Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: ****Official New York Jets @ Pittsburgh Steelers Gameday Thread****

All League

****Official New York Jets @ Pittsburgh Steelers Gameday Thread****

[CENTER][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]NEW YORK JETS (9-4)[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]versus[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Black"]PITTSBURGH STEELERS (10-3)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[IMG]http://www.logoserver.com/football/NewYorkJetsNFL.GIF[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.logoserver.com/football/PbghSteelers66.GIF[/IMG]

[SIZE="4"]4:15 PM
    Heinz Field - Pittsburgh, PA
    CBS
    [/SIZE][/CENTER]

So here we are, late in December, in an almost-must-win game. Not from a standings standpoint but from a morale standpoint. After a 9-2 start, the Jets have slipped to 9-4, in hideous fashion. The Jets have not scored a touchdown since the month of November. It doesn't get any easier today. New York travels into the always difficult Heinz Field to face the Pittsburgh Steelers. Facing an elite defense, Mark Sanchez and Brian Schottenheimer must figure out a way to right the ship on offense. Defensively, the Jets must continue to build on the momentum they had last week when they harassed the Dolphins offense the whole day. Look for a tough, low-scoring defensive struggle that will be winnable in the fourth quarter.
    Last edited by MCBNY; 12-19-2010 at 01:33 PM.

Come on Jets, get your head out of your ass!

All League
    [QUOTE=Johnny Bravo;3869552]Come on [B]Sh*tty[/B], get your head out of your ass![/QUOTE]

Fixed.

[SIZE="1"]Go Jets[/SIZE]

99.9% Jets aren't winning this game. Sad that the Jets were once 9-2.

Lets go Jetssss

Going out to a sports bar to watch this one.I'm assuming I will eat more wings than the Jets will score points

[QUOTE=IHATEDOLPHINS;3869578]Going out to a sports bar to watch this one.I'm assuming I will eat more wings than the Jets will score points[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing last week, except it was shots

This board needs a win like whoa, but its not coming today friends. I hope I am wrong

Some things on twitter from Michael Smith...

MrMichael_Smith

[QUOTE]As I mentioned on Countdown, Sanchez very at ease when I saw him last night. Said a convo with Brunell helped him put things in perspective.

Brunell told him not to try to hard, take care of the football, don't be afraid to take off and run. Sanchez said he watched Brees and Brady
    have success against Steelers getting rid of ball quickly into hands of playmakers. Said Jets had been throwing +15 passes too much lately

Santonio Holmes was locked in when I saw him. Said he isn't here to be friends. Said he's thinking of doing his first-down drop in direction of Steelers bench or while staring at Mike Tomlin. He really had a focused edge, if you will, to him last night.

[B]Rex installed a special play this week designed to send a message to the Steelers.[/B]

Bart Scott talked last night about veterans needing to step up their play around Sanchez. Said defense needs to play with more enthusiasm

Scott said nobody's panicking but sense of urgency is there because guys realize (or need to realize) this group unlikely to stay together.

Jets will try to use passing game as extension of running game. Spread Steelers out, try to exploit matchups against Steelers linebackers.[/QUOTE]

Interesting...wonder what that might be.
    Last edited by MDL_JET; 12-19-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Next home game the whole crowd should chant SCHOTTY SUCKS! SCHOTTY SUCKS! all day

Jets Insider VIP
    [B][I][SIZE="7"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]J-E-T-S!

JETS!

JETS!!

JETS!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B]

Practice Squad
    How's Schotty gonna start this game you think?

Coming out throwing? Comin out running?

I usually like to run first, but Polamalu out and their season needing a jump start, I'd say go ahead and pass early. Throw it to Keller, and to Greene. Start Greene. Keep LT for 3rd downs.

[QUOTE=MDL_JET;3869691]Some things on twitter from Michael Smith...

MrMichael_Smith

Interesting...wonder what that might be.[/QUOTE]

We punt on 3rd down instead of waiting until 4th down because we know Schotty is worthless.

Jets Insider VIP
    [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="7"][I]J!

E!

T!

S!

JETS! JETS! JETS!!![/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Veteran
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3869691]Some things on twitter from Michael Smith...

MrMichael_Smith

Interesting...wonder what that might be.[/QUOTE]

one innactive will talk to schotty as a distraction as pouha and devito jump him and tie him to the goal post

Banned

15 minutes until I spend another Sunday pissed off....

Schitthead's going to f*ck my day up. I know it.

dolphins lose .. that is allways good to say.

I hate my life :(

[QUOTE=JetFuel;3869732]dolphins lose .. that is allways good to say.[/QUOTE]

which makes our loss last week even more miserable