Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REX RYAN POST GAME- "The same ol Jets....

Veteran

REX RYAN POST GAME- "The same ol Jets....

Rex in the post game presser-" The same ol Jets came down and got a win in Pittsburgh"

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!! :clapper::rockon::rockon::rockon::clapper:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Epic. A big middle finger to the fans sniveling about our season. The team played hard today, first ever win at Pittsburgh, that's all on Rex.

LOL. Thanks Rex!!

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3872671]Epic. A big middle finger to the fans sniveling about our season. The team played hard today, first ever win at Pittsburgh, that's all on Rex.[/QUOTE]

Ok, but that avoids the issue. There have definitely been things to "snivel" about of late. And even then we were one uncalled pass interference away from losing it. Don't get me wrong, it was a great win and I think we deserved it, but the question marks being raised about this team are entirely fair.

All League
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3872676]LOL. Thanks Rex!![/QUOTE]

+1 The Jets came back and answered the bell with a big win in a hostile enviorment.

Are they perfect? Ofcourse not, no team is. The Jets have their faults like everyone else, but really 10-4 with our 2nd yr QB and HC, cant really complain.

Just get us in that tournament and Anything Can Happen! :yes:

Rex still need to learn humility--I'm tired of his childish victimization obsession.

Rex should clinch a playoff berth before flexing his blubbermouth at anyone.

He's forgetting that he's the one who promised the world Super Bowl XLV and it's still highly improbable.

[QUOTE=rextilleon;3872790]Rex still need to learn humility--I'm tired of his childish victimization obsession.[/QUOTE]

What did he say tonight that showed "no humility"? The Jets traveled to Pittsburgh and beat a team very few people thought they'd beat. Please don't try and tell me that most on ESPN and the like didn't pile on the Jets this past week, big time ...

You know what? I'm tired of this whole "we need to be humble and just keep our mouths shut" BS. First of all, I think the Jets supposed trash talk is WAAAY overblown. Secondly, this is football. Entertainment. For fun. I'm glad other teams and their fans hate us ... good ... that way, when we win, it makes it more fun to ridicule and "hate" em back. F them. F Patriot fan, and Dolphin fan, and the whole crew.

[QUOTE=innerjet;3872794]Rex should clinch a playoff berth before flexing his blubbermouth at anyone.

He's forgetting that he's the one who promised the world Super Bowl XLV and it's still highly improbable.[/QUOTE]

See? This is another untrue statement. When did Rex Ryan promise anyone that the Jets were going to win the Super Bowl this year??? (Crickets) Because he never did.
    I suppose some of you would like a coach who tosses out cliches at every turn and acts scared. F that. If you think your team is better, then say that. Period. It doesn't mean you're arrogant, it doesn't mean it's necessarily true -- it just means that you THINK your team is better. Oh, the horror!!!!
    To actually state that you think your team is the best.

Damn, this guy is about to take a team to the playoffs his first two years in the league with a QB that has TONS to learn, yet. But yeah, he needs to keep his mouth shut.

[QUOTE=FreemanMC;3872852]What did he say tonight that showed "no humility"? The Jets traveled to Pittsburgh and beat a team very few people thought they'd beat. Please don't try and tell me that most on ESPN and the like didn't pile on the Jets this past week, big time ...

You know what? I'm tired of this whole "we need to be humble and just keep our mouths shut" BS. First of all, I think the Jets supposed trash talk is WAAAY overblown. Secondly, this is football. Entertainment. For fun. I'm glad other teams and their fans hate us ... good ... that way, when we win, it makes it more fun to ridicule and "hate" em back. F them. F Patriot fan, and Dolphin fan, and the whole crew.[/QUOTE]

I agree Rex does a great job for the most part. This team really doesn't have any business beating a team like Pittsburgh.... The coaching staff won this game for us... He can talk...

Jets Insider VIP
    REX, is right. Im sick of the SOJ crap. Love his sarcasm. Eff the world if they cant take a joke.

[QUOTE=PaPZ187;3872765]+1 The Jets came back and answered the bell with a big win in a hostile enviorment.

Are they perfect? Ofcourse not, no team is. The Jets have their faults like everyone else, but really 10-4 with our 2nd yr QB and HC, cant really complain.

Just get us in that tournament and Anything Can Happen! :yes:[/QUOTE]

+1

Rookie
    Rex is Da man. How do you quit on a team that was 9-4 at the time, epic fail by many Jet fans over the past two weeks. Check the predict the score thread, I called 20-17, gang green. Lots of Football left boys, at least we aren't peaking in November and December like another AFC powerhouse.

Worm

All League
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;3872790]Rex still need to learn humility--I'm tired of his childish victimization obsession.[/QUOTE]

probably one of the more humble, self deprecating guys to ever step up to a podium.

believing in his team is not conceit.

All League
    [QUOTE=innerjet;3872794]Rex should clinch a playoff berth before flexing his blubbermouth at anyone.

He's forgetting that he's the one who promised the world Super Bowl XLV and it's still highly improbable.[/QUOTE]

[I]promise[/I] link?

If you are tired of it now, I have news for you, get a pillow....this will never change until he is out of the league...Rex has said it many times, this is who he is....The Jets realized this, gave him a shot and now they are on the verge of the second straight playoff appearance in his first two years...

FreemanMac said it as well, I think a lot of this "chatter" is overblown as well...I don't remember even Bart Scott providing any type of bulletin board material or anything like that. This is to me a very quiet team with a coach who takes great pride on his team's accomplishments and isn't afraid to share it...Hell in three weeks I am ready for "three home teams win and the fu****n Jets!

[QUOTE=FreemanMC;3872864]See? This is another untrue statement. When did Rex Ryan promise anyone that the Jets were going to win the Super Bowl this year??? (Crickets) Because he never did.

Damn, this guy is about to take a team to the playoffs his first two years in the league with a QB that has TONS to learn, yet. But yeah, he needs to keep his mouth shut.[/QUOTE]

Well, in that case, I didn't exactly [i]promise[/i] either - that Rex promised anything ... hyuk hyuk. What's a promise then?

Also, I never said we'd "win" it, just get there. Yeah, "See?" Talk about stretching words ...

Maybe "promise" is an exaggeration I admit, but not by much. There's a pretty fine line:

[QUOTE][SIZE="4"]Rex Ryan: We’re a Super Bowl team because of Mark Sanchez[/SIZE]

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 6, 2010, 8:44 AM EST

Jets coach Rex Ryan is full of nothing but modesty about himself leading into tonight’s matchup with the Patriots.

And in an interview with ESPN’s Mike Tirico, Ryan made a particularly bold statement about his quarterback, Mark Sanchez.

“My guy’s going to have some rings on his finger too, I believe,” Ryan said of comparisons between his quarterback and Tom Brady.

And Ryan said that Sanchez isn’t just a young player along for the ride on a talented team.

“[b]The reason we’re a Super Bowl team[/b] is because we have him playing quarterback,” Ryan said. “That’s how I look at it.”

Ryan said he believes the Jets are simply a better, more talented team than the Patriots.

“If you say the best coach will win, then Belichick will beat us,” Ryan said. “But if you look at the best team, that’s what I’m banking on. I think I have the best team.”

Asked about the Patriots’ mindset heading into tonight’s game, Ryan said, “I think they’re concerned. They should be concerned.”[/QUOTE]

We all know how fugly that night ended.

Yeah, he [i]should[/i] zip it more often, IMO. Win first, talk later.

[QUOTE=stanner;3873024][B]probably one of the more humble, self deprecating guys to ever step up to a podium.[/B]
    believing in his team is not conceit.[/QUOTE]

You can't be fukin serious.......no way are you serious.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=innerjet;3873762]Well, in that case, I didn't exactly [i]promise[/i] either - that Rex promised anything ... hyuk hyuk. What's a promise then?

Also, I never said we'd "win" it, just get there. Yeah, "See?" Talk about stretching words ...

Maybe "promise" is an exaggeration I admit, but not by much. There's a pretty fine line:

We all know how fugly that night ended.
    [B]
    Yeah, he [i]should[/i] zip it more often, IMO. Win first, talk later.[/B][/QUOTE]

Only Jet fans should have the right to spew whatever crap they feel like..:yes:

[QUOTE=JohnnyJet;3872895]REX, is right. Im sick of the SOJ crap. Love his sarcasm. Eff the world if they cant take a joke.[/QUOTE]

+1 Any Jet fan who's not on board is an FFFing A- Hole