Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally the proof of what the offensive players..

Finally the proof of what the offensive players..

Finally here is proof that the offensive players DO NOT believe in Shotty playcalling. Here is the article on ESPN after the win against the Steelers. The aticle is to long so I just inserted the part relevant to this post:
    [I]
    [SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Jets receiver Jerricho Cotchery marveled at the offense Sunday. He said he and right guard Brandon Moore at one point locked eyes in the huddle, amazed at the calls Schottenheimer was making and the personnel packages he was inserting. There was a palpable rhythm to the offense, Cotchery noted.

"It was the 'Six and Schotty Show,' " Cotchery said. Sanchez wears No. 6. [/FONT][/SIZE][/I]
    So fellow Jets fans, you know if the players are wondering what the HELL is Shotty calling, u know its evident

Ummm....are you serious?

What's the point of making this thread? It's basically saying that they were amazed(IN A POSITIVE WAY, "Genius") at Schotty's playcalling.

The tone of this thread seems to attempt to make it sound like the players were pooh-poohing Schotty or something....

[QUOTE=Vin;3872892]Ummm....are you serious?

What's the point of making this thread? It's basically saying that they were amazed(IN A POSITIVE WAY, "Genius") at Schotty's playcalling.

The tone of this thread seems to attempt to make it sound like the players were pooh-poohing Schotty or something....[/QUOTE]

Yes they were amazed he was making calls that made sense becasue he normally DOESNT!!! It's proof that Shotty didnt/doesnt have the confidence of his offensive players

The tone of this thread seems to attempt to make it sound like the players were pooh-poohing Schotty or something....[/QUOTE]

They were amazed because the offense has been utter **** for 4 seasons :yes:

Cotch was flabbergasted we actually had a rhythm and a normal offense :eek:

Fire schitty.

A CSI thread.

Jets Insider VIP

Wow. Talk about missing the (obvious) point.

When I think about it, it is probably the first time the WRs were this involved. Unfortunately, Keller wasn't involved enough still.

All Pro
    and what amazes me is all the accolades being thrown Schottenheimer's way after only managing ONE FRIGGING OFFENSIVE TD

[QUOTE=SoFlaJets;3873033]and what amazes me is all the accolades being thrown Schottenheimer's way after only managing ONE FRIGGING OFFENSIVE TD[/QUOTE]

It's a big step for him.

[QUOTE=SoFlaJets;3873033]and what amazes me is all the accolades being thrown Schottenheimer's way after only managing ONE FRIGGING OFFENSIVE TD[/QUOTE]

You think we won that game because our D couldn't get off the field all game?

We didn't turn the ball over, we got field position back in our favor all game long. We scored in the redzone. The O did enough to win on the road against a very tough Defensive team in tough conditions.

What amazes me is after a legit win against a good team so much of our fan base is agenda driven.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 12-20-2010 at 08:18 AM.

Amazing playcalling led to just 22 points? I'm not sure what's worth debating here.

[QUOTE=S.I. Patsfan;3873055]Amazing playcalling led to just 22 points? I'm not sure what's worth debating here.[/QUOTE]

13. Def/ST had 9.

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;3873064]13. Def/ST had 9.[/QUOTE]

Good point. The idea that somehow the jets offense is out of the woods and that the jets are "back on track!" is a perfectly reasonable talking point for REX to bring up -- especially his defense of a young, emotionally fragile QB -- and it really was a MASSIVE victory for the jets. But the idea that all is well in the land of offense is just plain silly. And I really think the jets should be a bigger threat with the ball. You guys have a LOT of weapons. Maybe you hit stride in time for the post-season, though.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3873052]

What amazes me is after a legit win against a good team so much of our fan base is agenda driven.[/QUOTE]

I mean how DARE you people have an agenda hoping to improve this team!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3873052]
    What amazes me is after a legit win against a good team so much of our fan base is agenda driven.[/QUOTE]
    [IMG]http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/09/10/bacon_2.jpg[/IMG]

ALL IS WELL!!!!!!!@!

Banned
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;3873097]I mean how DARE you people have an agenda hoping to improve this team![/QUOTE]

We're SOJF's. We should be happy after every win, even if the team looks like sh*t doing it.

Sunshine, rainbows and unicorns. All is well in Jetland :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;3873122]We're SOJF's. We should be happy after every win, even if the team looks like sh*t doing it.

Sunshine, rainbows and unicorns. All is well in Jetland :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I'm convinced there are Jets fans that never want to actually see this team go to the next level. They'd be eternally happy with 8-10 wins and early playoff exits. Just so they can continue to complain about it.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;3873133]I'm convinced there are Jets fans that never want to actually see this team go to the next level. They'd be eternally happy with 8-10 wins and early playoff exits. Just so they can continue to complain about it.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Jets fans want and deserve a team like the one Rex promised this team would be. And so far the team hasn't lived up to expectations - his or ours. After 40+ years we have earned the right to expect the team to be consistently good, since we've been consistently bad for many, many years. See the difference?

the offense did about as well as can be expected yesterday... and they were good enough to win. that's all that matters

10 win teams don't fire their OC's.

if you don't like it, go root for the giants they are gonna fire some people this year.

Lets hope that Shoddy can learn something from Green Bay since the playoffs go through New England.
    I think the Packers gave a nice blue print on both offense & defense.

Packers suck at running the ball but gashed the Patriots repeatedly. Unfortunately those two fullback plays on the goal line were horrible.

On defense, you have to blow up those bubble screens. Our lack of speed at linebacker & safety are the achilles tendon that Rex can't fix.

The cut back runs were KILLING the Pats. The Pats sit in that Zone, the Pack kept going underneath & the receivers, (running backs & receivers), kept going against the flow.

You just CAN NOT keep giving Brady the ball after 3 & outs, offensive ball control is the key.