Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: Thank G-d for the......??.....

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thank G-d for the......??.....

    Knicks?

    Tonight's Celtic game was awesome and it helped take my mind off of the Jets 2 game losing streak.


    Stoudemire is Superman. Too bad the last shot did not count...

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,356
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Rangers have been playing really well lately. They beat Pittsburgh tonight on the road with four late goals.

    A NY team with an upset win in Pittsburgh - hmmm...

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,981
    Post Thanks / Like
    I usually prefer hockey to B-Ball, but tonights Knick game was really a great exciting game, couldn't turn it off. Did see Rangers win too, Callahan broke his hand..

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Knicks?

    Tonight's Celtic game was awesome and it helped take my mind off of the Jets 2 game losing streak.


    Stoudemire is Superman. Too bad the last shot did not count...
    It was an unbelievable game. But of course, despite owning the lead for about 46 minutes, they had to give it away in the final seconds.

    I've followed the Knicks and Jets passionately for about the same amount of time - 25 years. Sometimes I wonder why I watch sports.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    It was an unbelievable game. But of course, despite owning the lead for about 46 minutes, they had to give it away in the final seconds.

    I've followed the Knicks and Jets passionately for about the same amount of time - 25 years. Sometimes I wonder why I watch sports.
    despite the tough loss you have to admit it was great to care about a Knicks game again... I used to watch a minimum of 75 games a season back in the late 80's thru the late 90's, dropped off significantly when Layden showed up, then Isiah all but destroyed my fandom.

    I haven't been this excited about the Knicks and the NBA since 1999 -- hell I can't remember the last time I was even bothered by a loss.

    They've proven they're a team to be reckoned with and I'm back to following them on a game by game basis. If they're able to land Carmello I might be back to my die-hard ways.
    Last edited by Pac2566; 12-15-2010 at 11:46 PM.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,549
    Post Thanks / Like
    The ball went through the hoop with .8 seconds left. Amare's 3 should have counted. The Knicks are good but they need some more depth before they become elite. They can win 50 games but they need to beat some of these elite teams.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566 View Post
    despite the though loss you have to admit it was great to care about a Knicks game again... I used to watch a minimum of 75 games a season back in the late 80's thru the late 90's, dropped off significantly when Layden showed up, then Isiah all but destroyed my fandom.

    I haven't been this excited about the Knicks and the NBA since 1999 -- hell I can't remember the last time I was eveb bothered by a loss.

    They've proven their a team to be reckoned with and I'm back to following them on a game by game basis. If they're able to land Carmello I might be back to my die-hard ways.
    All true. I grew up with the Ewing/Jackson/Wilkins/Oakley teams, and this is definitely the best they've looked since then. The Garden will be alive again if they can pull off the Melo heist.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great game but we were robbed by the refs. 1 FT the entire 4th quarter while Boston willingly hacked away at us was complete crap.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,273
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    Great game but we were robbed by the refs. 1 FT the entire 4th quarter while Boston willingly hacked away at us was complete crap.
    Lol...you should have heard Tommy Heinson call the game here.....

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Groton
    Posts
    2,842
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GronkWelkhead View Post
    Lol...you should have heard Tommy Heinson call the game here.....
    To put it in a perspective that Jets fans will understand: He's a bigger crybaby than Brady, so that's not saying much.

    Edit: It's gonna be fun when Carmelo inevitably comes as well. Should be some good years ahead in the Eastern Conference with the Celtics/Heat/Knicks/Bulls/Magic
    Last edited by rep; 12-15-2010 at 11:46 PM.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    All true. I grew up with the Ewing/Jackson/Wilkins/Oakley teams, and this is definitely the best they've looked since then. The Garden will be alive again if they can pull off the Melo heist.
    The fact that they're winning is really making it hard on Denver. Without a sense of urgency from the Knicks there's much less of a chance they'll allow Denver to gut their team.

    To be honest I'm not sure how thrilled I'd be if a trade included both Gallo and Fields. Hopefully sometime early in the new year Denver will concede the jig is up and accept a package like Gallo, Chandler, and that waste of space Curry's expiring contract. It's better than nothing and Melo has all but said I'm playing for the Knicks whether you like it or not.

    Good times are upon us.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GronkWelkhead View Post
    Lol...you should have heard Tommy Heinson call the game here.....
    Tommy Heinson is a fat blowhard.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,984
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post
    The ball went through the hoop with .8 seconds left. Amare's 3 should have counted. The Knicks are good but they need some more depth before they become elite. They can win 50 games but they need to beat some of these elite teams.
    It is nice to watch a Knicks game and know we actually have a chance to beat good teams now, Amare's a beast!

    Not to mention Amare's drive through the lane and shot with 20 seconds left. He was blatently fouled with no call. Amare and D'Antone were pissed and the announcers even mentioned that he was fouled. I couldn't believe it until I remembered we were playing the Celtics. NBA refs become the 6th player for Boston and the Lakers in the 4th quarter. Hopefully we can join that list soon...If we can just land Melo we will be golden.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,273
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566 View Post
    Tommy Heinson is a fat blowhard.
    You don't know Jack.

    He may be a homer to the Nth degree, but he was one of the Celtic greats. He played with the likes of Bill Russell and Bob Cousy and Sam Jones. He was NBA ROY. He was a 6 time all-star. He has 8 rings as a player and 2 as a Head Coach. He accumulated a career coaching record of 427263.

    He's a fat blowhard? You want to compare yourlife stats when you hit 76?

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GronkWelkhead View Post
    You don't know Jack.

    He may be a homer to the Nth degree, but he was one of the Celtic greats. He played with the likes of Bill Russell and Bob Cousy and Sam Jones. He was NBA ROY. He was a 6 time all-star. He has 8 rings as a player and 2 as a Head Coach. He accumulated a career coaching record of 427263.

    He's a fat blowhard? You want to compare yourlife stats when you hit 76?
    Charles Barkley was also an all time NBA great... doesn't mean he's not a fat blowhard.

    Not sure what "stats" I'm supposed to compare with Tommy since I didn't play in the NBA. You talking about # of chicks I've banged? Well he probably has me by a couple but I have 40 years to catch up.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you guys really want Melo? There's only one ball, as they've discovered in Miami.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Do you guys really want Melo? There's only one ball, as they've discovered in Miami.
    By winning ten games in a row?

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    By winning ten games in a row?
    I thought they were gonna break records. There's more than a few L's last time I checked. But let's forget the underachievers. The Knicks are a pleasant surprise, even for a Nets fan. I'm not sure Melo will take them another step.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    I thought they were gonna break records. There's more than a few L's last time I checked. But let's forget the underachievers. The Knicks are a pleasant surprise, even for a Nets fan. I'm not sure Melo will take them another step.
    They are developing chemistry and Lebron/Wade seemed to have figured it out. They are scary.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    They are developing chemistry and Lebron/Wade seemed to have figured it out. They are scary.
    7-5 on the road is not scary, but I'm not interested in them at all. The Knicks have really surprised everyone.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us