Thread: Why doesn't anybody ever give David Garrard any credit?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Why doesn't anybody ever give David Garrard any credit?

This guy has been on the chopping block in Jacksonville for the past two seasons. He probably could have been had for 3rd or 4th round pick last year, and the previous year.

Never understood why the Jets/and other NFL teams never got in on this guy.

On a different note, most people don't realize what an incredible story he is.

The guy suffers from Crohn's Disease, which unfortunately runs in my family. He truly is a great role model for kids who suffer with Crohns/Colitis.

I personally, think his story is a much better tale of redemption than Michael Vick's, but that sure won't get anybody's attention...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do you figure suffering from Crohn's a "tale of redemption?" To the dump with this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is extreemely streaky. Looks like a world beater for half the season then is a total dog the other half. You never know what your going to get from him.
    Last edited by Beerfish; 12-19-2010 at 02:15 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He became my fantasy starter this year after both McNabb and Favre crapped the bed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definition of JAG.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3869588]How do you figure suffering from Crohn's a "tale of redemption?" To the dump with this.[/QUOTE]

Well... Lets see...

This is sad.... Just shows that this guy knows the Michael Vick story, but not the David Garrard saga...

[URL="<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YRJVEv5MzJ8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YRJVEv5MzJ8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>"]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YRJVEv5MzJ8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YRJVEv5MzJ8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/URL]

Take a look at the video.... Crohn's is a SERIOUS illness... Even today, David probably has a lot of bad days in his battle with the disease..

How is it redemptioin??? David didn't let this disease ruin his dreams.... He obviously kept a positive attitude, and went through the tough times... Now he's a starting QB in the NFL... He is proof that Crohn's/Colitis is a lifelong affliction not a death sentence...

Get a clue...

Please..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    because he doesn't show up in big games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3869588]How do you figure suffering from Crohn's a "[B]tale of redemption[/B]?" To the dump with this.[/QUOTE]

Redumption??:yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm gonna go with racism.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JerryJet;3869601]Well... Lets see...

This is sad.... Just shows that this guy knows the Michael Vick story, but not the David Garrard saga...

[URL]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YRJVEv5MzJ8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YRJVEv5MzJ8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/URL]

Take a look at the video.... Crohn's is a SERIOUS illness... Even today, David probably has a lot of bad days in his battle with the disease..

How is it redemptioin??? David didn't let this disease ruin his dreams.... He obviously kept a positive attitude, and went through the tough times... Now he's a starting QB in the NFL... He is proof that Crohn's/Colitis is a lifelong affliction not a death sentence...

Get a clue...

Please..[/QUOTE]

I know what Crohn's disease is, nerd. And its obvious you don't know what "redemption" is. Maybe you should have said Garrard overcame adversity instead of making a fool of your uneducated self.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3869612]Redumption??:yes:[/QUOTE]

Oh no you di'int. :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3869613]I'm gonna go with racism.[/QUOTE]

ahhh, what would a day be without the race card!?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JerryJet;3869585]This guy has been on the chopping block in Jacksonville for the past two seasons. He probably could have been had for 3rd or 4th round pick last year, and the previous year.

Never understood why the Jets/and other NFL teams never got in on this guy.

On a different note, most people don't realize what an incredible story he is.

[B]The guy suffers from Crohn's Disease[/B], which unfortunately runs in my family. He truly is a great role model for kids who suffer with Crohns/Colitis.

I personally, think his story is a much better tale of redemption than Michael Vick's, but that sure won't get anybody's attention...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jets Things;3869588]How do you figure suffering from Crohn's a "tale of redemption?" [B]To the dump[/B] with this.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Beerfish;3869593]He is extreemely [B]streaky[/B]. Looks like a world beater for half the season then is a total dog the other half. You never know what your going to get from him.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Rocky Raccoon;3869597]He became my fantasy starter this year after both McNabb and Favre [B]crapped the bed.[/B][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1318/seewhatyoudid.jpg[/IMG]

Seriously, I appreciate it whenever anyone who faces personal adversity goes public with it and attempts to do some good with it. Beyond that though, the guy is a JAG (no pun) type of QB.