Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Indi/Pitt or KC/Pats

If the top four end up like this:

1 NE
    2 Pitt
    3 KC
    4 Indi

Then the wildcards are Jets and Ravens, would you rather be the 5 or 6 seed?

5 seed match-ups likely being Indi and Pitt.
    6 seed match-ups likely being KC and Pats.

The two that worry me most are Indi and NE, even though I'm pretty sure once we're rollin' in the playoffs, the Jets will be tough for anyone to beat. Think I'd have to take the 5 seed though. That'd still leave the real possibility of an AFC Championship game at home.

(All speculation of course, but at least this week we can do this instead of tearing the team and coaches apart.)
    Last edited by Mike135; 12-20-2010 at 12:43 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will be playing K.C...Lets hope the Bears win tonight.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're probably getting the 6th seed and going to KC/San Diego.

KC would be interesting.

San Diego would be good because we have a psychological advantage over them and Nate Kaeding in their house.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike135;3873538]
    5 seed match-ups likely being Indi and Pitt.
    6 seed match-ups likely being KD and Pats.[/QUOTE]

KD? Who is that? King Dong? I don't like the sound of that. :(

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;3873540]We're probably getting the 6th seed and going to KC/San Diego.

KC would be interesting.

San Diego would be good because we have a psychological advantage over them and Nate Kaeding in their house.[/QUOTE]

Eh - I don't know about that. I think they would be extremely motivated and they are an explosive team when they wake up. I think the Jets are simply better than KC. especially when factoring in the cross country travel, I would rather play @ KC.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would rather wait until we are in first...but yeah I'd rather play The Chefs, since Bowe, their best player would be neutralized (hopefully) by Revis...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rocky Raccoon;3873549]KD? Who is that? King Dong? I don't like the sound of that. :([/QUOTE]

Post more, because your avatar is chock-full of Asian booby-liciousness...:yes::yes::yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rocky Raccoon;3873549]KD? Who is that? King Dong? I don't like the sound of that. :([/QUOTE]

D'OH. Fixed, prolly subconscious combo of KC and SD.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike135;3873564]D'OH. Fixed, prolly subconscious combo of KC and SD.[/QUOTE]

Sir Dong???? :huh:

:D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;3873560]I would rather wait until we are in first...but yeah I'd rather play The Chefs, since Bowe, their best player would be neutralized (hopefully) by Revis...[/QUOTE]

Ironically, Bowe torched Revis as bad as anyone has in their last meeting. With Tyler Thigpen at the helm, no less.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, the only team I would be disappointed in drawing is Pitt. I think that beating them on the road twice would be incredibly difficult, especially w/ Polamalu presumably back on the field.

I really think that Baltimore, KC, Indy, and SD are all inferior teams at this point that we should be able to beat.

The Pats are obviously good, and the butterflies will be intense going into the game if it comes down to it. But I flat out want another shot at them this year. I know that is kinda dumb, but I do think this team/ coaching staff is a world better than they showed in Foxboro 2 weeks ago, and regardless of how the regular season ends that game would be so important to the next 5 years of this rivalry.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;3873540]We're probably getting the 6th seed and going to KC/San Diego.

KC would be interesting.

San Diego would be good because we have a psychological advantage over them and Nate Kaeding in their house.[/QUOTE]

Count me out. I Want no part of San Diego!!! They have all the motivation in the world not just to win, rather kick the **** out of us SOUNDLY

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The team I do not want to see more than anyone else is Indianapolis. After that it would be New England.

Bring on Kansas City, Jacksonville, San Diego or Oakland. All of those would be "easy" W's.

Baltimore & Pittsburgh are scary mirror images.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you get in the Playoffs everyone is a tough out. However I don't see the Jets beating the Colts at home, and even thought KC isn't going to be easy on the road either; I think it would be the Jets best shot to move on.

For the Pats its kind of a quandary. I don't see a team that the Pats can't beat, but as we saw last night, I don't see one that on a given Sunday, can't beat the Pats.. But since its likely that we will have the bye and home field advantage, I like our chances.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3873600]When you get in the Playoffs everyone is a tough out. However I don't see the Jets beating the Colts at home, and even thought KC isn't going to be easy on the road either; I think it would be the Jets best shot to move on.

For the Pats its kind of a quandary. I don't see a team that the Pats can't beat, but as we saw last night, I don't see one that on a given Sunday, can't beat the Pats.. But since its likely that we will have the bye and home field advantage, I like our chances.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd definitely prefer playing KC instead of in Indi, but I think the Jets are ready for that rematch now. Besides if they can't beat Indi, they don't really deserve to go far in the playoffs. I'm just hoping for a way to witness an AFCCG in person. Only ways I see that happening are:

1. Pats lose to Buffalo and Miami (impossible no, probable F-no) and then Jets win out.

2. Jets get 5 seed and win in Indi and Pitt. While the Ravens handle KC and then maybe repeat last year's win in NE. Pats would be favored for sure, but with Baltimore on a roll after winning in KC, the possibility of beating NE cold after bye week seems much more likely than option #1.