson, moore even woody out in space and block on the move...

3- get sanchez the fuq out of the pocket- he's short, has to many passes batted away and i think he has trouble seeing the field....it should be 40%/60% roll out and throw/pass in the pocket for him...

4- get some disciplined pass catchers, guys who work to come free and catch the ball-not guys who stand around waiting for the ball to get to them...

5- the culmination of this is to move the ball outside the numbers- almost an east/west type of offense to take advantage of the athleticism which eventually sets up the north/south, vertical offense..
    Dude wtf...awesome post.

I'm beginning to think Greene is pretty overrated and is clearly one-dimensional
    That he is. If he's having a good game he's bound to get injured. You know who might be a FA that would work really well here? Jackson from St. Louis...only problem is he'd cost a penny or two. That's pretty lame I know, but St. Louis might be looking to go in another direction, and top FA RBs hit FA more often than other positions. OTOH a top RB would give Sanchez a consistently strong run presence for for 4-5 seasons...just an idea.

I also like McKnight's skillset to possibly be that Leon-esque guy. He's been all over the field on STs in recent weeks. That's usually a good thing. Maybe he shows up sometime.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 12-20-2010 at 04:27 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we have to get a second tight end who can catch a pass. Mulligan and Hartsock make us extremely predictable.

Braylon had a monster game yesterday. If we could only see such efforts and determination every week. The short drops definitely helped Sanchez but also the receivers who were allowed to run shorter routes...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    I think we have to get a second tight end who can catch a pass. Mulligan and Hartsock make us extremely predictable.

Braylon had a monster game yesterday. If we could only see such efforts and determination every week. The short drops definitely helped Sanchez but also the receivers who were allowed to run shorter routes...
    I like the other TE idea...I'd like to look Fasano from the 'Phins or Ben Patrick from Arizona this offseason....someone who can block and still has real athleticism as a receiver.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    You need the right representation
    You're an agent/lawyer, Maury?