Thread: Sideline player jackets

Veteran

Sideline player jackets

Does anyone know where to get the winter jackets players wear over their pads on the sideline? They are full length team coats.

[QUOTE=rhyan66;3874216]Does anyone know where to get the winter jackets players wear over their pads on the sideline? They are full length team coats.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they sell those, mainly because they are cut extra wide to fit around shoulder pads. They'd look ridiculous if someone without pads put one on.

When I saw the title of this thread, I was going to be like, "yeah, i was wondering where to get those black coach's heavyweight jackets for a cheaper price than the Jets Shop at the stadium." Then, I read the rest and laughed my a*s off. I can't imagine anybody wearing those huge jackets out on the town.

Practice Squad
    Funny. Last night we gave my father in law a triple extra large jacket and it was too small. I was thinking he needs one of those over the pads jackets.
    Last edited by majormajor42; 12-20-2010 at 11:19 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3874248]When I saw the title of this thread, I was going to be like, "yeah, i was wondering where to get those black coach's heavyweight jackets for a cheaper price than the Jets Shop at the stadium." Then, I read the rest and laughed my a*s off. I can't imagine anybody wearing those huge jackets out on the town.[/QUOTE]

It'd be sweet to go to the game in one of those though. They gotta be pretty warm.

[QUOTE=rep;3874304]It'd be sweet to go to the game in one of those though. They gotta be pretty warm.[/QUOTE]

I would actually think that they aren't that warm. They probably just block the wind.

All League
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3874352]I would actually think that they aren't that warm. They probably just block the wind.[/QUOTE]

if the players are wearing them week after week, I have to figure they are at least somewhat warm.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=escamoter2;3874352]I would actually think that they aren't that warm. They probably just block the wind.[/QUOTE]

With a sturdy mast, they would serve a worthy seagoing vessel as an sail.

In a squall.... you would need like 6 crazy *****r sailers to slow that sh*t down.

"whoa whoa whoa whoa" that sort of thing with parrots.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3874217]I don't think they sell those, mainly because they are cut extra wide to fit around shoulder pads. They'd look ridiculous if someone without pads put one on.[/QUOTE]

That would be hilarious.

You see a guy walking down the street and the coat is hanging off his shoulders and the bottom is dragging on the sidewalk.

People would be walking by saying, "Dude, what the f-ck are you wearing?"

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SMC;3874573]That would be hilarious.

You see a guy walking down the street and the coat is hanging off his shoulders and the bottom is dragging on the sidewalk.

People would be walking by saying, "Dude, what the f-ck are you wearing?"[/QUOTE]

Nah, get the Danny Woodhead size. Should be just right...on a normal sized guy.

:rimshot:

[QUOTE=32green;3874358]With a sturdy mast, they would serve a worthy seagoing vessel as an sail.

In a squall.... you would need like 6 crazy *****r sailers to slow that sh*t down.

"whoa whoa whoa whoa" that sort of thing with parrots.

-[/QUOTE]

Take her full ahead, Mr. Green.

[QUOTE=pauliec;3874948]Take her full ahead, Mr. Green.[/QUOTE]

Set phasers to stun.

Your right, these proabably are very good quality while most of what's sold in the stores are ordinary or lesser jackets with a Jets logo.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Heynowguy;3875733]Your right, these proabably are very good quality while most of what's sold in the stores are ordinary or lesser jackets with a Jets logo.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I was going to say before the Parrot sh**.

Now i know.

-

All League
    [QUOTE=rhyan66;3874216]Does anyone know where to get the winter jackets players wear over their pads on the sideline? They are full length team coats.[/QUOTE]

wait till next season when they buy yet ANOTHER set of sideline jackets and you can buy this years version from the Jets.

what a waste of money and of course I bet the FANS end up paying for them one way or another.

I've got one from Syracuse. I wear it when I snow plow. :D

The thing fits over all of my snow gear with room to spare (lots of room)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;3875774]wait till next season when they buy yet ANOTHER set of sideline jackets and you can buy this years version from the Jets.

what a waste of money and of course I bet the FANS end up paying for them one way or another.[/QUOTE]

I've often wondered about that. All those different sideline clothes, like those grey mottled tie dyed looking things the inactive guys wear like they're fashion models, and all the different hats and everything, like the special pink ones just for a few weeks in October, I can't imagine what that bill comes to.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3874217]I don't think they sell those, mainly because they are cut extra wide to fit around shoulder pads. They'd look ridiculous if someone without pads put one on.[/QUOTE]

unless you weigh 300+ lbs without pads but still its a little over the top to wear those