Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darrelle Revis- Best CB in football

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Darrelle Revis- Best CB in football

Someone find the stats that show how many completions this guy has given up all year. He is simply the best corner in the game. At times, late in games, I think to myself how I haven't heard Revis' name called all game. He is a beast.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    He's the best corner I've ever seen, or maybe 1b to Deion's 1a. When Roethlisberger finally decided to throw on him he easily leaped and knocked the pass out of #88's hands. I was screaming "YOU CAN'T COMPLETE THAT ON DARRELLE REVIS!!!" at the top of my lungs. My wife thought that was pretty funny.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ben is an idiot for repeatedly throwing at him. Brady is smart; didn't even look at 24 on Monday night IIRC.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    In constructing a defense, ONE lock down CB means nothing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MCBNY;3871938]Ben is an idiot for repeatedly throwing at him. Brady is smart; didn't even look at 24 on Monday night IIRC.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm and maybe that is one of the key reasons why Brady crushed the Jets!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [QUOTE=Darth Vader;3871945]In constructing a defense, ONE lock down CB means nothing.[/QUOTE]

It means you can take the other team's best WR out of the equation. It means you can blitz a safety. It gives you options.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not going to deny Revis is awesome, but he let up that 3rd and 18.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing that gets overlooked at times (especially by the media nationally) is Revis tackling ability in the run game. He gets in there and makes plays and as good as a tackler at CB as there is in the NFL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd also like to point out his tackling contributions today. He must have had like 6 or 7 tackles, even though he missed the big one late. That wasn't totally his fault, it was a blown coverage and he was getting there so late it would have been a tough angle to get Sanders down

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3872015]I'm not going to deny Revis is awesome, but he let up that 3rd and 18.[/QUOTE]

Weren't they in zone?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3872015]I'm not going to deny Revis is awesome, but he let up that 3rd and 18.[/QUOTE]

... not for nothing ... he did look like he was in a zone coverage not man coverage on that play ...

... would be curious if anyone could confirm this ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MCBNY;3872053]Weren't they in zone?[/QUOTE]

We were. That wasn't Revis's fault

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one can say he's a flash in the pan. He's far and away the best at what he does.

Veteran
    Clark University, by way of West Orange, NJ
    Post Thanks / Like

No, they showed the coaches cam and Revis was in zone on the sidelines, his instincts were so good that he was the closest person to the receiver once the ball arrived because he anticipated the route, but he wasn't responsible for the receiver on that play.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rbstern;3872013][B]It means you can take the other team's best WR out of the equation.[/B] It means you can blitz a safety. It gives you options.[/QUOTE]

Revis wasn't on Wallace today.

Revis didn't let up a completion. That's amazing! However, for his hype and contract he needs to be on Wallace today. Wallace had a BIG day. If Revis is the best than he should be locked up on him all game. I know his hammy acted up but we're all tired of hearing about that.

Amazing game by the league's best corner but would've been better if he played against the best WR out there.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=David Harris;3872119]Revis wasn't on Wallace today.

Revis didn't let up a completion. That's amazing! However, for his hype and contract he needs to be on Wallace today. Wallace had a BIG day. If Revis is the best than he should be locked up on him all game. I know his hammy acted up but we're all tired of hearing about that.

Amazing game by the league's best corner but would've been better if he played against the best WR out there.[/QUOTE]

Today Revis looked like he was playing saftey on some places. I guess they were playing zone, but a lot of the tim we was play a deep zone near the end zone and that zone usually had no one in it.

Revis is great, but we aren't using him to lock down recievers this year. Again not many teams we've faced this year have a true #1 but we see him in zone or moving around a lot more often then last year.

Maybe its his hammy, maybe rex is trying something different, but we need to start locking down a single reciever and taking them completely out fo the game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis has been dominant since the Packer game. Today was no different with 0 allowed against the Steelers.

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2djw9sl.jpg[/IMG]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    best....corner.....period.

guy is awesome.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just made Revis can't cover two guys at the same time. Hasn't he heard of the cover two defense? Herm could teach him, Herm was a corner and Herm liked cover two.

Veteran
    Clark University, by way of West Orange, NJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=David Harris;3872119]Revis wasn't on Wallace today.

Amazing game by the league's best corner but would've been better if he played against the best WR out there.[/QUOTE]

If Revis goes on Wallace today then Hines Ward absolutely would have abused Cromartie. One of the league's most physical receivers against probably the least physical defensive player. Not a great matchup for the Jets. I didn't like that on the 2nd to last play that the Steelers split their RB out wide as a decoy and Revis covered him, but the Jets played zone almost all game.