Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What did the Packers do that we can't?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

What did the Packers do that we can't?

Is there anything they did against the Pats that we are just not equipped to do?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Their defense is faster, deeper in the secondary and they can put pressure on the QB without the blitz.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Their D is better at getting to the passer and the Patriots played poorly -- due, in part, to GB's good game plan, to be sure -- and had 4 key defensive players out, who will NOT be out when we play you next.

I'd be surprised if the Patriots play so badly when we face you guys next, 'though I'd also be surprised if the jets play as badly as they did when WE last met. Should be a whale of a game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bentonjetsfan;3873050]Is there anything they did against the Pats that we are just not equipped to do?[/QUOTE]

call plays, spoecifically, call plays stratgically that target an opponent's weaknesses. The Jets offense follows a pre determined "Schott-script" and doesn't roll with what the opposing defenses are doing well or poorly. It **NEVER** adjusts to the flow of the game. Never. Opposing defenses adjust easily to Schottenheimer's predictable plays and all the stupid motion designed to confuse the defense only confuses our sophomore QB... not the opposition.
    Last edited by Dcat; 12-20-2010 at 08:26 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Packers ran the ball very well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=S.I. Patsfan;3873057]Their D is better at getting to the passer and the Patriots played poorly -- due, in part, to GB's good game plan, to be sure -- and had 4 key defensive players out, who will NOT be out when we play you next.

I'd be surprised if the Patriots play so badly when we face you guys next, 'though I'd also be surprised if the jets play as badly as they did when WE last met. Should be a whale of a game.[/QUOTE]

yep. Frankly, I was surprised at the poor play of the Pats OL. Not only did Brady get knocked around, but the RBs were slammed behind the line often. Quite simply, Green Bay won the battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball and was far more physical. The pusssyesque Pats team that played last night was not the same as that which pounded the Jets 2 weeks ago.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately the GB front 7 is much better then ours....BJ Raji is turning into quite a player for them.

That being said, I saw this on another site and thought it was very evident of how poor our game plan was for the Pats game.

[I]Welker was shadowed all over the field by Charles Woodson for most of the night, so it's no surprise that he was unable to produce [/I]

Not sure why we didnt have Revis cover welker exclusively....at least it takes away Brady's number 1 choice and forces him to go elsewhere. Cro-Branch matchup would have to be worked on, but still, I dont know why Revis wasnt on him all game. Something to look at if we have to head back up there.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3873066]yep. Frankly, I was surprised at the poor play of the Pats OL. Not only did Brady get knocked around, but the RBs were slammed behind the line often. Quite simply, Green Bay won the battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball and was far more physical. The pusssyesque Pats team that played last night was not the same as that which pounded the Jets 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you. The OL was awful, even Mankins. BJ Raji is a really good player, but there was no excuse for the lack of rhythm to N.E.'s offense and it had a lot to do with being dominated up front. If they play like that against the jets in the playoffs, Rex Ryan & Co. will run away with it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=S.I. Patsfan;3873076]Totally agree with you. The OL was awful, even Mankins. BJ Raji is a really good player, but there was no excuse for the lack of rhythm to N.E.'s offense and it had a lot to do with being dominated up front. If they play like that against the jets in the playoffs, Rex Ryan & Co. will run away with it.[/QUOTE]

The Packers have a pass rush and the Jets don't. If the Jets and Pats play in the playoffs, it will be Monday night all over again.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3873090]The Packers have a pass rush and the Jets don't. If the Jets and Pats play in the playoffs, it will be Monday night all over again.[/QUOTE]

Disagree. The MNF debacle was a confluence of many events. It just wasn't the jets night. I mean, I hope you're right, but I suspect next time will be far, far more balanced.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bentonjetsfan;3873050]Is there anything they did against the Pats that we are just not equipped to do?[/QUOTE]

Nope. They lost.

We were equally equipped.

:dunno:

-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They have way more speed on their D, they actually get a pass rush from their lineman, they run better blitz packages than we do, their O line actually blocks and drive people back, their back up Qb is way more accurate than our starting Qb.........

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's so blatantly obvious. It's all about the pass rush. That is the only way to stop Brady. The Pats running game will not hurt you. But give Brady time, and he will pick you apart. We let him sit back there all day long.

If you can rush the passer, and are just capable on offense (that Pats defense can be easily exposed), this team is very beatable.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How come we lost to the Fish one week, and beat the Steelers the next? You guys are retarded. How come we beat the Pats soundly the first game? Why did the Pats lose to the Browns? Get a life, and just stop. Lets get to the playoffs and see what happens. OMG

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;3873115]How come we lost to the Fish one week, and beat the Steelers the next? You guys are retarded. How come we beat the Pats soundly the first game? Why did the Pats lose to the Browns? Get a life, and just stop. Lets get to the playoffs and see what happens. OMG[/QUOTE]

Steelers haven't been that good this year. Lots of close games against lousy teams. They should have lost to Buffalo.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=S.I. Patsfan;3873076]Totally agree with you. The OL was awful, even Mankins. BJ Raji is a really good player, but there was no excuse for the lack of rhythm to N.E.'s offense and it had a lot to do with being dominated up front. If they play like that against the jets in the playoffs, Rex Ryan & Co. will run away with it.[/QUOTE]

The Patriots offensive rhythm was affected because the Packers offense kept them on the sidelines twiddling their thumbs.
    That is the recipe for beating the Pats, Brady is a rhythm QB, you could see when the Packers didn't contol the ball & had a 3 & out, they started getting the offense rolling again.

Pats defense was exposed. Everyone was talking about how much they have improved over the last 5 weeks but it's really just about the offense. I don't know many defenses that don't look good when their offense is scoring 39 points a game.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    As many people have said here, the pass rush is a big difference. Clay Matthews was double teamed practically all night. That takes a toll on the rest of the line. While he didn't get there, it basically creates one on one matchups for everyone else.

Also, I think Connolly was out of the game after his return. I don't think he played in the second half at all. Having the 3rd string Guard in doesn't help.

I still get annoyed when I see Howard Green play for the Packers. He was a valuable player as far as being a big body. The Stillers ran that ball in on the goal line at their will - we could still use a guy like that. I understand that he basically ate himself out of a job here, but still....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our pass rush sucks because we keep dropping our best pass rushers, Taylor and Pace, into coverage. Dumbest schemes I have ever seen. How many times did they have Pace dropping back as a safety yesterday? Never seen anything like it. Worse than Kerry Rhodes blitzing from 20 yards away.

Can we please just let our pass rushers pass rush?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aside from their defense being better, the big difference I noticed was GB had their QB throwing more on the run. Whether this was by design is a whole other story, but offensively I feel that this would be a good look for the Jets going forward.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;3873145]Aside from their defense being better, the big difference I noticed was GB had their QB throwing more on the run. Whether this was by design is a whole other story, but offensively I feel that this would be a good look for the Jets going forward.[/QUOTE]

A good qb can light the Pats defense up. I have a feeling Vick will kill them in the Super Bowl-sorry to say.