Thread: answer me this

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

answer me this

why is it not said more (at least in my opinion), but someone has to ask rex at one of his press conferences this one simple question ?????

Rex is there any reason as to why whether it is on offense or defense your players are completely scared of the middle of the field ?????

i mean i really would love to hear the answer to that one.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    My dad would agree with you 100%. He called me during the game to say the exact same thing.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also say the SAME thing.

Why on earth do we run so much out patterns? I'm no offensive genius, but the slant has always been the most consistent play...especially when given to Holmes

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    it doesnt have to even be a slant, i'll take a curl, or a go route then turn in towards the middle and not out towards the sideline. i'll take keller down the seem. or how about this one. run a slant to say edwards and bring the safety so you clear up the middle behind the linebackers and then bring holmes across the middle on the run and hit him so he can use his speed one on one with the linebacker

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY State of Mind;3872185]I also say the SAME thing.

Why on earth do we run so much out patterns? I'm no offensive genius, but the slant has always been the most consistent play...especially when given to Holmes[/QUOTE]

I think it's because they are scared of sanchez' accuracy, if he misses on a slant he can easily get picked, a miss on an out pattern and it is usually an incomplete. Thy still don't completely trust him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The D are also batting down a LOT Of Sanchez's passes that go over the middel. I think he may struggle to see / anticipate what's going on in the middle of the field sometimes, hence the preference for out patterns. Might not be Schotty's insistence, but a concession to Sanchez's limitations.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bcess;3872228]I think it's because they are scared of sanchez' accuracy, if he misses on a slant he can easily get picked, a miss on an out pattern and it is usually an incomplete. Thy still don't completely trust him.[/QUOTE]
    The out is a harder throw than a slant. Chances of misfiring and having a CB jump the throw are greater IMO.