Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Schottenheimer should be fired for throwing on third down.

Veteran
    I believe the Steelers had 2 timeouts left at that point. I'd rather take a shot throwing the ball than just line up and try blasting the ball for a 2 yard run against one of the best run defenses in the NFL. Maybe you want to go play-action, but throwing the ball there isn't a bad idea. If it was below the 2 minute warning, I'd agree.

[Run Play That Doesn't Work] GAHHH, SHOULDA BEEN A PASS!!!!!

[Pass Play That Doesn't Work] COMEONE YOU GOTTA RUN THE BALL HERE!!!

/rinse, repeat

Banned
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3871811]you're an idiot ... u get the completion and you win the game. the defense wasn't dominant at all and its not like there was only a minute and 30 seconds left or something ... they would have had the ball with 2:22 with no timeouts. You don't know where the punt would go. Seriously 2:22 with Ben at home the way they were throwing it today wasn't saving us much time seriously. If we get it they probably won't even get the ball back. I agree with the call and anybody who doesn't is a flake and is SCARED to win games. Seriously do the Pats play it conservative? New Orleans last year? Come on dude why wouldn't you want to keep the ball in your hands and win the game. Stop being a sissy[/QUOTE]

Your personal attack is being reported.

And if you run the ball on that play, if you canvert, game over. If you don't, Pittsburgh uses their last timeout.

PeeWee coaches know to do that. And yet Schittbag defies logic, as usual.

Banned
    [QUOTE=njherdfan;3871826][B]I believe the Steelers had 2 timeouts left at that point. [/B]I'd rather take a shot throwing the ball than just line up and try blasting the ball for a 2 yard run against one of the best run defenses in the NFL. Maybe you want to go play-action, but throwing the ball there isn't a bad idea. If it was below the 2 minute warning, I'd agree.[/QUOTE]

No they didn't. They had one timeout and the two minute warning.

All League
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3871821]Every play in ever football game can cost you the game. Going for the win with the lead is not a dumb call. You're just pissed that Shotty called a good game and you're so blinded by your own hate you are being a pathetic second guesser on 1 failed play in a great win.[/QUOTE]

+1

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3871811]you're an idiot ... u get the completion and you win the game. the defense wasn't dominant at all and its not like there was only a minute and 30 seconds left or something ... they would have had the ball with 2:22 with no timeouts. You don't know where the punt would go. Seriously 2:22 with Ben at home the way they were throwing it today wasn't saving us much time seriously. If we get it they probably won't even get the ball back. I agree with the call and anybody who doesn't is a flake and is SCARED to win games. Seriously do the Pats play it conservative? New Orleans last year? Come on dude why wouldn't you want to keep the ball in your hands and win the game. Stop being a sissy[/QUOTE]

SISSY?! This is the most moronic thing I have read in quite some time. Look I don't give a flying f*ck if he passed out of a run formation. But shotgun?! They don't even have to concern themselves with run. So yea quit acting like none of us are using any logic here.

anybody agreeing with the TS is a SISSY. play it conservative to give them the ball with 2:20 and the 2 minute warning vs getting a 4 yard completion and sealing the game. What the hell is wrong with you people? you people need to get your vagina checked for a sissy infection! You seriously want to punt the ball and play conservative. If we run and Pitt gets the ball back with 2:20 to go and score in 6 plays this entire forum is saying "why did we play it conservative" ... anybody who agree's with this needs to get a sex change. Real men go for the win not play it safe and hope the defense does this and that ... F THAT .... you go after it sonny!

[QUOTE=sourceworx;3871839]Your personal attack is being reported.

And if you run the ball on that play, if you canvert, game over. If you don't, Pittsburgh uses their last timeout.

PeeWee coaches know to do that. And yet Schittbag defies logic, as usual.[/QUOTE]

You get whiney about someone calling you an idiot but you are free to call the oc of the Jets every name in the book including ****bag as often as you wish?

If you want to dish it out learn to take it and not be such a whiner.

[QUOTE=njherdfan;3871826]I believe the Steelers had 2 timeouts left at that point. I'd rather take a shot throwing the ball than just line up and try blasting the ball for a 2 yard run against one of the best run defenses in the NFL. Maybe you want to go play-action, but throwing the ball there isn't a bad idea. If it was below the 2 minute warning, I'd agree.[/QUOTE]

I had a huge problem with shotgun. It basically tells the D "HEY WE'RE GONNA PASS, DON'T WORRY BOUT THE RUN BRAH!!" The pass is not the huge problem in my book, tho a run would still have been the go to call IMHO.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3871865]You get whiney about someone calling you an idiot but you are free to call the oc of the Jets every name in the book including ****bag as often as you wish?

If you want to dish it out learn to take it and not be such a whiner.[/QUOTE]

Has he been banned yet? Pipe up.

All League
    [QUOTE=Kotch;3871831][Run Play That Doesn't Work] GAHHH, SHOULDA BEEN A PASS!!!!!

[Pass Play That Doesn't Work] COMEONE YOU GOTTA RUN THE BALL HERE!!!

/rinse, repeat[/QUOTE]

+1 That is EXACTLY WHAT IT IS.

And people wonder why are fanbase is looked at like a joke.......it is because there is some truth to it.

[QUOTE=TheMo;3871851]SISSY?! This is the most moronic thing I have read in quite some time. Look I don't give a flying f*ck if he passed out of a run formation. But shotgun?! They don't even have to concern themselves with run. So yea quit acting like none of us are using any logic here.[/QUOTE]

what the hell are you talking about? since when can't you run on shotgun? they ran off shotgun like 4 times today. Not to mention OBVIOUSLY pitt was going to put 9 in the box ... you put him in sanchez to give him some space DUHHHH ... what the hell are you talking about? what do you rather them do a PA and then get sacked? ... seriously i'm done defending schotty as far as him being the guy here but he made adjustments and overall called a good game today. the call to go for it was the right call ... if you are going to pass for the win why half-ass it? get out of here ... put him under center and he gets sacked buddy ... your logic sucks there .. he almost got sacked off shot-gun

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3871854]anybody agreeing with the TS is a SISSY. play it conservative to give them the ball with 2:20 and the 2 minute warning vs getting a 4 yard completion and sealing the game. What the hell is wrong with you people? you people need to get your vagina checked for a sissy infection! You seriously want to punt the ball and play conservative. If we run and Pitt gets the ball back with 2:20 to go and score in 6 plays this entire forum is saying "why did we play it conservative" ... anybody who agree's with this needs to get a sex change. Real men go for the win not play it safe and hope the defense does this and that ... F THAT .... you go after it sonny![/QUOTE]

Back off man and quit insulting everyone while you are at it. Oh and answer why shotgun makes any sense in that situation.

All League
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3871854]anybody agreeing with the TS is a SISSY.[B] play it conservative to give them the ball with 2:20 and the 2 minute warning vs getting a 4 yard completion and sealing the game[/B]. What the hell is wrong with you people? you people need to get your vagina checked for a sissy infection! You seriously want to punt the ball and play conservative. If we run and Pitt gets the ball back with 2:20 to go and score in 6 plays this entire forum is saying "why did we play it conservative" ... anybody who agree's with this needs to get a sex change. Real men go for the win not play it safe and hope the defense does this and that ... F THAT .... you go after it sonny![/QUOTE]

This....

Running the ball in that situation wreaks of Hacket and Herm.

If we are under 2:00 minutes, ok then a run makes more sense. If we are playing the Pats or a team that is not the best run defense (statistically) since the 2000 Ravens, ok then a run makes sense.
    Last edited by PaPZ187; 12-19-2010 at 07:43 PM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3871821]Every play in ever football game can cost you the game. Going for the win with the lead is not a dumb call. You're just pissed that Shotty called a good game and you're so blinded by your own hate you are being a pathetic second guesser on 1 failed play in a great win.[/QUOTE]

One failed play? What about all the time wasted during the two minute drill. He didn't give the offense a play to run if they got tackled in bounds? High School coaches even know to do that.

The guy sucks. He was better this week, but that doesn't excuse the train wreck he's been all year.

Banned
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3871874]+1 That is EXACTLY WHAT IT IS.

And people wonder why are fanbase is looked at like a joke.......it is because there is some truth to it.[/QUOTE]

OUR fanbase is looked at like a joke because after every win delusional people like yourself start proclaiming us Super Bowl winners.

[QUOTE=TheMo;3871882]Back off man and quit insulting everyone while you are at it. Oh and answer why shotgun makes any sense in that situation.[/QUOTE]

my apologies if you felt insulted ... not my intention to offend anybody. if anybody was offended by me calling them a sissy i apologize. Should have never called the TS an idiot ... but here's what i meant ... if you agree with the TS you're THINKING like a sissy ... i should have worded it different. I'm not here to start personal things and make attacks I just get a little worked up here by things I think are bullish remarks. Its all a matter of opinions and I know that so my bad for that ...

[QUOTE=sourceworx;3871680]Stupid, STUPID play call! He gave them an extra timeout.

Even when we win this f*ck screws up.[/QUOTE]

The playcalling in this game was nearly perfect. That was Schotty's best game this season. Was it perfect? NO, but how often is the playcalling from ANY OC perfect? NEVER. Did we win the game? YES, so was it GOOD ENOUGH? YES! Quit your b$tching and get over yourself.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=sourceworx;3871890]One failed play? What about all the time wasted during the two minute drill. He didn't give the offense a play to run if they got tackled in bounds? High School coaches even know to do that.

The guy sucks. He was better this week, but that doesn't excuse the train wreck he's been all year.[/QUOTE]

So start another Shotenheimer sucks thread not a dumb second guess of 1 play thread where the play you wanted was no more right or wrong then the play that was run.

Banned
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3871885]This....

[B]Running the ball in that situation wreaks of Hacket and Herm.[/B]

If we are under 2:00 minutes, ok then a run makes more sense. If we are playing the Pats or a team that is not the best run defense since the 2000 Ravens, ok then a run makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Wrong as usual.

Running the draw on 2nd and 20 (as Schitthead did in the first half) reeks of Hackett and Herm.

Any coach with half a brain runs the ball on that third down play.