Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Watching Francesa Tonight...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike D;3872835]I love calling in to his show..

This passed Friday..

Mike From Jersey:

"Hey Mike, Happy Hanukah, Mike let me ask you a question, could you beat Rex Ryan in a 40 yard dash"...click.[/QUOTE]

That was great!:D

Then, he plays it off and starts talking about it seriously, referring to his knee surgeries etc. :rolleyes:

Guaranteed one of his lackies took a tongue lashing for that, he was in a foul mood. Didnt he open the show yelling at his producer for moving around in the booth?

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3873221]Truly looking forward to the show today.

Giants lost in the worst fashion possible and the Jets won against a team that nobody can question.

[/QUOTE]

One thing Fatty knows is when guys tune in expecting him to act a certain way. He'll play off the Giant loss, and minimize the Jet victory.

Book it.:yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ikazippy;3872869]But his reputation won't save him from being thrown under the bus by Giant fans. But who cares as long as the Giants lose.[/QUOTE]

His reputation got him the bs penalty last week in the night game for diving into the end zone....this guy is a showboat but really is a hell of a talent....little guy but has just killed the giants and a lot of other teams since he has been in this league

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    one thing I'll never understand

WHY would ANY Jet fan listen to this fat pompous barrel of lard?

It only helps his ratings and keeps him on the air. He hates the Jets (since his girlfriend quit as Coach and GM) and he exploits and uses ANY jet fan who listens to him for purpose of getting ratings.

TURN THE FAT TURD OFF, for godsake

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3873337]one thing I'll never understand

WHY would ANY Jet fan listen to this fat pompous barrel of lard?

[/QUOTE]

The same reason I read your posts lecturing other Jet fans about how to be Jet fans every day. Why, I just saw you lecturing someone who asked an innocent question about playoff tickets just a moment ago...

:rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigJet85;3872827]I wouldnt even bother he sucks and just puts me in an awful mood when i hear his fat voice.[/QUOTE]

this couldn't be more true....Francessa is a very negative guy- He's just a jerk. Even if you're a Yankee/Giants fan...he can't have many friends

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3872970]Or he could have forgotten where he was and spiked the ball before scoring.

It was him hot dogging it.

Scoring with one or two seconds on the clock wouldn't have changed a thing.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I mean if there's a second or two left on the clock, they just need to kick off. How often do you see a game end on a kick return for a TD? :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3873263]

One thing Fatty knows is when guys tune in expecting him to act a certain way. He'll play off the Giant loss, and minimize the Jet victory.

Book it.:yes:[/QUOTE]

exactly- you watch, he'll have a concillatory tone towards big blew today; he'll rip them but won't mock them as he would were it the Jets that collapsed yesterday....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;3873400]this couldn't be more true....Francessa is a very negative guy- He's just a jerk. Even if you're a Yankee/Giants fan...he can't have many friends[/QUOTE]

he's the greatest guy. Best father, husband, radio guy... JUST ASK HIM!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3873263]One thing Fatty knows is when guys tune in expecting him to act a certain way. He'll play off the Giant loss, and minimize the Jet victory.

Book it.:yes:[/QUOTE]

"It was a loss for the Giants. The Giants had a bad game, and they lost. No biggie, ogay? They lost, only one game. Only one game they lost. Ogay?

Now, the Jets, they were lucky to have beaten Pitt. Shouldn't have won. Lucky breaks, non-calls, ogay? Played awful. Sanchez is garbage................"

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3873511]exactly- you watch, he'll have a concillatory tone towards big blew today; he'll rip them but won't mock them as he would were it the Jets that collapsed yesterday....[/QUOTE]

His bias against the Jets was clear in his handling of the Alosi affair. One minute he slams them for ruining his career by making him the fall guy, the next moment he says that NOBODY in the NFL believes that he acted alone. Well, which is it you nitwit?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    When did this all start, btw? I think Woody & Tannenbaum pulled all access to players and coaches from FAN (more specifically from his show) but I can't remember why, and Fatso alluded to it on his show last week.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;3873621]When did this all start, btw? I think Woody & Tannenbaum pulled all access to players and coaches from FAN (more specifically from his show) but I can't remember why, and Fatso alluded to it on his show last week.[/QUOTE]

After they beat the COlts last year. He was "outraged" that Rex went from joking about the Colts giving them an xmas present to boasting about the win.

He was so over the top about it, I guess it got back to the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bentonjetsfan;3873611]His bias against the Jets was clear in his handling of the Alosi affair. One minute he slams them for ruining his career by making him the fall guy, the next moment he says that NOBODY in the NFL believes that he acted alone. Well, which is it you nitwit?[/QUOTE]

Alosi affair? not to be offensive bro but you're about 23 years late ....

fatcessa ripped into the Jets after they beat big blew and knocked them out of the playoffs in '88 claiming they played above their heads- wasn't big blews fault...

he told dick steinberg during the pete carroll press conference he wished he (steinberg) had been fired....

his attitude and interviews with steve gutman (not a favorite of mine either) in the mid 90's was nothing less than disgusting....if any interviewer handled themselves the way fatcessa did in many of those gutman interviews in they would've have been suspended, if not fired....

he used to refer to Leon Hess as "Mr Magoo"....of course once parcells took over that tone changed completely....

to be completely honest i'd rather fatcessa keep hating the Jets- just makes winning that more enjoyable....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3873641]he used to refer to Leon Hess as "Mr Magoo"....of course once parcells took over that tone changed completely....[/QUOTE]

"Mr. Magoo" quickly became "Mr. Hess"....

It was laughably transparent.

Nice history lesson for the youngins.
    Last edited by Phoenixx; 12-20-2010 at 03:03 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3873638]After they beat the COlts last year. He was "outraged" that Rex went from joking about the Colts giving them an xmas present to boasting about the win.

He was so over the top about it, I guess it got back to the Jets.[/QUOTE]

He was over the top complaining about Rex and the Jets way before the Colts game.:yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn't be surprised if he did 2 hours on another Mickey Mantle book before getting to the Jets game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike D;3872835]I love calling in to his show..

This passed Friday..

Mike From Jersey:

"Hey Mike, Happy Hanukah, Mike let me ask you a question, could you beat Rex Ryan in a 40 yard dash"...click.[/QUOTE]

i actually heard that!! he tried to take high road by saying he has bad knees so rex would win!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3873662]He was over the top complaining about Rex and the Jets way before the Colts game.:yes:[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but that is the point where Mike says he got cut off from player access.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is already crying about if the Bears win tonight, then their last game vs. Packers would be meaningless for them and if GB beats the NYG then it is not fair and of course the Jets can catch a break if the bears win tonight....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Flagman5A;3873838]He is already crying about if the Bears win tonight, then their last game vs. Packers would be meaningless for them and if GB beats the NYG then it is not fair and of course the Jets can catch a break if the bears win tonight....[/QUOTE]

If the Bears win out...they get the #2 seed in the NFC..

I assume, to just about everyone but Mikey, that would be worth playing for