Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Schottenheimer should be fired for throwing on third down.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE][QUOTE]You have to beat good teams to win a championship.

We played the Ravens and scored 0 TDs.
    We played the Packers and scored 0 TDs.
    We played the Pats two weeks ago and scored zero TDs.
    We played the Dolphins a week ago and scored 0 TDs.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Eh wrong....You have to win out in the playoffs to win a championship...to do that you have to make the playoffs...none of those regular season losses is preventing us from getting into the playoffs.

[QUOTE][B]DAMN THAT SCHOTTY CAN GAMEPLAN![/B]
    [/QUOTE]

That he can.

[QUOTE]Defending Schotty is like treating AIDS: fruitless.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://ostorestatic.oprah.com/images/PRODUCT/medium/1340.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Much ado about Nothing;3875247]They don't have elite QBs they have elite playcallers. I don't think any of those qualities you listed matter very much...these "elite" QBs are just following orders.

Football isn't a sport about doing, it's a sport about planning and identifying.

Offensive coordinators are as highly paid as they are for a reason...[/QUOTE]

lol this has to the worst post i've scene on this forum. This guy just said Tom Brady isn't elite the play calling is elite. AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeh man because before Mike Malarkey was in Atlanta his offenses were lighting it up in Buffalo. I don't know why they ever let him go. Oh yeah and Mike Martz has done what he did with the Rams and the greatest show on turf with every other team since he's left. I mean seriously ...what scares me is that some of these people actually believe what they are saying ... they don't have elite QB's they have elite play callers ahahahahhahahahaha ..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3875699]lol this has to the worst post i've scene on this forum. This guy just said Tom Brady isn't elite the play calling is elite. AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeh man because before Mike Malarkey was in Atlanta his offenses were lighting it up in Buffalo. I don't know why they ever let him go. Oh yeah and Mike Martz has done what he did with the Rams and the greatest show on turf with every other team since he's left. I mean seriously ...what scares me is that some of these people actually believe what they are saying ... they don't have elite QB's they have elite play callers ahahahahhahahahaha ..[/QUOTE]

Tom Brady - Weis, McDaniels, Belichick + cameras

Peyton Manning - Tom Moore

Drew Brees - Cam Cameron, Sean Payton

Phil Rivers - Cam Cameron, Norv Turner

Matt Cassel - McDaniels, Weis, Cameras

Schaub - Dennison

Warner - Martz, Whisenhunt

Vick - Mornhinwheg

Elway - Shanahan

Montana - Walsh

There is no such thing as good QB play without a coordinator. That guy would have to be some kind of phenom or savant. Schotty is ruining the Sanchize.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Much ado about Nothing;3875890]Tom Brady - Weis, McDaniels, Belichick + cameras

Peyton Manning - Tom Moore

Drew Brees - Cam Cameron, Sean Payton

Phil Rivers - Cam Cameron, Norv Turner

Matt Cassel - McDaniels, Weis, Cameras

Schaub - Dennison

Warner - Martz, Whisenhunt

Vick - Mornhinwheg

Elway - Shanahan

Montana - Walsh

There is no such thing as good QB play without a coordinator. That guy would have to be some kind of phenom or savant. Schotty is ruining the Sanchize.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that all these elite playcallers/coordinators all have elite QBs. How was Martz in San Francisco or Detroit? Shannahan in Washington? Cam Cameron in Miami? Norv Turner in Washington or San Francisco?

Elite playcallers can definatley help an elite QB, but they DONT make elite QBs. If anything, elite QBs make elite playcallers/coordinators, not the other way around. [U]If your statement was true, then why didnt Alex Smith flurish under Martz or Turner???[/U]
    Last edited by PaPZ187; 12-22-2010 at 02:06 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pcavanagh;3875330]I didnt like the pass on 2nd or third down! the Steelers would have had the final drive. I dont mind playing to win, but jeez.. make it as tough as possible for the opponent.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind. All is well. Sunshine and rainbows.

We won for the first time Pennsylvania. Get the ticker tape out.

:rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Much ado about Nothing;3875375]Eh wrong....You have to win out in the playoffs to win a championship...to do that you have to make the playoffs...none of those regular season losses is preventing us from getting into the playoffs. [/QUOTE]

....and none of our wins have shown we're capable of doing d*ck in the playoffs. We barely queaked by a bunch of nobodies and were a special teams TD and a Jason Taylor safety from losing to a Steeler team without Troy Polamalu.

You need good players to win games. We have that on offense. But you also need good coaching. We lack that on offense big time.

[QUOTE=Much ado about Nothing;3875375]That he can.[/QUOTE]

You bet. That 4th and 1 call was BRILLIANCE. BRILLIANCE, I tell you!!!!

The previous 11 quarters without a TD meant stucazzo. That 4th and 1 bootleg changed our season. All is well!!!! :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Much ado about Nothing;3875375][IMG]http://ostorestatic.oprah.com/images/PRODUCT/medium/1340.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.blackpast.org/files/blackpast_images/ashe_arthur.jpeg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://tu.tv/imagenes/videos/t/h/the-brady-bunch-mike-brady-robert-reed_imagenGrande.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.clashmusic.com/files/imagecache/big_node_view/files/freddiemercury_0.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]....an[B][B]d none of our wins have shown we're capable of doing d*ck in the playoffs.[/B][/B] We barely queaked by a bunch of nobodies and were a special teams TD and a Jason Taylor safety from losing to a Steeler team without Troy Polamalu.
    [/QUOTE]

Wtf does that even mean? We were just in the AFCCG a f*ckin year ago.

Also, a special teams TD and Jason Taylor safety are ways teams win games. Believe it or not, not every NFL win from every non-Jet NFL team is perfect and smooth.

[QUOTE]You need good players to win games. We have that on offense. But you also need good coaching. We lack that on offense big time.[/QUOTE]

Yet somehow we're 10-4 and heading to the playoffs for the 3rd time in 5 years with our coordinator...one more win in '08 would have made it 4 out of 5 years. My god...my god.

[QUOTE][QUOTE]You bet. That 4th and 1 call was BRILLIANCE. BRILLIANCE, I tell you!!!!

The previous 11 quarters without a TD meant stucazzo. That 4th and 1 bootleg changed our season. All is well!!!! :rolleyes:

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Lol...you keep harping on individual playcalls...I'll enjoy watching the Jets get to the playoffs...again.

[QUOTE][IMG]http://www.blackpast.org/files/blackpast_images/ashe_arthur.jpeg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://tu.tv/imagenes/videos/t/h/the-brady-bunch-mike-brady-robert-reed_imagenGrande.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.clashmusic.com/files/imagecache/big_node_view/files/freddiemercury_0.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I believe fruitless means "without fruit" basically...In this case, Magic Johnson would be a fruit.

You keep pretending you're keeping everyone grounded in reality though, bro.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3875930]I noticed that all these elite playcallers/coordinators all have elite QBs. How was Martz in San Francisco or Detroit? Shannahan in Washington? Cam Cameron in Miami? Norv Turner in Washington or San Francisco?

Elite playcallers can definatley help an elite QB, but they DONT make elite QBs. If anything, elite QBs make elite playcallers/coordinators, not the other way around. [U]If your statement was true, then why didnt Alex Smith flurish under Martz or Turner???[/U][/QUOTE]

Smith had his best season under one of those guys. They playcalled him so well he went from sh*tty to mediocre enough to give opportunities to for a couple more years. That's great OC'ing...right?

Name me a great SB winning team WITHOUT a great offensive coordinator. Go ahead. I dare you. Offensive coordinators are the backbones of teams. They are the reason teams score points. They are the reasons quarterbacks become viewed as great and get laid. They are the guys who decide who wins the SB and who doesn't. Does Sch*tty have that kind of ability? Has he shown it in his FIVE years of super talented but failed offenses?

Look at how much Pennington improved once he left Sch*tty's offense! Sure the end result was the same and it's probably easier to throw in Miami than it is in the Meadowlands, but are you really going to try to tell me that 99.9% of his improvement was from something OTHER than playcalling? Look at how Favre looked after he left SCH*TTY's playbook to go back to the NFC North to play for it's loaded dome team. He got BETTER! The only POSSIBLE explanation is the change in playbook and playcalls!

You guys keep pretending that Sch*tty has good qualities. Oh sunshine and rainbows nothing is wrong! :rolleyes:
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 12-22-2010 at 11:44 AM.