Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken Record: Why the hell did we draft Kyle Wilson

Broken Record: Why the hell did we draft Kyle Wilson

i might sound like a broken record but I'm not MAD at all at the draft pick but the way our nickel backs are getting killed man to man can Kyle be any worse? He gets little to zero reps out there. When he's played as of late he's actually done well. If your drafting a rookie corner and you're going to bench him if he gets burned early in the season ... then why draft a rookie corner? We picked up Santonio, JT, LT and etc to win NOW ... if you knew you'd bench a rookie corner for getting burned early then why not go with a pass rusher or real athletic line backer. There were plenty available and one's that would really excel in our system more than they are producing for the teams they currently play for. I'm just confused as to what the hell Kyle doesn't even get a chance in man to man situations .... he can't possibly do any worse than the guys that get picked on now.

He played a decent amount today and didn't get thrown on outside of the big incompletion on 3rd down in the 4th quarter.

It's our LBers and Safeties that get thrown on generally. Revis/Cro/Coleman are all solid.

[QUOTE=Wallace Wright;3872363]He played a decent amount today and didn't get thrown on outside of the big incompletion on 3rd down in the 4th quarter.

It's our LBers and Safeties that get thrown on generally. Revis/Cro/Coleman are all solid.[/QUOTE]

dude i was checking for him on every passing down before and after the play. Drew Coleman was in there 95% of the time as well as Cole. I might be wrong but defensively he MIGHT have played 2 snaps defensively. Can anybody else chime in. I could be wrong but I thoroughly looked for Kyle and he was never on the field. He played special teams a bunch ... not to be sarcastic or trying to offend you but do you think you're confusing him with Cole?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3872346]i might sound like a broken record but I'm not MAD at all at the draft pick but the way our nickel backs are getting killed man to man can Kyle be any worse? He gets little to zero reps out there. When he's played as of late he's actually done well. If your drafting a rookie corner and you're going to bench him if he gets burned early in the season ... then why draft a rookie corner? We picked up Santonio, JT, LT and etc to win NOW ... if you knew you'd bench a rookie corner for getting burned early then why not go with a pass rusher or real athletic line backer. There were plenty available and one's that would really excel in our system more than they are producing for the teams they currently play for. I'm just confused as to what the hell Kyle doesn't even get a chance in man to man situations .... he can't possibly do any worse than the guys that get picked on now.[/QUOTE]

Not for nothing, but, Drew Coleman had a monster game today.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Wilson was in quite a bit today. He's been playing a little bit more each week since the Pats game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Buzz, make me mod.

Please!!

You are going to complain about Wilson? Really? He's a rookie. Relax.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=Ruby2;3872400]Buzz, make me mod.

Please!![/QUOTE]

You don't want this job, trust me :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3872406]You don't want this job, trust me :D[/QUOTE]

:D

Coleman was great on blitzes, but was sketchy in coverage, IMHO.

Wilson is getting better each week, and his confidence seems to be returning.

My own theory is that the Revis holdout hurt him, because it cost him the chance to get coached up on how to play the slot.

Veteran
    Coleman sucked nuts today.. aside from his two sacks. he couldnt cover a steaming pile of dookie. athough after the dookie caught the ball he could tackle it

Jets Insider VIP
    actually, with this thread after a BIG win over the Steelers, you sound more like a very gloomy and not all that smart record

2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and 10 tackles, yeah he played awful today :zzz:

[QUOTE=sandz;3872414]Coleman sucked nuts today.. aside from his two sacks. he couldnt cover a steaming pile of dookie. athough after the dookie caught the ball he could tackle it[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    [QUOTE=boywonder28;3872423]2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and 10 tackles, yeah he played awful today :zzz:[/QUOTE]

wow someone can read stats... does it say how many 1st downs he gave up on 3rd and long? the only thing he did well was blitz.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sandz;3872462]wow someone can read stats... does it say how many 1st downs he gave up on 3rd and long? the only thing he did well was blitz.[/QUOTE]

Many of the 3rd and longs it seemed that a Jets LB got beat.

[QUOTE=escamoter2;3872402]You are going to complain about Wilson? Really? He's a rookie. Relax.[/QUOTE]

dont worry in a few year if and when he pans out we will all have to hear these same cry babies telling us I told you so.
    The guy is a rookie give he a f ing chance.

Banned
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3872389]Not for nothing, but, Drew Coleman had a monster game today.[/QUOTE]

He had two plays on Roethlisberger, but he was absolutely terrible in coverage.

That said Wilson's a rookie who hasn't had to play regularly. He'll be fine.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=sandz;3872462]wow someone can read stats... does it say how many 1st downs he gave up on 3rd and long? the only thing he did well was blitz.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, not that many, the Steelers scored a whopping 17 points.

[QUOTE=boywonder28;3872423]2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and 10 tackles, yeah he played awful today :zzz:[/QUOTE]

He can hit and sack, but coverage is weak. He'd make a great linebacker if he was bigger.