Thread: Meadowlands Contingency Plan?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Meadowlands Contingency Plan?

[B]Meadowlands Contingency Plan?[/B]

It's been a rough season for the Vikings and their fans-- one win away from the Super Bowl a year ago, to another summer of Brett's waffling, to a Fall full of disappointments, injuries, finger-pointing and embarassments. The culmination of it all-- the roof of their stadium collapses and they have to scramble to play a "home game" at the University of Minnesota on Monday night. The fans are asked to come shovel out the stadium themselves. They're calling for game time temps to be around 5-10 degrees with a 50% chance of snow. Parking and traffic is expected to be a nightmare. Ticketholders will be allowed into the stadium at 4pm if they have lower level Metrodome tix to sit wherever they want. Upper level seatholders will be let in at 5:30 but can only sit upstairs. There are about 13,000 fewer seats in the Gophers stadium so there will be a few folks literaly left out in the cold. And to add insult to injury the stadium and campus are dry! It sounds like a once in a lifetime experience but it would get old real quick if they had to play more than once at the temporary field.

What do you think the Jets would do in the event the Meadowlands was unavailable?

Yankee Stadium? Citi Field? Rutgers? Yale?

And how would the team handle the tickets?

Do you think they have a contingency plan in place or will soon given this situation?

Would you grab a shovel and volunteer to dig out the stands so the Jets could play?

Veteran
    Clark University, by way of West Orange, NJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would assume that the Meadowlands stadium is built to handle large amounts of snow and has sophisticated heating on the field. The field at the University of Minnesota isn't designed to host games after late November, so I think you're comparing apples and oranges.

I don't think there's a conceivable scenario where the Meadowlands wouldn't be available but football would still be played.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Looch;3872640]Would you grab a shovel and volunteer to dig out the stands so the Jets could play?[/QUOTE]

I don't even shovel my own driveway.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    :huh:

Don't tell me the NM roof caved in?

Some folks just want one so they could see a NCAA FF with binoculars.
    I don't need no tags on my non-PSL seat, nosiree!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Looch;3872640][B]Meadowlands Contingency Plan?[/B]

It's been a rough season for the Vikings and their fans-- one win away from the Super Bowl a year ago, to another summer of Brett's waffling, to a Fall full of disappointments, injuries, finger-pointing and embarassments. The culmination of it all-- the roof of their stadium collapses and they have to scramble to play a "home game" at the University of Minnesota on Monday night. The fans are asked to come shovel out the stadium themselves. They're calling for game time temps to be around 5-10 degrees with a 50% chance of snow. Parking and traffic is expected to be a nightmare. Ticketholders will be allowed into the stadium at 4pm if they have lower level Metrodome tix to sit wherever they want. Upper level seatholders will be let in at 5:30 but can only sit upstairs. There are about 13,000 fewer seats in the Gophers stadium so there will be a few folks literaly left out in the cold. And to add insult to injury the stadium and campus are dry! It sounds like a once in a lifetime experience but it would get old real quick if they had to play more than once at the temporary field.

What do you think the Jets would do in the event the Meadowlands was unavailable?

Yankee Stadium? Citi Field? Rutgers? Yale?

And how would the team handle the tickets?

Do you think they have a contingency plan in place or will soon given this situation?

Would you grab a shovel and volunteer to dig out the stands so the Jets could play?[/QUOTE]

Install a field at the Javits Center and off you go. :D Just joking.

Bad weather is not likely to ever prevent a game at NMS unless travel became so bad in the NY Metro area that all possible NY metro venues were shut down for similar reasons. The closest indoor facility would be the Carrier Dome, but they tend to get worse weather than NYC.

If all else failed, we would probably see a game in Indy or Detroit.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Looch;3872640][B]Meadowlands Contingency Plan?[/B]

Would you grab a shovel and volunteer to dig out the stands so the Jets could play?[/QUOTE]
    In the past Giants Stadium has paid fans to dig out the stadium.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jman21;3873245]In the past Giants Stadium has paid fans to dig out the stadium.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think I remember such a situation.