Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WEATHERFORD

Hall Of Fame

WEATHERFORD

MOTHER****ING PIMP

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

After a couple bad kicks kicking ice cubes in NE, ppl started writing him off. I said, "nah."

He's has a great season. Even when he's been weaker 9like NE) it hardly cost us anything.

All Pro
    He was absolutely money today, and his punt that set up the safety was an extremely underrated huge play. Glad to see him bounce back.

Rookie
    IT WAS HIS BIRTHDAY THIS PAST WEEK....HE IS GREAT THIS SEASON...everyone has a bad game (new england)

He had a great game :yes:

Weather is not a good punter in terms of distance. He never boots a long punt, but he really is a fantastic directional punter.
    He punted 9x last week, and had 7 inside the 20, and or 3 inside the 10 with only one touch back (and the Jets ST Coverage team had a play on the ball). This week, 3 punts touched down inside the 10.

I give Weatherford a great deal of credit for the job he has done this year and the one thing I remember the most is after the poor decision on the fake punt against Green Bay, he went on inside the Jets and took 15 minutes of chiding from Wischusen and was a stand up guy taking full responsibility for the bad decision.

He just needs to keep this up now as it will only get tougher from here

Hall Of Fame
    with all the close games the Jets have won, he and Revis are probably the team MVPs

I love Watherford but man, give me the Dolphins punter from last week!! :eek:

All League
    weatherford has been money in the bank this year (minus the NE debacle)...good for him, he is really contributing

Weatherford has 35 punts inside the 20 (2nd in the league)
    Weatherford has 17 punts inside the 10 (1st in the league).

I could only find stats on these things going back to 2005

The most punts inside the 10 in a season was 18.
    The most punts inside the 20 in a season was 42.

The best part.. He only has 4 touchbacks this year.

He cannot punt it long, it's a big problem for him, but he is a great directional punter, he has been fantastic in winning field position for the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Weatherford and Folk

BOTH better than those they replaced

[QUOTE=sg3;3873368]Weatherford and Folk

BOTH better than those they replaced[/QUOTE]

It's hard to say, both Graham and Feely have been very good. But, realistically it's far easier to kick in Arizona than in the Meadowlands.

Jets Insider VIP
    and without Jason Taylor who we defacto traded Feely to obtain, the Steelers kick a chipshot field goal to tie the game last night and who knows what happens in OT

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=NYJ89;3871825]IT WAS HIS BIRTHDAY THIS PAST WEEK....HE IS GREAT THIS SEASON...everyone has a bad game (new england)[/QUOTE]

Yes, this team is loaded with December babies. Rex Ryan is Dec. 13th.

My birthday was Friday, Dec. 17th. So was Steve Weatherford's and Tony Richardson's. Thanks guys for making our birthday weekend a happy one. And many more.

:yes:

Weatherford has been good... Even with that New England game I still trust him.

Still don't trust Folk though. I don't hate him, but i don't completely trust him either though.

Just one more thing about Weatherford....give our coverage teams credit for getting downfield. Cole, McKnight and Brad Smith all make plays to help keep teams pinned deep!!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sg3;3873368]Weatherford and Folk

BOTH better than those they replaced[/QUOTE]

Agreed and FOLK is a young kicker just coming into his own. Wetherford has been money in the bank. IN NE he failed to adjust for the windy conditions and dropped the ball a bit high. It was trouble for us but scoring 3 points was even a bigger problem. I support BOTH of our guys. They play like Jets!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=abs9940;3873110]I love Watherford but man, give me the Dolphins punter from last week!! :eek:[/QUOTE]

Only if you take the Dolphags FG kicker from this week ([B][SIZE=5]0[/SIZE][/B] from [B][SIZE=5]4 [/SIZE][/B]!?!!? If Folk did that the fans would be waiting outside the changing rooms with bats to break his legs! :D)