Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: What week 17 intrigue might we have

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

What week 17 intrigue might we have

It seems as if all the planning that the league has done to make these games meaningful, week 17 might just be one big bye week. If we win and the Ravens win or if the Jags or Colts lose the playoff picture is set in the AFC. There might be a seeding change but i think thats it. If the Giants win, the NFC is reall set as well. Is this correct?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    NFC WEST IN PLAY

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;3874675]NFC WEST IN PLAY[/QUOTE]

that's pretty scary when all we have left on the last day of a great football season is what 7-9 will qualify for the playoffs by winning and playing a home playoff game the following week

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out of all the NFC West teams, which team would you like to see get in?

My vote is St. Louis 'cause I'm very impressed with Bradford.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, all it would take for a very meaningful week 17 in the AFC east is Jets win this weekend and a Pats loss this weekend.

Granted, that would mean two upsets -- but neither outcome is totally far-fetched. Both are well within the realm of the possible and realistic.

And if that happens, it means that the AFC East title, and possibly number 1 seed, would be up for grabs on the last weekend of the regular season. Yes, it's a long shot that the Jets would actually end up getting it -- they'd have to beat Buff (likely, but not an easy game), and NE would have to loss their second straight game (highly unlikely).

But the drama would be there -- and it's not as far off as it may seem.
    Last edited by gaffneycatch; 12-21-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;3874666]It seems as if all the planning that the league has done to make these games meaningful, week 17 might just be one big bye week. [/QUOTE]

Conversely, It seems as if all the planning that the league has done to make these games meaningful, week 17 might just see 7 of the 8 Division Titles being settled by tough Division Rivalry games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;3874725]Conversely, It seems as if all the planning that the league has done to make these games meaningful, week 17 might just see 7 of the 8 Division Titles being settled by tough Division Rivalry games.[/QUOTE]

Correct. I believe only one division has been clinched so far. AFCN, AFCS and NFCW are still tied and could easily go down to the last game. IND/JAX is probably the most meaningful race as the loser is almost certainly out of the playoffs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ forget it, gaffney. New England has a horseshoe shoved up its collective ass this season so they'll run the table the rest of the way.

Let's just focus on the Jets getting INTO the playoffs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    we need to clinch our postseason berth vs the Bears and let others worry about week 17.

The elimination of the Stinking Fish last week ruined any chance that the Cheating Douchechick would lay down and let Miami win in order to screw the Jets, so frankly, I'm not worried about either week.

12-4 gets us in with a better record than two of the division winners and we should be favored over Kansas City or Jacksonville/Indy in the first round

After that

bring on the Steelers again

or that stinking faggot Brady again

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think there is a 0% chance the Pats lose the next 2 games so we should probably stop worrying about that

The Jets hope at the division died when they lost to the Dolphins.

Their best hope now is to just win a game to get in the playoffs.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    AFC West is still up for grabs as well as the a playoff spot in NFC if Saints lose(atlanta) and Bucs win(seatlle). So there are some good games that could happen in week 17 still.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really really really want the NFC West winner to be 7-9.

I'm also hoping it ends up being the 49ers because that would be really funny