Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez getting MRI on shoulder

All Pro

Sanchez getting MRI on shoulder

BT just said it but has no other information. Said he will ask Rex when he comes on.

Yeah that's not good.

I've been listening all day. BT is a douche and that fan that called in and set him straight was awesome. "Maybe this show should be in Boston and not NY." Haha.

[QUOTE=southside;3873985]Yeah that's not good.

I've been listening all day. BT is a douche and that fan that called in and set him straight was awesome. "Maybe this show should be in Boston and not NY." Haha.[/QUOTE]

He used to be really good on the overnight. He's gotten bad now that he's more popular.

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/12/jets_qb_mark_sanchez_has_mri_o.html[/url]
    [QUOTE]Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez went for a "precautionary" MRI on his right (throwing) shoulder today, coach Rex Ryan said, but will "obviously" play Sunday against the Bears.

Ryan said Sanchez injured his shoulder on the Jets' second offensive drive of the game, when he ran the ball and his arm landed in an "awkward position." He didn't miss any time and played very well in the 22-17 win at Pittsburgh, completing 19-of-29 passes for 170 yards, with no interceptions and a rushing touchdown.

"Any time it's your quarterback, you're going to make sure hes OK," Ryan said. "The MRI showed it was a positive thing for us. He’ll be ready to play on Sunday. Will it limit him? I don’t know."

Ryan downplayed the injury and said he wasn't sure what to call it, settling on "sore shoulder." He emphasized the fact that Sanchez played the full game with it and joked that "I probably shouldn't have said anything."

Ryan said he expected Sanchez may be limited in practice this week. He added that he took a few reps away from him last week, too, inserting Mark Brunell to send the message that all players are accountable for their play.
    [/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    I REALLY hope it's as miniscule as they're making it out to be, and not a bigger issue that they're covering up. Dunno what it is with Jets QBs and shoulder/arm injuries.

All League
    what the **** is up with this ****? I think i remember seeing a pretty good hit on him yesterday, but can't remember specifics

I hate shoulders.

REX JUST SAID ON 1050 HE WILL PLAY SUNDAY

[QUOTE=SouthTown;3874036]what the **** is up with this ****? I think i remember seeing a pretty good hit on him yesterday, but can't remember specifics[/QUOTE]

Overreact much? :i_dont_kn

[QUOTE=ryan10;3874039]REX JUST SAID ON 1050 HE WILL PLAY SUNDAY[/QUOTE]

Chad used to play injured too.

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3874044]Chad used to play injured too.[/QUOTE]

So does Brady

if this is true.then we can expect clemens to show up.

Tortilla shoulder.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3874064]Tortilla shoulder.[/QUOTE]

Lol... nice twist to the classic "noodle arm."

[QUOTE=southside;3874065]Lol... nice twist to the classic "noodle arm."[/QUOTE]

I knew you would get that, southside. :D Cheers, mate.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3874066]I knew you would get that, southside. :D Cheers, mate.[/QUOTE]

:beers:

Rex said it happened on the 2nd play of the game.

He also said that it was a positive result on the MRI, but they didn't exactly say it was perfect.

Either way, Sanchez had a great throwing game. Plenty of hard thrown balls that had perfect accuracy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=jets rooter;3874059]if this is true.then we can expect clemens to show up.[/QUOTE]

Clemens is 3rd string.

All League
    looks like everything's fine and they just did it to be safe. let's not start getting panicky. besides, doesn't half this board think sanchez sucks anyway? :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3874072]Rex said it happened on the 2nd play of the game.

[B]He also said that it was a positive result on the MRI, [U]but they didn't exactly say it was perfect.[/U]

Either way, Sanchez had a great throwing game. Plenty of hard thrown balls that had perfect accuracy.[/B][/QUOTE]

Agreed, he played with it showing no ill-effects from what I saw.

Since they didn't say it was perfect, that means something is likely there. "Sore shoulder" to me translates to inflammation, maybe a sprain of some sort.

He'll be fine with a week of treatment and rest.

Borgo. "Tortilla shoulder"? WIN!:D