Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You have to admit... That looked like a Pennington led offense

You have to admit... That looked like a Pennington led offense

Did I not call it?

I'll give Sanchez his due... He took what the defense gave him for the most part, and was accurate with most of his short throws.

Mark should simply concentrating on dinking and dunking defenses up and down the field. Hes a better athlete than Chad was so hes got that going for him...

Phil Simms said it the best... A good coach like Schotty was able to turn a guy like Sanchez into an decent game manager for at least 1 week.

I guarantee they watched tapes of Chad P

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JerryJet View Post
    Did I not call it?

I'll give Sanchez his due... He took what the defense gave him for the most part, and was accurate with most of his short throws.

Mark should simply concentrating on dinking and dunking defenses up and down the field. Hes a better athlete than Chad was so hes got that going for him...

Phil Simms said it the best... A good coach like Schotty was able to turn a guy like Sanchez into an decent game manager for at least 1 week.

Jerry, you are very pushy for three weeks in.

Ha

Jets Insider VIP
    Ill take any offense over what we ran the previous 2 weeks

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Jerry, you are very pushy for three weeks in.

Ha
    I thought Buzz said he was Jack the Ripper??

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Did I not call it?
    You said a couple days ago that Sanchez would be benched next season and would be off the team or out of the league shorty after that. What exactly is your prediction here JackTheRipper?

Veteran
    If they were watchin Chad tapes he would of thrown more pop-up balls

Did I not call it?

Penny would have run the TD bootleg? Really?

Jets Insider VIP
    Did I not call it?

Yes, 'cause Chaddycakes always threw pretty balls down the stovepipe, made plays with his feet on rollouts, avoided pass rushers and ran bootlegs for touchdowns.

Not enough noodlin'.

Pennington wouldn't have made at least half the throws that Sanchez made today.

Stupid thread, stupid comparison.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Did I not call it?

Chad Pennington?

Please, that guy is in the past, lets leave him there.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    You said a couple days ago that Sanchez would be benched next season and would be off the team or out of the league shorty after that. What exactly is your prediction here JackTheRipper?
    It's one game..... Most fans who want Schotty gone will admit that he had a good game today too... I will gladly eat crow on Sanchez

I still think big picture Mark isn't good enough.... I think Schotty is just doing a good job making him play like an NFL QB....

For a change Mark was actually able to accurately throw his short passes... If he can do that, he might be OK

The problem with Chad is not necessarily the short passing game, which the Pats heavily rely upon. The problem with Chad is he cannot fit passes into small windows even in the short passing game because he has no arm strength.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Pennington wouldn't have made at least half the throws that Sanchez made today.

Stupid thread, stupid comparison.
    Puhlease..

He probably would have gotten sacked on a few occasions in which Mark was able to avoid the rush, but Chad would have made every throw Mark made today..

All League
    Dude let's get a picture of that girl of yours... i heard she's hot

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Dude let's get a picture of that girl of yours... i heard she's hot
    Haven't had a girlfriend in a while...

All League
    That's not what some mods say
    YOU'RE A JOKE

Just boyfriends.

All League
    Did I not call it?

You have got to be nearing 50 posts today, if not more. I'm pretty sure your first post in the game thread was in the upper 60's. Well done. It takes a ton of effort to try that hard to rile people up.

This is an honest question that I have always wanted to get an honest answer from posters who do this sort of thing on a message board, but is posting 50 times or more really worth the reaction that you occasionally get out of people? It seems lame as hell to me, a lot more lame than any sort of reaction you could ever get from someone.

All League
    I actually think a dink-n-dunk west coast type offense is not a bad idea.
    at least Sanchez can complete the 3rd and long and can throw it deep. That's something our former dink-n-dunker could NOT do.