Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: After The Steelers Game, Not Sure We're Going To Win Another Game This Season

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3874430]It's the ninth time in 10 games we've been rewarded for playing badly. Just reinforces the fact that the offense can be mismanaged and take the week off and they'll still win.

Some think today was an epic win, something memorable. It makes me sick. We played horribly. Yeah, 'better to win than lose' blah blah I get that. If we've got Lombardi aspirations, Sunday was about as far from that as possible.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

DUDE JUST STOP, WTF???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least we didn't have to bury the Game Ball :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3875464]The Steelers had 4 drives with 1 first down, and one that was a one play safety. I'm not saying the defense was great, but they played well before the final drive.
    Also, only the Saints and Ravens held the Steelers to less points than 17 since Roethlisberger got back.[/QUOTE]

They were one completion away from winning the game and scoring 24 on us. The D played bad and our offense didn't play much better. Stats don't tell the whole story...nor do they ever. All I'm saying is a bunch of people here at JI who disappeared after our 2-game losing streak are jumping back on the bandwagon but what they don't see is it's wheel's are attached with duct tape.

I don't think any knowledgeable Jets fan can say they've seen enough of our problem area's fixed to be confident that we're just as good as we were in the beginning of the season. We couldn't even throw a TD pass against the 24th ranked Pass D minus their best player. Maybe if we rout Chicago and our offense actually moves the ball consistently and scores a few TD's in the redzone, I'll hop back on but until then it ain't happening. I have a feeling there's going to be a bunch of depressed Jets fans after the Chicago game.
    Last edited by KingofNY; 12-21-2010 at 10:31 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3875521]At least we didn't have to bury the Game Ball :yes:[/QUOTE]

That's always a plus. :D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3874430]It's the ninth time in 10 games we've been rewarded for playing badly. Just reinforces the fact that the offense can be mismanaged and take the week off and they'll still win.

Some think today was an epic win, something memorable. It makes me sick. We played horribly. Yeah, 'better to win than lose' blah blah I get that. If we've got Lombardi aspirations, Sunday was about as far from that as possible.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Welcome to modern NFL football. Aside from the Pats (usually) and maybe the Eagles (this year), nothing is predictable. Cheering for a team is almost the same as cheering for Red vs. Black in roulette. Trying to make sense of it is maddening, so why try? Sit back, have a few De-Fence chants and a slice of pizza and enjoy the ride. Just hope that Red comes up a few times in a row at the end and you can call yourself superbowl champs!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    dump