Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Watching Francesa Tonight...

[QUOTE=copernicus;3872817]Watching him go over the Giants game. I couldnt believe Deshawn Jackson on that last play not running straight into the endzone.[/QUOTE]

He was making sure there was no time left on the clock. It was actually a heads up thing to do.

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3872863]He was making sure there was no time left on the clock. It was actually a heads up thing to do.[/QUOTE]

But his reputation won't save him from being thrown under the bus by Giant fans. But who cares as long as the Giants lose.

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3872863]He was making sure there was no time left on the clock. It was actually a heads up thing to do.[/QUOTE]

Really? If he trips and falls on the 1 yard line or gets blindsided and tackled on the 1 or loses the football, one hundred percent selfish thing to do, nothing is guaranteed until you are in the end zone.

[QUOTE=www.mikefrancesa.com;3872870]Really? If he trips and falls on the 1 yard line or gets blindsided and tackled on the 1 or loses the football, one hundred percent selfish thing to do, nothing is guaranteed until you are in the end zone.[/QUOTE]

There was no one there to blindside him, and he rarely trips and falls.

I guess a meteor could have fallen from the sky and knocked the ball out of his hand.

Yeah he looked back before running the line on the end zone, he ran the clock completely out so it was definitely a heads up play.

Jets Insider VIP
    same ol fat mike

Jets Insider VIP
    Cliff Lee to the Phillies, Jets win and Big Blew another one. They'd be worried at the station about Franchesca finding a ledge to jump off but since he can't walk the stairs to the roof....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3872871]There was no one there to blindside him, and he rarely trips and falls.

I guess a meteor could have fallen from the sky and knocked the ball out of his hand.[/QUOTE]

Or he could have forgotten where he was and spiked the ball before scoring.

It was him hot dogging it.

Scoring with one or two seconds on the clock wouldn't have changed a thing.

[QUOTE=www.mikefrancesa.com;3872870]Really? If he trips and falls on the 1 yard line or gets blindsided and tackled on the 1 or loses the football, one hundred percent selfish thing to do, nothing is guaranteed until you are in the end zone.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;3872970]Or he could have forgotten where he was and spiked the ball before scoring.

Scoring with one or two seconds on the clock wouldn't have changed a thing.[/QUOTE]

All I remember are the people raving about how smart Brandon Stokely was for running out the clock when the Broncos beat the Bengals in Week 1 last year.

Jackson also made a smart play, but because of his reputation people will react to it differently.

All League
    You guys are the reason he's still on the air. He's got you...hook, line, and sinker. If you want to shut him up, stop listening and turn on 1050.

All League
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3872970]Or he could have forgotten where he was and spiked the ball before scoring.

Scoring with one or two seconds on the clock wouldn't have changed a thing.[/QUOTE]

That Jenkins video in your sig is SICK. It's easy to forget how different this team would look without the injuries this year to Jenkins, Pituasdfauiaosdfu and now Woody and Leonhard.

Veteran

[B]Scoring with one or two seconds on the clock wouldn't have changed a thing[/B].[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not like a kickoff could be returned for a TD or anything.:rolleyes:

It was a very smart play, well done to the kid.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3872871]There was no one there to blindside him, and he rarely trips and falls.

[B]I guess a meteor could have fallen from the sky and knocked the ball out of his hand.[/B][/QUOTE]

LOL! What if a squirrel had ran onto the field? Or maybe a classless Vagiant fan might've thrown something that hits him in the eye, rendering him blind and he pulls a Jim Marshall! Soooooo many possibilities!

Heads-up play by the kid. :yes:

Fatcessa was very rude to Ira on his sunday morning show the past 2 weeks, directing his hate to all Jet fans. Accawdin to my sauces Mike will be tawkin bout hauces today.

[QUOTE=JB1089;3872972]All I remember are the people raving about how smart Brandon Stokely was for running out the clock when the Broncos beat the Bengals in Week 1 last year.

Jackson also made a smart play, but because of his reputation people will react to it differently.[/QUOTE]

+ 1
    He does have that showboat quality but it was smart to make sure the game was OVER

Truly looking forward to the show today.

Giants lost in the worst fashion possible and the Jets won against a team that nobody can question.

And I don't see how the Giants beat the Packers next week either. Packers are a damn good team.

It's a shame too because if Coughlin is fired and Cowher is hired, Justin Tuck will become pretty much useless. He fits nowhere in a 3-4 scheme. I do hope Cowher can get Lebeau over from Pitt though.

Jets Insider VIP
    I hate Francesca like the rest of you but the Giants' epic collapse HAS TO BE the lead story in any NY sports media outlet: newspaper, radio, internet, TV, etc.

So, of course, Francesca has to lead with the Giants' debacle. It was literally historic.

please stop.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JB1089;3872972]All I remember are the people raving about how smart Brandon Stokely was for running out the clock when the Broncos beat the Bengals in Week 1 last year.

Jackson also made a smart play, but because of his reputation people will react to it differently.[/QUOTE]

The clock had already expired by that time. Anyone else notice how he was looping back away from the goal line? Jackson has to be a little nutty. The clock is expired, just get in the end zone and then celebrate however the hell you want to.

[QUOTE=NYJ37/12;3873251]please stop.[/QUOTE]

Stop what?

Whether he was doing it for showboating reasons or whatever, he did the right thing.

So the Giants couldn't return a kickoff there? Because it's impossible right?