Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Schottenheimer should be fired for throwing on third down.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Schottenheimer should be fired for throwing on third down.

Stupid, STUPID play call! He gave them an extra timeout.

Even when we win this f*ck screws up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    if it is caught, game over.

i wasn't happy with the passes earlier. would have preferred to have the steelers use their timeouts earlier.

but a great win.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The f**king idiot always goes against football 101. Inexcusable stupidity. Luckily the refs did not call us for holding on that pass play or it would have been first and goal with plenty of time left.

Anyway, we pulled it out in spite of BS' stupidity.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am far from a Shotty apologist but I don't hate that call.

All week we complain on here that he is too conservative but right there he is gambling on picking up a first down to ice the game.

He also made some nice calls earlier in the same drive.

Shotty called a decent game today imo.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3871730]The f**king idiot always goes against football 101. Inexcusable stupidity. Luckily the refs did not call us for holding on that pass play or it would have been first and goal with plenty of time left.

Anyway, we pulled it out in spite of BS' stupidity.[/QUOTE]

I hate this motherf*cker with such a passion. He's a MORON.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It wasn't brilliant in the end but Pitt made mistakes also and the refs were killing us ...and we still f*cking won!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    How does this thread get 5 stars? It belongs in the dump.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The defensive play calling on that last drive was WAY worse than anything Shotty called. Rex lost his nerve and almost blew the game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no problem with throwing in that situation against that team with their run D.

Now if there was like 1:30 left instead if 2:30 left, than I want to take away there timeout. However, with 2:30 left that 1 timeout wasnt as important as they would have plenty of time anyways to score, going for the 1st down was the right move.

Also, dont think for a second Rex wasnt on board with those calls, because that had his name written all over it as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;3871680]Stupid, STUPID play call! He gave them an extra timeout.

Even when we win this f*ck screws up.[/QUOTE]

false...that situation called for a throw all the way

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are mad for him being too aggressive?

hypocrite... I'm guessing you blasted Hackett for always running it in that spot.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3871767]How does this thread get 5 stars? It belongs in the dump.[/QUOTE]

You belong in the dump. He made some good calls, but that one play could have cost us the game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3871767]How does this thread get 5 stars? It belongs in the dump.[/QUOTE]

+1 must be alot of misrable pricks that are upset they dont have as much to complain about this week :confused:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Because on 3rd and 2 you run it when you are trying to kill time. And above all else you do NOT go into shotgun...

His strategy for this game was better, but idiotic calls like that remind me that deep down he's still a moron

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schottenheimer, with this win, is closer to getting a HC job than fired. IMO its win-win for the Jets.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3871783]You are mad for him being too aggressive?

hypocrite... I'm guessing you blasted Hackett for always running it in that spot.[/QUOTE]

You run the ball so the Steelers either let the clock run to the two minute warning, or you let Pittsburgh burn their last timeout.

That was idiotic.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    going 3-and-out after the safety was putrid. that's the spot where the offense has to earn their pay.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;3871680]Stupid, STUPID play call! He gave them an extra timeout.

Even when we win this f*ck screws up.[/QUOTE]

you're an idiot ... u get the completion and you win the game. the defense wasn't dominant at all and its not like there was only a minute and 30 seconds left or something ... they would have had the ball with 2:22 with no timeouts. You don't know where the punt would go. Seriously 2:22 with Ben at home the way they were throwing it today wasn't saving us much time seriously. If we get it they probably won't even get the ball back. I agree with the call and anybody who doesn't is a flake and is SCARED to win games. Seriously do the Pats play it conservative? New Orleans last year? Come on dude why wouldn't you want to keep the ball in your hands and win the game. Stop being a sissy

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3871805]Schottenheimer, with this win, is closer to getting a HC job than fired. IMO its win-win for the Jets.[/QUOTE]

Good let him go run another team into the ground.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;3871784]You belong in the dump. He made some good calls, but that one play could have cost us the game.[/QUOTE]

Every play in ever football game can cost you the game. Going for the win with the lead is not a dumb call. You're just pissed that Shotty called a good game and you're so blinded by your own hate you are being a pathetic second guesser on 1 failed play in a great win.