Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chicago...........anybody going?

Chicago...........anybody going?

Jets @ Chicago Sunday, December 26.

Who's going?

Veteran
    I went to Detroit and would love to go to Soldier Field because I have never been to a game there. However, Bears tickets are really expensive. They are among the highest in football. Lodging there is also not cheap. Chicago is an awesome city though. AWESOME. The cost is too high for me but I highly recommend making the trip for those who can. Did I mention Chicago is awesome?
    Last edited by RoadFan; 12-19-2010 at 10:48 PM.

Go to Chicago all of the time. Never been to Soldier Field though. Would like to go there and Green Bay.

All League
    I'll be at Soldier Field next week. Considering the date, I'm pretty sure that I'll one of a limited few Jets fans in attendance.

All League
    I'll be in Soldier. Leaving Christmas night with some cousins, all Bears fans. Can't wait.

All League
    [QUOTE=iahawkeyejet;3872602]I'll be in Soldier. Leaving Christmas night with some cousins, all Bears fans. Can't wait.[/QUOTE]

Do you have tailgate plans, or are you guys just going to hit the South Loop bars before the game.

All League
    [QUOTE=TerryBadway;3872610]Do you have tailgate plans, or are you guys just going to hit the South Loop bars before the game.[/QUOTE]

It's sounding like the bars is the preferred choice of the group so far, but we haven't decided yet.

If the weather doesn't get insanely miserable(which it sounds like it might not be too bad), things could change. We are staying within a mile of the Stadium, so we should have some options I would think.

You going to be rocking Jets gear? The last time I was in Soldier was for a college game, and the only other time was when I was a kid with my dad and uncle who are Bears fans. I'll be interested to see how Bears fans treat visitors.

Veteran
    We all may have to go a game sometime considering I'm probably moving there next year. I won't know a single person.

Edit**

except my wife.

All League
    [QUOTE=iahawkeyejet;3872623]It's sounding like the bars is the preferred choice of the group so far, but we haven't decided yet.

If the weather doesn't get insanely miserable(which it sounds like it might not be too bad), things could change. We are staying within a mile of the Stadium, so we should have some options I would think.

You going to be rocking Jets gear? The last time I was in Soldier was for a college game, and the only other time was when I was a kid with my dad and uncle who are Bears fans. I'll be interested to see how Bears fans treat visitors.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, It'll be the wife and I, and we will be rocking Jets gear. I get crap for rocking my Jets (or Yankees) gear to the Jets bar on Sundays, so I'm assuming that we will be razzed pretty hard at the stadium (They really carry the 2nd city chip on their shoulders).

Let me know if decide to hit up the bars, and we'll be happy to join you.

All League
    [QUOTE=ubrnostrum;3872628]We all may have to go a game sometime considering I'm probably moving there next year. I won't know a single person.

Edit**

except my wife.[/QUOTE]

We just got a Jets bar here in Wrigleyville this season. Not a huge crowd, but we get about 20-30 of the faithful in there every Sunday. Looking forward to having you join us next year.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=TerryBadway;3872691]We just got a Jets bar here in Wrigleyville this season. Not a huge crowd, but we get about 20-30 of the faithful in there every Sunday. Looking forward to having you join us next year.[/QUOTE]

Excellent.

Waterboy
    [QUOTE=TerryBadway;3872679]Yeah, It'll be the wife and I, and we will be rocking Jets gear. I get crap for rocking my Jets (or Yankees) gear to the Jets bar on Sundays, so I'm assuming that we will be razzed pretty hard at the stadium (They really carry the 2nd city chip on their shoulders).

Let me know if decide to hit up the bars, and we'll be happy to join you.[/QUOTE]

They tried to give me crap, but they basically ignored me when we were up by 33 at the half. The fools in my section, 110, were more concerned with yelling at the Patriot players than me.

RE: The 2nd city, you know that nickname has nothing to do with NYC, right?

SSDD

All League
    [QUOTE=SEPatsFan;3872771]RE: The 2nd city, you know that nickname has nothing to do with NYC, right?

SSDD[/QUOTE]

Yup! Just like the windy city nickname has nothing to do with wind :yes:

That being said, the folks here are very critical of anything regarding New York.

Waterboy
    [QUOTE=TerryBadway;3872780]Yup! Just like the windy city nickname has nothing to do with wind :yes:

That being said, the folks here are very critical of anything regarding New York.[/QUOTE]

I guess that is why I fit in! :p

SSDD

All Pro
    Looking forward to all the Green and White wearing folks this Sunday. See you all there.

McCormick South Lot is the best tailgaiting spot. It's the furthest from the stadium (2 min bus shuttle to the stadium) but it's the best tailgaiting. Not the Posh / Booszy crap.

Regards,

ILJETSFAN

[IMG]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4133/tailgaiting1.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    McCormick South Lot is the best tailgaiting spot. It's the furthest from the stadium (2 min bus shuttle to the stadium) but it's the best tailgaiting. Not the Posh / Booszy crap.

Regards,

ILJETSFAN

[IMG]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6883/tailgaiting2.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Looking at the map around Soldier Field, its evident that we are very spoiled when it comes to parking/tailgating. I'm guessing that any tailgating spot (think I read this somewhere too) comes at a premium and there are not nearly enough spots for people who want them.

We may get annoyed at the seemingly random closure of entrances, etc. at the new stadium, but if we so desire, we all can easily get a parking pass off of ticketexchange for a very small premium, and have no trouble parking in a stadium lot and tailgating.

We take that for granted, for sure. You think of Chicago and envision people grilling up brats as far as the eye can see, but the reality of it is that the parking is very complicated. I think we have one of the better parking situations in the league.

Hall Of Fame
    Man I miss Chicago
    Last edited by Timmy®; 12-20-2010 at 09:27 AM.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=ubrnostrum;3872628]We all may have to go a game sometime considering I'm probably moving there next year. I won't know a single person.

Edit**

except my wife.[/QUOTE]

Did you get yelled at for this post?