Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I the only one not worried about the Bears?

All League
    [QUOTE=JazzyJet;3874245]I dunno what it is but this game doesn't worry me in the slightest. It just seems like the kind of game everyone thinks will be tough but we will come out and steam roll them.[/QUOTE]

What makes you think we're going to steam roll them? Seriously? Pittsburgh threw all over us and their offense is about as bad as ours. Martz is going to have Cutler eating up the middle (LB mismatches and replacement safety) of our D and Sanchez will be scrambling for his life all day as our receivers will be blanketed and our pass blocking is terrible.

Not to mention the only team we "steam rolled" was lowly Buffalo in Week 4 when our playbook was still sort of fresh. Our playbook and offensive play calls are exactly the same every week minus a play or two and teams know exactly what we're doing, right when we're doing it. We'll be lucky to win the game. We are better off facing running teams as we can stop the run, we can't stop the pass. And when is the last time Schitty called a successful TD pass? It was in Week 12 in Cincinatti after a they turned the ball over and gave it to us is their Red Zone. We haven't drove the field for a passing TD since week 11 against the worst pass D in the league Houston.

Here's a brief summary of our offense's play calls each week:

1st: Run up the middle for 1 yd gain
    2nd: WR screen pass, run up the middle again or Wildcat run for 2-yd gain
    3rd: 15 yard outs, 2 yard WR slants or 6 yard WR comeback route (WR routes are always 2 yards short of first)
    4th: Punt or shotgun formation short slants

So you honestly this formula's going to put up points on one of the best D's in the league? Wake up bud.

[QUOTE=RageATL;3874317]In the same place the Jets were 2 weeks ago, NE is THAT good. :yes:[/QUOTE]

The Pats are a lot closer to the team you saw vs. Green Bay than the team that beat the Jets and Bears. They're good, no doubt, but they're not THAT good.

Hall Of Fame

missing the point of the thread

I'm not saying that I've done a breakdown of the game, I'm not saying one team is better than the other. I'm saying in all my years as a Jets fan this game seems like the type of game we will do well in. I've had the same feeling about this game all year. It's based on no factual data just an opinion and a gut feeling.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JazzyJet;3874350]I'm not saying that I've done a breakdown of the game, I'm not saying one team is better than the other. I'm saying in all my years as a Jets fan this game seems like the type of game we will do well in. I've had the same feeling about this game all year. It's based on no factual data just an opinion and a gut feeling.[/QUOTE]

Granted, we are on the road, so... ;)

[QUOTE=FreemanMC;3874342]The Pats are a lot closer to the team you saw vs. Green Bay than the team that beat the Jets and Bears. They're good, no doubt, but they're not THAT good.[/QUOTE]

Yet they won all three.

Jets win last Sunday was huge and a real boost to your young QB, but he's got to build on that day to win in Soldier Field. Conditions are apt be less benign than in Pittburgh. Don't see the Jets winning if the only offensive TD they can muster is a Sanchez boot. Mark has to start throwing some TDs.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3874341]What makes you think we're going to steam roll them? Seriously? Pittsburgh threw all over us and [B]their offense is about as bad as ours.[/B] Martz is going to have Cutler eating up the middle (LB mismatches and replacement safety) of our D and Sanchez will be scrambling for his life all day as our receivers will be blanketed and our pass blocking is terrible.

Not to mention the only team we "steam rolled" was lowly Buffalo in Week 4 when our playbook was still sort of fresh. [B]Our playbook and offensive play calls are exactly the same every week[/B] minus a play or two and teams know exactly what we're doing, right when we're doing it. [B]We'll be lucky to win the game.[/B] We are better off facing running teams as we can stop the run, we can't stop the pass. And when is the last time Schitty called a successful TD pass? It was in Week 12 in Cincinatti after a they turned the ball over and gave it to us is their Red Zone. We haven't drove the field for a passing TD since week 11 against the worst pass D in the league Houston.

Here's a brief summary of our offense's play calls each week:

1st: Run up the middle for 1 yd gain
    2nd: WR screen pass, run up the middle again or Wildcat run for 2-yd gain
    3rd: 15 yard outs, 2 yard WR slants or 6 yard WR comeback route (WR routes are always 2 yards short of first)
    4th: Punt or shotgun formation short slants

So you honestly this formula's going to put up points on one of the best D's in the league? Wake up bud.[/QUOTE]
    Hey man...stop grinding that G__ D___ axe! You woke me up! The noise is unbearable!

[SIZE="1"]whatwrongwitchoo[/SIZE]

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=JazzyJet;3874350]I'm not saying that I've done a breakdown of the game, I'm not saying one team is better than the other. I'm saying in all my years as a Jets fan this game seems like the type of game we will do well in. I've had the same feeling about this game all year. It's based on no factual data just an opinion and a gut feeling.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about this; it's a "Saturday Night" game. We bask in the glory of a good win, and then, out of nowhere, on Saturday night, we will get the chills as we realize that the BEARS R PRETTY DARN GOOD! :eek:

And then on Sunday night, we laugh to ourselves..."heh heh heh...stupid ****ing [I]Bears[/I]! BEARS SUK!"

heh heh heh

[img]http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/173600-1/Hulk_throws_bear.gif[/img]

Lou Ferrigno says hi to Da Bears. :P

Let's hope the Jets can take out the trash next Sunday.

[QUOTE=JazzyJet;3874245]I dunno what it is but this game doesn't worry me in the slightest. It just seems like the kind of game everyone thinks will be tough but we will come out and steam roll them.[/QUOTE]

After seeing what the Jets did to the Steelers in steeltown? NO, I'm not worried in the slightest. The Jets should win. Rex has got the team playing again. That is truly a great feat. I don't know how many times I've seen this team go on a late season slide due to a big loss. Rex is certainly resilient and different than any other coach the Jets have had. The Jets will need to contain Julius Peppers, the guy is still a freak. They'll need to rely on a lot of same playcalling in my estimation. They are facing the number 1 defense.

I trust Jay Cutler to step on his dick in a big spot.

Banned
    Schitthead's still our OC. I'm worried about everyone we play because of it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Mainejet;3874413]After seeing what the Jets did to the Steelers in steeltown? NO, I'm not worried in the slightest. The Jets should win. Rex has got the team playing again. That is truly a great feat. I don't know how many times I've seen this team go on a late season slide due to a big loss. Rex is certainly resilient and different than any other coach the Jets have had. The Jets will need to contain Julius Peppers, the guy is still a freak. They'll need to rely on a lot of same playcalling in my estimation. [B]They are facing the number 1 defense.[/B][/QUOTE]

If you go by points allowed that was the Steelers.. In one 4 game stretch this year the Bears went 1-3 beating the panthers and losing to the Giants,Skins and Seahawks.. There not the Best team in the league as some I'm sure here will make them out to be.. And until that blow out last night the Jets had scored more points and I find that hard to believe as putrid as the Jets offense has been..:eek:

any chance the Bears rest players now that they locked up the division?

[QUOTE=abs9940;3874501]any chance the Bears rest players now that they locked up the division?[/QUOTE]

WOW.. You want the jets to back into the playoffs again? Have some pride ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Steamroll means O, the O must start winning games Sunday, don't care who we play. Their D can be tough even if some of their stats don't show it.

[QUOTE=mcsully;3874529]WOW.. You want the jets to back into the playoffs again? Have some pride ;)[/QUOTE]

Lol. I see what you did there. :D

But now that they've wrapped up their Division, perhaps they won't be playing with as much urgency this sunday. The Jets, on the other hand, haven't punched their Playoff ticket yet....

Things look promising for a Jets victory this sunday but the Jets have GOT TO :

1.) Take care of the Football like they did last sunday

2.) Play a bit better Defense, especially against the run(STOP FORTE!)

and

3.) Westhoff vs. Devin Hester. 'nuff said.

[QUOTE=sg3;3874297]note to Nick Folk and Steve Wetherford

do not kick it anywhere near that number 23 fella[/QUOTE]

+1

We don't want a "Matt Dodge" incident on our hands.

All League
    [QUOTE=Vin;3874411][img]http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/173600-1/Hulk_throws_bear.gif[/img]

Lou Ferrigno says hi to Da Bears. :P

Let's hope the Jets can take out the trash next Sunday.[/QUOTE]

This had me cracking up...Nice Vin! :yes:

All League
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3874404]Hey man...stop grinding that G__ D___ axe! You woke me up! The noise is unbearable!

[SIZE="1"]whatwrongwitchoo[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Alright I'll try to stop...lol