Thread: The 111th Congress...$1.1 TRILLION Omnibus

All League

The 111th Congress...$1.1 TRILLION Omnibus

spending bill- Let me get this straight...Reid & Pelosi tried to quietly push this earmark laden piece of trash by us in the week before Christmas, & they were arrogant enough to think they'd get away with it? I am so proud of our electorate for bashing the Dems over the head in November- Let's hope the Republicans don't lose their way like they did the last time they were in control.

FISCAL RESTRAINT! Cut taxes AND spending..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    spending bill- Let me get this straight...Reid & Pelosi tried to quietly push this earmark laden piece of trash by us in the week before Christmas, & they were arrogant enough to think they'd get away with it? I am so proud of our electorate for bashing the Dems over the head in November- Let's hope the Republicans don't lose their way like they did the last time they were in control.

FISCAL RESTRAINT! Cut taxes AND spending..
    Before you pound your chest...please recognize that the 2 largest "Earmarkers" were republicans.

Even here in NC, Senator Richard Burr was on EVERY radio station bashing the bill but even he had $40 mil in earmarks. While $40 mil is small....it was for defense type expenditures and was "presumed" to be a pay back for the defense lobby for support he received.

They all suck.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 12-18-2010 at 12:26 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    They all suck.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Before you pound your chest...please recognize that the 2 largest "Earmarkers" were republicans.
    You might as well have made that part of your post with white text...Tucker won't see it, won't read it and certainly would never acknowledge it. He's a fanboy.