Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Obama compramise!!

Banned

Thoughts on Obama compramise!!

President Obama is very secure in his own skin.

Think about it. He brought out another president to bolster support for the tax cut compromise. If it was all about his ego, which he was accused during the campaign, he would have taken to an all out fight with the republicans all by himself.

But what he did, he did for the working poor and people who lost their job throuhg no fault of their own. I think it shows great character to make the best deal possible under the circumstances. The republicans won enough seats in the house and senate to be real trouble for the next two years.....so take the deal now.

One point that was lost on most who watched is President Obama telling everyone in the room that in two years hard decisions need to be made. I doubt the republicans will be up to it, as the teabaggers will have their necks for it. I still believe what Mitch McConnell said, in wanting to make Barack Obama a one term president.....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Cool story bro.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post

Think about it. He brought out another president to bolster support for the tax cut compromise. If it was all about his ego, which he was accused during the campaign, he would have taken to an all out fight with the republicans all by himself.

But what he did, he did for the working poor and people who lost their job throuhg no fault of their own. I think it shows great character to make the best deal possible under the circumstances. The republicans won enough seats in the house and senate to be real trouble for the next two years.....so take the deal now.

One point that was lost on most who watched is President Obama telling everyone in the room that in two years hard decisions need to be made. I doubt the republicans will be up to it, as the teabaggers will have their necks for it. I still believe what Mitch McConnell said, in wanting to make Barack Obama a one term president.....
    Nocturnal fantasy?

Hall Of Fame

Yeah I am sure their lives will be changed for the better through
    government entitlements. I just finished reading a book on success and how all those who got ahead did so through 2 years of unemployment benefits.

Perhaps he will provide them with free housing now. Oh wait...they did that already.

Hall Of Fame
    This is the best 3rd grade current events report I've ever read.

Hall Of Fame

I agree. The man was smart enough to agree to tax cuts.

But as you can see from the above posts...none of that matters at all. The man is a scary muslim sleeper agent who hates America, rich people and wants to devour America and eat it in the name of false gods and defile all the white women.

Republicans are like premenstrual women. No matter what you do...all they do is b*tch b*tch b*tch, nag nag nag, complain complain complain.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    I agree. The man was smart enough to agree to tax cuts.

But as you can see from the above posts...none of that matters at all. The man is a scary muslim sleeper agent who hates America, rich people and wants to devour America and eat it in the name of false gods and defile all the farm animals

Republicans are like premenstrual women. No matter what you do...all they do is b*tch b*tch b*tch, nag nag nag, complain complain complain.
    Have you seen the missus?
    Last edited by acepepe; 12-19-2010 at 03:27 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    This is the best 3rd grade current events report I've ever read.
    third graders don't make as many spelling errors....

JetsFan2012

LOL, now that is quality spin. Giving Clinton the podium and saying, "Gotta go, my wife is waiting to go to a Christmas party" was one of the most amateur P.R. moves I've seen him make yet. His administration has been doing a terrible job of framing the discussion and packaging information, and he continues to foul up more and more in that regard.

I would have respected him more if he took the fight to the Republicans. He's the POTUS for chrissakes, he has every right to wield his executive power. He just continues to look weak.

Banned
    Ugh! I'm so sick of hearing Americans blame Obama for not waving his magic wand and completely making all US problems disappear into thin air. Granted, he's not as tough as you (and the rest of the world) thought he would be but did you all really expect him to clear up the **** mess in a year? McCain would have been walking into the same situation that Obama is facing right now so what the hell makes you all think he would have done any better in the same amount of time? Republicans.......Conservati ves. They're all crooks.

It's going to take time to clean up that mess America is in. He's got two more years in office so give the guy a break. If you're still dissatisfied by then, vote the guy out.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Ugh! I'm so sick of hearing Americans blame Obama for not waving his magic wand and completely making all US problems disappear into thin air. Granted, he's not as tough as you (and the rest of the world) thought he would be but did you all really expect him to clear up the **** mess in a year? McCain would have been walking into the same situation that Obama is facing right now so what the hell makes you all think he would have done any better in the same amount of time? Republicans.......Conservati ves. They're all crooks.

It's going to take time to clean up that mess America is in. He's got two more years in office so give the guy a break. If you're still dissatisfied by then, vote the guy out.
    don't worry- the clean-up of the mess made by rats since 2006 which obama made worse the past two years begins in two weeks when the "teabaggers" take over congress and state houses....

as far as conservatives being crooks- charlie rangel, who won re-election with 84% of the vote, agrees...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    don't worry- the clean-up of the mess made by rats since 2006 which obama made worse the past two years begins in two weeks when the "teabaggers" take over congress and state houses....

as far as conservatives being crooks- charlie rangel, who won re-election with 84% of the vote, agrees...
    There not going to fix anything without strong Presidential leadership. They are just as locked into special interest tax deals as the Democrats.

Lets see them put a tax reform package together that gets rid of all deductions and subsidies. Bet they don't do it.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    There not going to fix anything without strong Presidential leadership. They are just as locked into special interest tax deals as the Democrats.

Lets see them put a tax reform package together that gets rid of all deductions and subsidies. Bet they don't do it.
    they control the check book....i bet they shut down the gov't in February rather than agree to some horrendous raising of the debt limit once again....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    say what you want about Obama, he's gotten alot of legislation passed in 2 years.

time will tell if it makes this country better... but at least he's trying.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    say what you want about Obama, he's gotten alot of legislation passed in 2 years.

Measure effort...not results.

You work at the post office?

JetsInsider.com Legend

You seem to assume that "passing legislation" is automatically a good thing.

Have you considered that no action could, to many, be considered a better choice than taking a poor or misguided action?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Have you considered that no action could, to many, be considered a better choice than taking a poor or misguided action?
    Yes that is true. Not invading Iraq would have been better than Invading Iraq. Unfortunately all Presidents take action, they don't just sit there. Will healthcare be Obama's Iraq, time will tell... but some of these actions like repealing DADT and establishing credit card bill of rights are no brainers.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Unfortunately all Presidents (and Congresses) take action, they don't just sit there.
    Perhaps this is our problem.

That we the electorate expect too much "action" from those we elect, action often taken without reading or understanding the ramifications and effects of the actions being taken, action being taken reportedly without the action-takers having even read what they are voting on, much less having a basic understanding of what it does and means.

I find action, by elected officials, vastly over-rated. It implies we the people require them to solve all our problems, requires them to take action because we the people are apparently incappable of doing so, and requires them to take action so we the people can shift the burden of responsabillity from ourselves and our actions to them.

Yes, I could do with alot less action tbh.

All League
    Yes that is true. Not invading Iraq would have been better than Invading Iraq. Unfortunately all Presidents take action, they don't just sit there. Will healthcare be Obama's Iraq, time will tell... but some of these actions like repealing DADT and establishing credit card bill of rights are no brainers.
    How are those bath houses you visit?

You will eat your words after it's implemented, and mark my words. What we WILL have is the most flagrant gays in the showers with straight 18 and 19 year old kids destroying morale.
    I have NO problem with them serving, the problem is openly. Segregate them if they want to be openly gay in the military.
    Would you like to take a shower with gay men?