Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rex pre Bears speech

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex pre Bears speech

Win & In

Win this game & a lot of you will be using week 17 to heal, rest up & get ready for the 1st playoff game.

Seriously, not having to win that last game is a huge advantage for the Jets.

Jets can rest all their banged up guys, I'm sure Mangold could use a rest with his banged up shoulder.

Usually, they are playing for their lives in the last week of the season.

Bears have already wrapped things up. Jets give 120%, Bears give 75%.

Jets get practically a buy week.
    Having to play 3 in a row to get to a Bowl, this is huge.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need to wrap things up and get this next win. With news coming out that Sanchez got an MRI on his shoulder it would be good to be able to get them some extra rest before the playoffs.

That being said this team SUCKS after any type of layoff so they still need to play the final game, but hopefully only for a half or so.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;3874478]Jets get practically a buy week.
    [/QUOTE]

Have you seen what happens to the Jets after bye weeks and long gaps?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetBidi;3874495]Have you seen what happens to the Jets after bye weeks and long gaps?[/QUOTE]

I think Rex has learned his lesson.
    He gave too much time away from football. They might know on Sunday night where they will be seeded & who they would match up with.

2 weeks to prepare. No one gets time away from the facility. Lot of film work, walk throughs building up to actual practice.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;3874504][B]I think Rex has learned his lesson.[/B]He gave too much time away from football. They might know on Sunday night where they will be seeded & who they would match up with.

2 weeks to prepare. No one gets time away from the facility. Lot of film work, walk throughs building up to actual practice.[/QUOTE]

He didn't learn his lesson from last years bye week..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;3874478]Win & In

Win this game & a lot of you will be using week 17 to heal, rest up & get ready for the 1st playoff game.

Seriously, not having to win that last game is a huge advantage for the Jets.

Jets can rest all their banged up guys, I'm sure Mangold could use a rest with his banged up shoulder.

Usually, they are playing for their lives in the last week of the season.

[B]Bears have already wrapped things up[/B]. Jets give 120%, Bears give 75%.

Jets get practically a buy week.
    Having to play 3 in a row to get to a Bowl, this is huge.[/QUOTE]

The only thing the Bears have won is the division. I saw Canizarro tweet this yesterday as well that the Jets are getting a break but if I'm Chicago, I am doing everything I can to win out to get the other bye in the first round. To me, that is a lot to play for. Bears win the next two and they will be the second seed. If they lose one, there is the possibility of them playing week one of the playoffs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Hustle;3874511]He didn't learn his lesson from last years bye week..[/QUOTE]

And after this year's by week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And if the Bills somehow upset the Patsies, the division is still up for grabs with a win in Chicago.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamesR;3874539]And if the Bills somehow upset the Patsies, the division is still up for grabs with a win in Chicago.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but there is no way the Bills can stop the Pats offense.
    Pats are averaging over 35 points vs good defenses

So if you are telling me that the Bills will score 40 points in crappy weather, ok, I'll give them a chance.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;3874553]Sorry, but there is no way the Bills can stop the Pats offense.
    Pats are averaging over 35 points vs good defenses

So if you are telling me that the Bills will score 40 points in crappy weather, ok, I'll give them a chance.[/QUOTE]

Last time they met both teams put up points - Patsies are a very different team, sure - but then, so are the Bills.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    ESPN says there's a 1.6% chance Pats lose to both Bills n Fish while Jets win out.

Crazier things have happened. See Meadowlands at about 4:15pm this past Sunday. Eagles had 1% chance of winning that game down by 21 with 7 minutes left.

Aren't Bills 4-2 in last 6 games or something like that?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    sadly, i don't see the Jets beating the Bears. ..esp not with Sanchez and a bum shoulder in the cold. ...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Game is not meaningless for Chicago

They have a shot at a first round bye but are losing the tye-breaker right now to Eagles

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    seriously... "Buy Week".. seriously. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;3875170]sadly, i don't see the Jets beating the Bears. ..esp not with Sanchez and a bum shoulder in the cold. ...[/QUOTE]

Sanchez's Shoulder IS FINE, Sack.

Plus, they just amped up the intensity of the us-against-the-world mentality starting last sunday. You think they're going to have any less success against Chicago than they did against Pittsburgh?

No matter how you look at it, Jay Cutler is NOT Ben The Rapist.

Jets will win this one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    anyone think that schitty should be looking ahead and not focusing on the next two games? seems to me the schit meister is merely below average for normal games and simply horrible for long lead time games.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CIL;3875225]They have a shot at a first round bye but are losing the tye-breaker right now to Eagles[/QUOTE]

they beat the eagles head to head..i think that would give the bears the tie breaker

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;3874520] if I'm Chicago, I am doing everything I can to win out to get the other bye in the first round. that is a lot to play for. Bears win the next two and they will be the second seed. [/QUOTE]

... exactly this :yes: ...

... bears will be at full strength!!! ...

l_j_r

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we win today we can heel up
    We can really get our toe in the door
    Lets see if we can nail this one and but our feet in the right direction.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another thing to consider is - we may have already made the playoffs by the time the game kicks off, based on the Jax game at 1pm. If Jax lose, we're in. We'll also know how the NE / Buf game has gone, and whether there's still a shot for us to win the division.

So by kickoff time, the only unknown for the Jets could be which WC spot we get - 5th or 6th seed. Bears would have a lot more at stake (1st round bye).