Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 69

Thread: GOOD-BYE REX?

  1. #1

    GOOD-BYE REX?

    With all the troubles Edward's DUI, female sportscaster gate, Sal Alosi wall gate, and now the Jets looking like the SOJ with the real possibility of losing the next three games, making it five losses in a row is Rex a goner after the season or will he get another year?
    Let's face it these Jets are not a tuff team at all. They play scared on offense. No fire and they lack HEART. I like Rex and I've been sticking up for him because I thought this team would take no prisioners win or lose. They have no HEART! Rex, I don't think you will be able to stop the bleeding on the offensive side of the ball by the Steeler game or in the next three weeks. It's too late to change the offensive play book and no heart surgeon can give a team HEART! I'm still rooting for you to mature into a great head coach but you may be running out of time. This is what usually happens to all players coaches. The players take advantage of them and get them fired!

  2. #2
    Rex is not going anywhere. Please stop. This is just silly. They can lose all 3 games, he's still not going anywhere.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    With all the troubles Edward's DUI, female sportscaster gate, Sal Alosi wall gate, and now the Jets looking like the SOJ with the real possibility of losing the next three games, making it five losses in a row is Rex a goner after the season or will he get another year?
    Let's face it these Jets are not a tuff team at all. They play scared on offense. No fire and they lack HEART. I like Rex and I've been sticking up for him because I thought this team would take no prisioners win or lose. They have no HEART! Rex, I don't think you will be able to stop the bleeding on the offensive side of the ball by the Steeler game or in the next three weeks. It's too late to change the offensive play book and no heart surgeon can give a team HEART! I'm still rooting for you to mature into a great head coach but you may be running out of time. This is what usually happens to all players coaches. The players take advantage of them and get them fired!
    Please stop typing for a second, look up from the computer, and slap yourself....

    He went to the AFC championship with a rookie qb, and has at minimum 9 wins with that same 2nd year QB. He isnt getting fired and doesnt deserve too.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    With all the troubles Edward's DUI, female sportscaster gate, Sal Alosi wall gate, and now the Jets looking like the SOJ with the real possibility of losing the next three games, making it five losses in a row is Rex a goner after the season or will he get another year?
    Let's face it these Jets are not a tuff team at all. They play scared on offense. No fire and they lack HEART. I like Rex and I've been sticking up for him because I thought this team would take no prisioners win or lose. They have no HEART! Rex, I don't think you will be able to stop the bleeding on the offensive side of the ball by the Steeler game or in the next three weeks. It's too late to change the offensive play book and no heart surgeon can give a team HEART! I'm still rooting for you to mature into a great head coach but you may be running out of time. This is what usually happens to all players coaches. The players take advantage of them and get them fired!
    After two winning seasons out of two, any coach should be fired for that level of inconsistency.

    Seriously.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Posts
    4,455
    the only way rex is getting fired is if he beats the hell out of tanny and eats woody...lol.

    rex isnt a bad coach. he just needs to get a new OC to help that awful offense you have seen over the past few games.

  6. #6
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,282
    IBTD

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,412
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Rex is not going anywhere. Please stop. This is just silly. They can lose all 3 games, he's still not going anywhere.
    This

  8. #8
    I like Rex Ryan. He is funny and the players like him. He won't be fired regardless of what happens these last three weeks. Having said that, I am uncomfortable with him being our leader/head coach going into next season.

    There is something to be said about a man who just does his job without all the god damn hooplah on the side.

    Why must he say he expects us in the superbowl every chance he gets? We get it Rex, but everyone wants/expects to be in the superbowl. Talking about it to the media accomplishes nothing.

    Why do we have to put all of this pressure on Mark Sanchez? We changed the identity of our team that got us to the AFCCG just last season from a smashmouth offense/defense. This is what got us where we wanted...why **** with what was working so well?

    I am not a SOJF so I dont want to hear that from any of you, but I don't see things ending well at all this season and quite honestly, I don't see them going well next year. What is the identity of this team?

    We lost it somehow. It starts with Rex and all of the distractions he creates by talking instead of doing.



    Nothing is over until it is over though. If the Jets can grab momentum before the playoffs, this team can still get it done.
    Last edited by PennyandtheJets; 12-16-2010 at 03:16 PM.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,798
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBensAngel7 View Post
    the only way rex is getting fired is if he beats the hell out of tanny and eats woody...lol.

    rex isnt a bad coach. he just needs to get a new OC to help that awful offense you have seen over the past few games.
    The troublke is when the heck is REX going to recognize that he needsa a new OC? he constantly praises Schotty! REX is responsible foe the whole team. Its time he acted like a headcoach and not a head case.

  10. #10
    GOOD-BYE SQUIRT.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by PennyandtheJets View Post
    I like Rex Ryan. He is funny and the players like him. He won't be fired regardless of what happens these last three weeks. Having said that, I am uncomfortable with him being our leader/head coach going into next season.

    There is something to be said about a man who just does his job without all the god damn hooplah on the side.

    Why must he say he expects us in the superbowl every chance he gets? We get it Rex, but everyone wants/expects to be in the superbowl. Talking about it to the media accomplishes nothing.

    Why do we have to put all of this pressure on Mark Sanchez? We changed the identity of our team that got us to the AFCCG just last season from a smashmouth offense/defense. This is what got us where we wanted...why **** with what was working so well?

    I am not a SOJF so I dont want to hear that from any of you, but I don't see things ending well at all this season and quite honestly, I don't see them going well next year. What is the identity of this team?

    We lost it somehow. It starts with Rex and all of the distractions he creates by talking instead of doing.
    Rex talked last year...

    And he did last year.


    I don't get why some of you guys care at all what he's saying. Personally I don't. But at least I'm smart enough to see what Rex is doing. He's just trying to get the players to buy in.

    I really don't get why some of you want a Belichick or someone else who says nothing.

    For me, it's all about success and wins. So far Rex is coming through on that. Dunno why some people try to complicate matters.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Gotta love Jet fans.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Posts
    4,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    The troublke is when the heck is REX going to recognize that he needsa a new OC? he constantly praises Schotty! REX is responsible foe the whole team. Its time he acted like a headcoach and not a head case.
    i totally understand the frustration with OC. i mean hell, the steelers OC was on his way out the door until Ben whined to Tomlin to keep him.. and we are stuck with him again.

    i agree rex is responsible for the whole team, with that being said shouldnt rex be punished regarding the trip of the dolphin player? i mean he is responsible right.

    i am sure if rex stopped his talking the fans would be like, he is boring and just like every coach in the NFL. i find him quite funny and amusing.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBensAngel7 View Post
    the only way rex is getting fired is if he beats the hell out of tanny and eats woody...lol.

    rex isnt a bad coach. he just needs to get a new OC to help that awful offense you have seen over the past few games.
    AMEN!!!

  15. #15
    Lets see what happens this weekend..........

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Posts
    4,455
    honestly going into the season knowing we had to play you guys, i was worried. but with the way your offense is playing now and the way the steelers defense is playing, i am not as worried.

    instead of good-bye rex, what about good bye shotty. i think he is hindering sanchez's development.(did i just say that???)

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBensAngel7 View Post
    honestly going into the season knowing we had to play you guys, i was worried. but with the way your offense is playing now and the way the steelers defense is playing, i am not as worried.

    instead of good-bye rex, what about good bye shotty. i think he is hindering sanchez's development.(did i just say that???)
    This debate goes round-and-round.

    Schotty's Offensive Rankings for his career:

    2010 -- 12th in ypg, 14th in ppg
    2009 -- 20th in ypg, 17th in ppg
    2008 -- 16th in ypg, 9th in ppg
    2007 -- 26th in ypg, 25th in ppg
    2006 -- 25th in ypg, 18th in ppg

    Schotty's Offense Passing Yard Ranking:

    2010 -- 21st
    2009 -- 31st
    2008 -- 16th
    2007 -- 25th
    2006 -- 17th

    Every year the Jets QB has had a TD:INT ratio of 1:1 or worse, and that was with QBs such as Chad and Favre who a year after leaving the Jets dramatically improved their TD:INT ratio.

    In 5 yrs on the job running the same system, the best Schotty's offense can do is be 12th in total offense (2010) and 9th in points and 16th in passing (2008).

    Schotty has a track record of mediocrity. If anything, Sanchez being the "issue" is providing standard production under a Schotty designed offense.

    In other words, Sanchez at the helm is not performing outside the norm of what a Schotty QB should do.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    With all the troubles
    Troubles, or media whorage?

    Edward's DUI
    Did Rex pour it down his throat? Irresposible athletes are what they are, thtas not their Coaches fault.

    female sportscaster gate
    Overblown nothing gate you mean? This, of all those you list, is the biggest non-story. Nothing bad actually happened.

    Sal Alosi wall gate
    Sure looks bad, but while iw anted Sal fired fro the trip, the "wall" is not illegal, and it's pretty obvious most teams do somethign similar.

    the Jets looking like the SOJ with the real possibility of losing the next three games, making it five losses in a row
    A. We're not losing vs. Buffalo.

    B. Can you tell me the last jets Coach to win 9 or more games in his first two years as Coach, make two playoff appearances, and at least one AFC Championship Game appearance? Right, Rex is it.

    is Rex a goner after the season or will he get another year?
    There is zero chance Rex is a "goner".

    We have problems on O, problems many fans and some of those same media whores you pay so much attention to, think starts with our O-Co and ends with our greehorn warm-weather QB beign what he is, a sophomore, and an young one at that.

    If the thread were "does Shotty move on" then you might have had something.

    Rex isn't going anywhere, he will be the coach in 2011, and this is coming from the biggest cynic and doubter on JI.

  19. #19
    A) He's not going anywhere.
    B) Most of these 'scandals' are way way over the top overblown, things that would be a one days worth of news if it wasn't the Jets.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Despite the fact that he has a horrific OC running the offense, Rex has this team at 9-4. The defense, with its lack of true playmaking ability, is still one of the league's better units.

    Plus he's coming off a season where we were 30 minutes away from the Super Bowl. All the other crap is side talk. Wins are what count, and sloppy play or not, he's producing them.

    He isn't getting fired, nor does he deserve to be.

    A new OC and a playmaker or two on defense, and this team is a contender.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us