Thread: Von Miller

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Von Miller

Is he the pass rusher we are looking for? Now there are knocks on him and he is pretty much on the small side. He surely would need to put on a few pounds but hell, you can say that about a bunch of college kids. He was injured at the beginning of the year which clearly hurt his stock but he has definitely come around lately.

There are quite a few positives regarding him as a prospect... speed and athletisism look good and he has experience standing up in a 3-4 scheme since the Aggies changed their defense this season. You can also not knock his production.

Thoughts?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy we want is Ryan Kerrigan....can play 3-4 OLB or put his hand on the ground and play as a rush DE in a hybrid scheme. Great pass rusher, but also someone who hustles and is a hard worker, so the risk of another Gholston is much lower.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    unlikely to get out of the top 18...as far as kerrigan- i compare him to brandon graham; a player everyone looked at for the Jets but a prospect who'll be best as a 4-3 DE....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    here's a middle (3rd/4th) round name to remember that would be a good addition- Brooks Reed/Arizona....drawing comparisons to clay matthews...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    another mid/late round guy Chris Carter, Fresno state. he's a sack master

http://www.gobulldogs.com/sports/m-f...r_chris00.html

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    here's a middle (3rd/4th) round name to remember that would be a good addition- Brooks Reed/Arizona....drawing comparisons to clay matthews...
    Not a bad one...seems more Lamarr Woodley than Clay Matthews...doesn't matter that just means he looks like a good player. Workouts will determine what happens with him.

I still like the guys you mentioned last time...Cliff Matthews and Markus White...White's not as hyped as Everette Brown but he might be bigger and have as much or more upside...Matthews is a solid talent who's proven himself in the SEC.

I like Kerrigan at OLB...I think he can be a Calvin Pace type once he's got some NFL strength training in him...he'll go before the Jets pick anyway...
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 12-15-2010 at 06:31 PM.