Thread: Unless the ESPN and Yahoo Playoff Tools are wrong... We clinched

Unless the ESPN and Yahoo Playoff Tools are wrong... We clinched

If you put in losses to Chicago and Buffalo and have Indy, Jax, SD all winning out they have the Jets as the #6 seed. If sure there is some crazy scenario where strength of victory or common opponents can have us out at 10-6. Anyone know what the specifics are?

[QUOTE=JetsFanDownSouth;3872310]If you put in losses to Chicago and Buffalo and have Indy, Jax, SD all winning out they have the Jets as the #6 seed. If sure there is some crazy scenario where strength of victory or common opponents can have us out at 10-6. Anyone know what the specifics are?[/QUOTE]

At 10- 6 if we are tied with SD and Jax we are in. If we are tied with just SD we are in. IF we are tied with just Jax we are not in.

I ran that on the simulator.... Not sure why?

All League
    [QUOTE=Conkboy;3872319]At 10- 6 if we are tied with SD and Jax we are in. If we are tied with just SD we are in. IF we are tied with just Jax we are not in.

I ran that on the simulator.... Not sure why?[/QUOTE]

I think he was assuming San Diego and Jacksonville wins its next two games. But as you correctly pointed out, if we are only tied with Jacksonville, then they get in over us.

I might be wrong, but if I'm intepreting the tiebreakers correctly:

3-way tie with SD/Jax, SD beat JAX head to head, which eliminates the Jags and makes it a two way tie between us and the Bolts...

2-way tie with SD, we win on strength of victory, since they played the NFC West.

2-way tie with JAX, we lose on common games, since the Jags will have swept theirs (HOU, CLE, DEN,BUF) and we'd have a loss to the Bills.

[QUOTE=Conkboy;3872319]At 10- 6 if we are tied with SD and Jax we are in. If we are tied with just SD we are in. IF we are tied with just Jax we are not in.

I ran that on the simulator.... Not sure why?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Knew it had to be something weird

All League
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=xxaaaxx;3872358]I might be wrong, but if I'm intepreting the tiebreakers correctly:

3-way tie with SD/Jax, SD beat JAX head to head, which eliminates the Jags and makes it a two way tie between us and the Bolts...

2-way tie with SD, we win on strength of victory, since they played the NFC West.

2-way tie with JAX, we lose on common games, since the Jags will have swept theirs (HOU, CLE, DEN,BUF) and we'd have a loss to the Bills.[/QUOTE]

This.....I think the way it all breaks down is that we clinch with

1)1 more win;
    2) 1 more win by KC; or
    3) one more loss by SD & Jax/Indy

to make playoffs

basically this is what we need,

assuming we lose the next 2
    and everyone in the hunt wins the next 2. (except kansas city)

the only way we will be out, is if kansas city loses 1 of the next 2.

if they win out, or lose out, we will be in.
    if they go 1-1, and everyone else wins out, were out.

[QUOTE=xxaaaxx;3872358]I might be wrong, but if I'm intepreting the tiebreakers correctly:

2-way tie with JAX, we lose on common games, since the Jags will have swept theirs (HOU, CLE, DEN,BUF) and we'd have a loss to the Bills.[/QUOTE]

Head to head in a 3 way tie only applies if all the teams play each other. By only beating the Jags the Jags are not eliminated. This is why you get those wild scenarios where Team A beats Team B, but B ends up in the playoffs in a 3 team race.

The secondary tiebreaker is AFC record, which would be a 3 way tie. The next is common games which is where we lose out in the ties with Jacksonville.

To the OP and others here...

Gee...Here's a thought :

[b]WIN THE NEXT FUKIN' GAME!!![/b] :mad: :mad: :mad:

None of this "backing into the playoffs" garbage.

All League
    [QUOTE=Vin;3872761]To the OP and others here...

Gee...Here's a thought :

[b]WIN THE NEXT FUKIN' GAME!!![/b] :mad: :mad: :mad:

None of this "backing into the playoffs" garbage.[/QUOTE]

While I do agree that it is just pathetic if we can't beat either Buffalo or Chicago, but I couldn't care less about backing in or not. We showed what we can do backing in last year. We lead in the AFC Championship Game in the 2nd half after backing in as the Wild Card team. Just make the playoffs. Hell, the Giants, Steelers and Ravens have all showed us in the last 10 years that you can win it all if you just make it as a wild card. You just have to make it