Thread: Who is shelling out Playoff Ticket money?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is shelling out Playoff Ticket money?

Ok, I went through all the scenarios at this site (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs...rrentstandings) and I can manipulate the games to show the Jets as the number 1 seed but a LOT has to happen. Most times I went through the AFC games and made a best guess at who should win and it looks like the Jets are on the road each time.

So I'm thinking why should I shell out all this money for Playoff tickets if the chances are they won't have a home game. Anyone else in the same boat? Am I right to think our chances of a home playoff game are next to nothing at this point?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you use your credit card you won't have to worry about the Jets charging you anything unless a game is played.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    My understanding is that if you use a credit card, you don't get charged unless they play a home game. If that's the case, there's no reason not to "pay."

BTW, where's Buzz with his playoff calculator? What are the %'s that we'd,
    1)make the playoffs?
    2)host a game?
    3)host 2 games?
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 12-20-2010 at 10:23 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aside from being in a #5 v #6 situation, the only way we get a home game is if we win out and the Pats lose out. There's probably a 0.1% chance of that happening.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Aside from being in a #5 v #6 situation, the only way we get a home game is if we win out and the Pats lose out. There's probably a 0.1% chance of that happening.
    This.

The #5 vs #6 could only happen in the AFC Championship game so it's a very very low chance of happening. Pats losing to the phins and bills back to back is obviously also hard to imagine unfortunately.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    how many times in franchise history have our Jets made the postseason two seasons in a row?

yet, the SOJF are obsessing about declining to pay for playoff tickets even after the team tells them they won't be charged unless there is actually a home game

sad and pathetic

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    I agree that its very unlikely, but stranger things have happened in the world of sports. If someone gave me 100-1 odds, I'd gladly take it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Who said they would decline any payment? He merely asked if there was an option.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I'm thinking why should I shell out all this money for Playoff tickets if the chances are they won't have a home game.

sure sounds like thinking of declining to me

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    So it's his fault the Jets won't host a playoff game? Would he be a better fan if he sent it in last week?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let SG3 make his assumptions. I could care less.

I'm just trying to make a good informed decision on whether to shell out $1400 on my credit card right before Christmas. Just because I'm thinking of the financial situation of my family and having a good Christmas for my two little ones doesn't make me a "SOJF."

Thanks for everyone's input. If they do not charge unless there's a game then it's a no-brainer.........I'm definitely in.....just in case.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Let SG3 make his assumptions. I could care less.

I'm just trying to make a good informed decision on whether to shell out $1400 on my credit card right before Christmas. Just because I'm thinking of the financial situation of my family and having a good Christmas for my two little ones doesn't make me a "SOJF."

Thanks for everyone's input. If they do not charge unless there's a game then it's a no-brainer.........I'm definitely in.....just in case.
    For what it's worth, I just went through the payment process. Gave card info and it basically charged me $0.00 now, but also authorized $1500 if there's two games (cmon Bills and Fish, beat the Pats). My card doesn't show any charges now. Spoke with customer service just to be sure and my guess is later in January, if we are the 5 seed and the 6 seed makes it to the afc championship game with us, I'll be billed for one game.

To be clear, I'm all set as far as billing goes, but no money has been charged to my card yet. You shouldn't have any worries about your card gettin hit for $1400 right before Christmas. Earliest I could see billing would be after the last game if Pats fall apart and we beat Chicago and Buffalo, or late Jan if the 5 and 6 scenario comes about.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mike135. Just did the same thing (and I called them as well to confirm.)

Appreciate the help.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    how many times in franchise history have our Jets made the postseason two seasons in a row?

yet, the SOJF are obsessing about declining to pay for playoff tickets even after the team tells them they won't be charged unless there is actually a home game

sad and pathetic
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    For what it's worth, I just went through the payment process. Gave card info and it basically charged me $0.00 now, but also authorized $1500 if there's two games (cmon Bills and Fish, beat the Pats). My card doesn't show any charges now. Spoke with customer service just to be sure and my guess is later in January, if we are the 5 seed and the 6 seed makes it to the afc championship game with us, I'll be billed for one game.

To be clear, I'm all set as far as billing goes, but no money has been charged to my card yet. You shouldn't have any worries about your card gettin hit for $1400 right before Christmas. Earliest I could see billing would be after the last game if Pats fall apart and we beat Chicago and Buffalo, or late Jan if the 5 and 6 scenario comes about.
    That sounds like a very reasonable policy. I can't believe the Jets have enacted something so simple and logical.

I thought it was a tenet of professional sports teams to take an interest free loan from their ticketholders every time they have a remote chance of making the playoffs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be guranteed a home playoff game we need to win the division. NE has to lose out and we have to win out and then I believe we get the tie breakers.

Most likely we are a #5 or #6 seed - which means that we play road games for the 1st 2 rounds and the only way we get a home game it would be if we are #5 and the #6 is the only team left to play in the AFCCG.
    Even with those odds I would make the payment and then just wait and see.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just an FYI for whoever hasn't paid yet (or submitted your credit card info), the deadline is this Wed. December 22nd.

(I am assuming this)
    Also if you don't pay for your playoff tickets and we make it to the superbowl. You will lose out on the .00004% chance of getting the teams allotment of the tickets.