Thread: Great work by the Offensive Line!!

Great work by the Offensive Line!!

Nice to see us actually running the ball and giving the kid some time to throw the ball. Made a world of diffrence in the game.

Veteran
    Yep! Big day for the O-Line. How many times did you hear Woodly or Harrison's name called?

Hall Of Fame
    Wayne Hunter could be our RT for a long, long time. Slauson is a very good OG and he is only going to get better as time goes on. NICK & BRICK + Moore and we have an excellent OL.

All League
    Today was probably D'Bricks best work making DPOTY candidate James Harrison invisible.

All Pro
    Especially impressive considering the Steeler's ridiculously low rushing YPG - lowest by any team since in the 1940's they said at one point. :eek:

Um...13 points. 13.

All League
    [QUOTE=S.I. Patsfan;3873086]Um...13 points. 13.[/QUOTE]

so are you saying the o-line played poorly?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=S.I. Patsfan;3873086]Um...13 points. 13.[/QUOTE]

Um ... more points than the other guys. More. ;)

I recall a certain Patsy game earlier this year (vs. Dolphags) where 21 of the Patsy points came from D / ST. Still counted as a W then too.

And anyway, sometimes you just need your O to keep the opposing O off the field and alter field position. Like last night.

Unless the Patriots are playing, you're not going to see a lot of points when it's 20 degrees outside and snowing. The Steelers were only allowing 15 ppg going into yesterday's game. Considering the conditions, the offense played well. They ran the ball against one of the best run defenses since the 2000 Ravens (they're not that good, but they're the closest anyone has come in a while), and kept 2 of the best pass rushers in the league away from Sanchez. If they can repeat that performance, we can win our last 2 games and make some noise in the playoffs.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Would be great if Turner, and Slauson could work right into this crew it takes time for a line to gell, yeah it would be really great.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

The offensive line was terrific yesterday. Pittsburgh's rush defense was on track for the best in modern NFL history, allowing 60.1 yards/game. I don't know the exact number but the Jets had over 100, and a big reason for that was the holes they were creating.

And I'll tell you what, Matt Slauson's had some boneheaded plays this season, missed blocks and penalties, but he just destroys people when he pulls.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3873691]The offensive line was terrific yesterday. Pittsburgh's rush defense was on track for the best in modern NFL history, allowing 60.1 yards/game. I don't know the exact number but the Jets had over 100, and a big reason for that was the holes they were creating.

And I'll tell you what, Matt Slauson's had some boneheaded plays this season, missed blocks and penalties, but he just destroys people when he pulls.[/QUOTE]

Slauson is an excellent run blocker.

Just has to get better pass blocking. To be honest, he was pretty good yesterday with pass blocking though. The one holding penalty wasn't really a clear penalty either.

He'll be fine. If he's anything like Moore, he'll get better and better and keep eliminating the lapses in his pass blocking.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3873699]Slauson is an excellent run blocker.

Just has to get better pass blocking. To be honest, he was pretty good yesterday with pass blocking though. The one holding penalty wasn't really a clear penalty either.

He'll be fine. If he's anything like Moore, he'll get better and better and keep eliminating the lapses in his pass blocking.[/QUOTE]

The Slauson hold was caused by a delayed blitz by Pitt - had he not got in the way Sanchez would have been blasted, so I'd rather a holding call than a broken QB.