Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 10 best players in the draft.

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like

    10 best players in the draft.

    In no particular order...

    Andrew Luck - An obvious high end type QB prospect.

    Robert Quinn - Gets compared to the DeMarcus Ware. Had a tumor in his brain removed.

    Patrick Peterson - A Revis-esque CB prospect. Even getting the "he might be a safety" stuff they gave Revis.

    Cameron Heyward - Most solid of the 2 gap DL in this class.

    Derek Sherrod - Not quite the caliber of the past set of LT propsects, but a solid choice.

    AJ Green - Legit WR prospect. Best prospect at WR since Dez Bryant last year.

    Prince Amukamara - CB that gets some Terrence Newman comparisons...solid player.

    Ryan Mallett - Might be seen as a boom or bust type but I'm a fan.

    Marcell Dareus - Better playmaker than Heyward.

    Nick Fairley - Will probably fall to the teens once a character campaign is launched. Best off in a 4-3.

    Outside looking in: Mark Ingram (solid, versatile, workhorse type RB), DaQuan Bowers (similar to Derrick Morgan last year, but maybe better...hyped for a long time but this is his first big year)
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 12-21-2010 at 02:58 AM.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bowers is a better athlete than Morgan. I want to like him, but I have this thing with Clemson DL...

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Bowers is a better athlete than Morgan. I want to like him, but I have this thing with Clemson DL...
    Pretty much....he's a scary good athlete and his size and growth potential give him the potential to be a true 4-3 DE, but Clemson man...they're a bunch of softies over there.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't like Heyward, don't see him as anything more than a Kenyon Coleman player. Can eat some blocks but provides little push. Not a big fan at all.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Bowers is a better athlete than Morgan. I want to like him, but I have this thing with Clemson DL...
    and Bowers is keeping up the tradition of that thing with clemson d-linemen...

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I really don't like Heyward, don't see him as anything more than a Kenyon Coleman player. Can eat some blocks but provides little push. Not a big fan at all.
    Agree 100%....tough to go after a space-eating type player with a 1st round pick, when you can find someone who is marginally worse as a player in the later rounds or undrafted.

    I just want us to get some speed into our front 7....

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I really don't like Heyward, don't see him as anything more than a Kenyon Coleman player. Can eat some blocks but provides little push. Not a big fan at all.
    Disagree, I think his lack of flashy numbers this year has gotten him incredibly underrated during the season. Personally, I think he's one of the very few players in this draft that has proven on a fairly consistent basis that you can't single block him or he'll use his athleticism to beat that guy and cause trouble.

    I do think that guys like Heyward...or 3-4 DEs in general...are extremely difficult to scout because 1. they're not as common as 4-3 players 2. most guys are in college and even HS 4-3s and 3. the position is very specific...must be tall, must be long, must be athletic, must be able to handle double teams, must be able to play any line position (3-4 based Ds IMO are versatility based D's), and must like doing all that dirty work. I also think that 3-4 DL prospects tend to get underrated because of this whole "you can get them anywhere" thing...you can get any position anywhere it's getting the best of them that makes the first round so valuable.

    My guess is that he regains the hype he was getting come combine season when their latest college season holds less weight than interviews, physicals, and workouts. Only way I'd knock him down is if he came into the offseason at >300 pounds, and even that depends on other factors.

    Not to turn this into a "you don't like my guy?! I don't like YOUR guy!" thing but not sure what's not to like about Heyward when you're so up on Bailey. Bailey is the no doubt better athlete, but better football player? Don't see it. He's a statistically more successful college pass rusher, but the ACC also sucks balls and no one actually seems to buy him as a pass rusher either. I find it weird to like an OSU guy over a Miami guy too.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 12-21-2010 at 12:41 PM.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Disagree, I think his lack of flashy numbers this year has gotten him incredibly underrated during the season. Personally, I think he's one of the very few players in this draft that has proven on a fairly consistent basis that you can't single block him or he'll use his athleticism to beat that guy and cause trouble.

    I do think that guys like Heyward...or 3-4 DEs in general...are extremely difficult to scout because 1. they're not as common as 4-3 players 2. most guys are in college and even HS 4-3s and 3. the position is very specific...must be tall, must be long, must be athletic, must be able to handle double teams, must be able to play any line position (3-4 based Ds IMO are versatility based D's), and must like doing all that dirty work. I also think that 3-4 DL prospects tend to get underrated because of this whole "you can get them anywhere" thing...you can get any position anywhere it's getting the best of them that makes the first round so valuable.

    My guess is that he regains the hype he was getting come combine season when their latest college season holds less weight than interviews, physicals, and workouts. Only way I'd knock him down is if he came into the offseason at >300 pounds, and even that depends on other factors.

    Not to turn this into a "you don't like my guy?! I don't like YOUR guy!" thing but not sure what's not to like about Heyward when you're so up on Bailey. Bailey is the no doubt better athlete, but better football player? Don't see it. He's a statistically more successful college pass rusher, but the ACC also sucks balls and no one actually seems to buy him as a pass rusher either. I find it weird to like an OSU guy over a Miami guy too.
    I am offended! Insulted!! Flabergasted!!!

    I like Bailey better than Heyward b/c on tape they have there equal moments where you think "come on you can do better than that" but Bailey is a better athlete as you mentioned. Give me Jordan over both though, he's "my guy" if you will. Obviously discounting guys like Dareus and Fairley who will most likely be gone. Also I obviously watch very little of them b/c i don't think they'll be available so I'd feel weird saying they were "OMG AWESOME" lol

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us